Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-26-2011 22:19:02

vbsaltydog
Website

Single Page Checkout XMOD

There is a Single Page Checkout XMOD available for ClickCartPro v7.x

Here is the link where you can watch the demo video, see the Single Page Checkout running on the site, and purchase the XMOD from the site.

http://www.cartmod.com/category/one-pag … ckout.html

Thank you

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#2 08-10-2011 13:25:43

stage

Re: Single Page Checkout XMOD

How do I "activate" the Single Page Checkout.  It is installed, but if I put something in my shopping cart and choose Checkout, it goes to the old 2 page form.  I want it to go to Single Page Checkout by default.

Thanks,
Nathan

#3 08-10-2011 14:16:33

vbsaltydog
Website

Logout before checking out.

#4 08-10-2011 20:20:06

stage

Okay I see it now.

So does this mean it's a "Guest Checkout Only" feature?  Or can I tweak things and replace the regular checkout with the single page one globally?

#5 08-10-2011 20:29:41

vbsaltydog
Website

It can be tweaked to be the only option but this is a specific request and would cost extra.

#6 08-11-2011 04:03:24

jojo

What is it going to cost as a global feature?

Last edited by jojo (08-11-2011 04:04:22)

#7 08-11-2011 08:19:09

stage

Ditto on jojo's comment.  When I purchased it I really expected that it could replace the current checkout scheme.

But I suppose if it's global it's inevitable that it will be affected by CCP updates.

Thanks,
Nathan

#8 08-11-2011 08:39:21

vbsaltydog
Website

If I had written the XMOD to replace the existing checkout options then people would be asking where are the "create account" and "login" and "guest checkout" options.

The XMOD is an extension of the CCP Checkout, vs. a replacement of the CCP Checkout.

There are several reasons why the native CCP Checkout options are still valid and should not be removed.

The current XMOD is VERY competent  at offering a Single Page Checkout option to the existing checkout options while
being non invasive to the CCP Core allowing CCP updates.

If anyone wants customizations to the Single Page Checkout then I am happy to oblige for a fee but the Standard XMOD is going to remain as an extension of the CCP Checkout vs. a replacement.

Thank you

#9 08-12-2011 09:34:28

jojo

Just to clarify.. does the xmod work only for non-logged in visitors?

#10 08-12-2011 19:30:07

vbsaltydog
Website

It works for both logged in and non logged in users but, by default, it is not available to logged in users because the native CCP checkout is faster for logged in users than the Single Page Checkout is.

#11 08-13-2011 04:21:12

jojo

Sorry salty, but I'm confused.

Stage asked earlier how to activate the Single Page Checkout and was told to "logout before checking out".

He then asked **does this mean it's a "Guest Checkout Only" feature?  Or can I tweak things and replace the regular checkout with the single page one globally?**, and the reply was "It can be tweaked to be the only option but this is a specific request and would cost extra."

So what I'd like to know is this..... can any user, account holder or guest, logged in or not, choose to use the one-page checkout? And how much will this cost?

#12 08-14-2011 17:27:22

vbsaltydog
Website

jojo wrote:

Sorry salty, but I'm confused.

Stage asked earlier how to activate the Single Page Checkout and was told to "logout before checking out".

The Single Page Checkout was active but it was not being displayed as a checkout option because he was logged into a user account so I told him to log out before going to the checkout and then he saw the Single Page Checkout option.

jojo wrote:

He then asked **does this mean it's a "Guest Checkout Only" feature?  Or can I tweak things and replace the regular checkout with the single page one globally?**, and the reply was "It can be tweaked to be the only option but this is a specific request and would cost extra."

The Single Page Checkout is an ADDED option to the CCP checkout methods that are shown to non logged in users. If you want to hide all of the default checkout options and force users to use the Single Page Checkout then this would be a mod to the Single Page Checkout XMOD and would cost extra.

jojo wrote:

So what I'd like to know is this..... can any user, account holder or guest, logged in or not, choose to use the one-page checkout? And how much will this cost?

No.The Single Page Checkout is only shown to non logged in users as an ADDED checkout option along with the default CCP checkout options so customers are not forced to use it. It does not appear as an option for logged in users because the native CCP checkout process is faster than the Single Page Checkout if you are logged in before you enter the checkout. Why would you want to slow the checkout process down for logged in users or ask them for address info that the cart already has if you are logged in?

#13 08-14-2011 17:50:37

magwa

That's a concise answer VB.
There shouldn't be any room for confusion now.

I must admit I like the look of this, but at the moment I'm struggling to find out why file uploads as a product option are not working and until I sort that out I can't move anything forward..
My head hurts.

#14 08-15-2011 02:36:54

vbsaltydog
Website

You have asked for it so I have listened and the newest version of the Single Page Checkout has two new settings added.

The first allows you to enable/disable the Single Page Checkout option for logged in users as well as for guest users.
The second allows you to enable/disable forcing visitors to use the Single Page Checkout.

When the Force Single Page Checkout setting is enabled, customers will not be taken to the page that lets them choose to use guest checkout, log in, change accounts, etc. Instead they are taken directly to the Single Page Checkout.

#15 08-15-2011 19:58:40

stage

This now sounds like it will work as I originally envisioned it.

I always intended to dump half of the features on the native checkout page.  My customers do not need to log out and then checkout as guest, nor do they need to change accounts (as part of the checkout process).

I have a question.  With the new features enabled, can a customer create an account during the checkout process?  I think they need to have already created an account and logged in, otherwise single page checkout is a guest checkout by default.  Is that correct?

Thanks,
Nathan

#16 08-15-2011 20:15:08

vbsaltydog
Website

stage wrote:

This now sounds like it will work as I originally envisioned it.

I always intended to dump half of the features on the native checkout page.  My customers do not need to log out and then checkout as guest, nor do they need to change accounts (as part of the checkout process).

I have a question.  With the new features enabled, can a customer create an account during the checkout process?

If you have the "Force Single Page Checkout" option enabled then they cannot create an account during the checkout.
If you have the "Force Single Page Checkout" option disabled then they can create an account during the checkout.

stage wrote:

I think they need to have already created an account and logged in, otherwise single page checkout is a guest checkout by default.  Is that correct?

Thanks,
Nathan

If you have the "Force Single Page Checkout" option enabled then they are taken directly to the Single Page Checkout regardless of whether they are logged in or not. It Forces the checkout to use the Single Page Checkout.

I think you just need to play with the settings to see how you want it setup on your site. I have made the XMOD as user friendly as possible.

#17 10-06-2011 16:10:28

vbsaltydog
Website

Please move this thread to the 3rd party modules forum.

#18 02-20-2012 12:35:14

sbhkma

How does this work when you have several items being shipped to multiple addresses? I LOVE the single page checkout concept. I don't like the way the current ccp ship to multiple addresses is set up. The store gets many calls from people wanting to ship to multiple addresses and they can't figure out how to do it, but that's another mod issue I need to research smile

#19 02-20-2012 15:22:20

vbsaltydog
Website

sbhkma wrote:

How does this work when you have several items being shipped to multiple addresses? I LOVE the single page checkout concept. I don't like the way the current ccp ship to multiple addresses is set up. The store gets many calls from people wanting to ship to multiple addresses and they can't figure out how to do it, but that's another mod issue I need to research smile

The Single Page Checkout XMOD combines all of the native CCP checkout features into a single page. It does not change the CCP checkout features so they continue to work as normal only within a single page with some nice javascript form validation.

#20 02-20-2012 15:58:12

sbhkma

Fantastic! Thanks for the info.

Board footer