Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-10-2011 19:23:46

Cww2

Securing site

Our site is on network solutions and I can not get our secure ket to work properly
when I try installing i on step three - explorer gives an error saying images are not secure and flags every page, and locks me out of the back end

I also tried inserting a .htaccess file and then it gives me a malformation error.

Suggestions appreciated,

Chris

#2 03-10-2011 20:19:11

vbsaltydog
Website

Re: Securing site

You need to make sure that ALL links on your site that point to resources (javascript files, images, etc) either use relative paths, or https prefixes when you are on secure pages. CCP does this automatically so the only issues you should have are with links that you have added to the CCP skin.

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#3 03-10-2011 23:26:17

Cww2

I have no idea what you are telling me to do, in one place you say make all the links go to a relative path, in the next you say that the ccp program will do it for me....

I find the whole system frustrating.  It is a great system with great flexibility once you figure out what does what and what goes where but no clear directions on how to solve a problem without spending hours working out guessing what each server needs or what goes where. 

It says in the install step three - just put in the path, but yet it makes it not function correctly and technically  there is no folder "core" there is a folder core-private, the a core folder within that.... so my question is what do I need to do to get this to be secure.  This was install by kryptronics but no one asked me if it was on a secure server and the path stated is not the path given to me by networks solution.

So can you tell me what I need to do. 

Thanks - yes I am more than frustrated.  I am just tired of spinning my wheels.

#4 03-11-2011 00:18:37

vbsaltydog
Website

Cww2 wrote:

I have no idea what you are telling me to do, in one place you say make all the links go to a relative path, in the next you say that the ccp program will do it for me....

The CCP program will take care of the port redirection on secure/non-secure pages so there should be no errors if you:

(1) Install a valid SSL certificate on your site.
(2) Make sure that the CCP {private}/config.php has the correct values for your secure site
(3) Have not added anything to the CCP skin that explicitly calls http://some-non-secure-item-like-an-image-or-js-file

Cww2 wrote:

I find the whole system frustrating.  It is a great system with great flexibility once you figure out what does what and what goes where but no clear directions on how to solve a problem without spending hours working out guessing what each server needs or what goes where. 

It says in the install step three - just put in the path, but yet it makes it not function correctly and technically  there is no folder "core" there is a folder core-private, the a core folder within that.... so my question is what do I need to do to get this to be secure.  This was install by kryptronics but no one asked me if it was on a secure server and the path stated is not the path given to me by networks solution.

So can you tell me what I need to do. 

Thanks - yes I am more than frustrated.  I am just tired of spinning my wheels.

If you continue to have problems then you can always hire a programmer to handle this for you. I am available, I'm sure Dave can do it as well, and there are also paid support tickets from Kryptronic.

My instructions above should get you sorted out though.

#5 03-11-2011 00:25:50

Cww2

Thank you

If I have to I will work with Network solutions or go back to kryptronics with this.  I do not believe I should have to pay for each step, when this should not require a custom edit, especially when I paid for an instal, but if I just feel like crying wolf I will let you know - you did a nice job on the custom php shipping for me. When it is a custom need I have no problem paying for - but this is not that.  This should not be this big of deal.

Thanks again,

Chris

#6 03-11-2011 00:36:15

vbsaltydog
Website

Agreed. I think that if Network Solutions installed your SSL certificate correctly and your CCP {private}/config.php file secure site settings are correct then your issues should be gone. At that point, if they are not THEN you should look for the non-secure content on the page. What is your website URL so that forum members can look at your page and offer info?

Board footer