Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-02-2011 11:45:41

meshugy

Usps Api Change

Once again USPS has changed something in their API and it is no longer working correctly with CCP7. I hope someone can figure out a fix fast as my cart is no longer charging any shipping.

Michael

#2 01-02-2011 17:09:14

larry

Re: Usps Api Change

We were going to go "live" with realtime rates for USPS, then I got this email from USPS.   As expected, they say they are changing "something", but there's no specifics on how that change will impact us peons.   If you are able to interpret it, I'm all ears.  Otherwise I'm waiting for the dust to settle.

Here's the email: 

Dear Webtools Integrator,
On January 2, 2011, USPS will update domestic shipping services and international pricing and product features. For detailed information on prices and new product features, please reference the Federal Register Notice at http://pe.usps.com/FederalRegisterNotic … 11_Prices.

For a list of the new prices, please reference the Postal Explorer website at http://pe.usps.com/. The information is on the left hand side under "NEW* Jan. 2, 2011 Pricing Information"

Price Change updates will be available in the Web Tools testing environment for integrator access on or around December 13. The test environment can be accessed, using your production UserID, via the following URL scheme, host and path:

Secure APIs: https://stg-secure.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll
Non-secure APIs: http://stg-production.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll
Please note that the changes below are intended to be backwards compatible, however, may not be depending on how individual programs are integrated with the APIs. Technical guides, inclusive of the changes below, can be obtained from the USPS Internet Customer Care Center (1-800-344-7779 or icustomercare@usps.com).

Web Tools APIs will be affected in the following manner:
§ All Web Tools APIs with postage prices incorporated will be updated to reflect the price changes
§ All Rate Calculator API integrators are encouraged to migrate to the latest API versions (RateV4, IntlRateV2):
o RateV4 and IntlRateV2 will be the only Rate Calculator API versions to offer the full range of new products and functionality

o Rate, RateV2, RateV3 and IntlRate will be retired in May 2011, requiring all integrators to migrate to the latest versions

§ Domestic Rate Calculator API Changes
o New <Container> request enumerations will be added to RateV4 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice

o New response nodes in Rate, RateV2, RateV3 and RateV4 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice

o New optional request values in RateV4 to support USPS extra services offerings and prices
o New optional response nodes in RateV4 to support USPS extra services offerings and prices
§ International Rate Calculator API
o New response nodes in IntlRate and IntlRateV2 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice

o New optional request values in IntlRateV2 to support USPS extra services offerings and prices
o New optional response nodes in IntlRateV2 to support USPS extra services offerings and prices
o New <AdditionalRestrictions> response value in IntlRate and IntlRateV2
§ Express Mail Label and Hold For Pickup Express API
o New <Revision> and <Container> request data tags to support the Legal Flat Rate Box
o New <Size>, <Length>, <Width>, <Height> and <Girth> request data tags
§ Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation
o New <Revision> and <Container> request data tags to support the USPS product offering and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice

§ International Label APIs
o New <Container> request enumerations will be added to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice

o New <Revision>, <Size>, <Length>, <Width>, <Height> and <Girth> request data tags
o New <AdditionalRestrictions> response value
§ Customs Forms CN22 and CP72
o New <AdditionalRestrictions> response value
Please contact the USPS Internet Customer Care Center with any questions or concerns at 1-800-344-7779 or icustomercare@usps.com.

- Web Tools Program Office

Laurie Stephens

#3 01-02-2011 19:10:42

meshugy

I saw this on a another forum, looks this is the problem but how do we fix it?

"It looks like as part of the USPS change on the 2nd they have changed the titles from “Express Mail” to “Express Mail<sup>®</sup>”. I’m working on a quick patch now, shouldn’t be long. "

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/v … 3/#t290886

#4 01-02-2011 20:14:02

meshugy

I got international rates working by editing the usps.php file. I added

Code:

&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;

to the various service codes.

so

Code:

'Express Mail International'

was changed to

Code:

'Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International'

Unfortunately this doesn't work for domestic rates. Does anyone have a fix?

Last edited by meshugy (01-02-2011 20:15:45)

#5 01-03-2011 11:40:05

meshugy

Am I the only one having this problem?  The support forums for other shopping carts are full of chatter about this issue.

Anyway, First Class domestic seems to work (for packages less then 10oz or so). I have all the international rates I use working with the fix above. However, I can't get the other domestic rates working (Priority, Express, and Media won't return rates). I hope someone has a a solution soon every hour this continues it's more money down the drain in lost shipping fees.

Thanks!

Michael

#6 01-03-2011 11:44:26

KryptoJim

I'll forward this one to Nick to get a reply from him.

#7 01-03-2011 11:57:30

lgbsteve
Website

meshugy, your not the only one.  I closed my store yesterday, waiting for a fix.  Didn't want to clutter this site up like the one you were talking about.

Steve
Collecting Little Golden Books

#8 01-04-2011 11:10:39

meshugy

Has Nick made any progress on this? I'm concerned that there doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency here among the support staff. I can't speak for others, but having USPS real time rates offline is a HUGE problem for me and is causing my business to hemorrhage money  by the hour. I hope this can be dealt with soon.

#9 01-04-2011 11:33:15

meshugy

ok, I've got all the rates working now, both domestic and international. Here is a list of the the new service names:

Code:

Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup
Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Flat Rate Envelope
Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Hold For Pickup
Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup
Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope
Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Envelope
Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery Legal Flat Rate Envelope
Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery
Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;
First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Large Envelope
First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Package
Media Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;
Parcel Post&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;
Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Flat Rate Envelope
Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope
Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Large Flat Rate Box
Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope
Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Medium Flat Rate Box
Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Padded Flat Rate Envelope
Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Small Flat Rate Box
Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Small Flat Rate Envelope
Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Window Flat Rate Envelope
Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;

I still can't believe USPS changed this without any warning!

#10 01-04-2011 19:48:28

lgbsteve
Website

Thank you.  I've now got domestic Express and Priority but no luck on Media and First Class.

Nick do you have any plans for and update for this?

Last edited by lgbsteve (01-04-2011 20:36:25)

Steve

#11 01-04-2011 20:39:00

meshugy

you make the changes starting on line 43.

So

Code:

'Express Mail       => 'Express',

should changed to:

Code:

'Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'                => 'Express',

Just go through each service name that you use and add

Code:

&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'

Mine currently looks like this:

Code:

var $usps_domcodes  = array('Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'                => 'Express',
                            'Express Mail Commercial'     => 'Express Commercial',
                            'Express Mail PO to PO'       => 'Express',
                            'First-Class Mail'            => 'First Class',
                            'Media Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'                  => 'Media',
                            'Parcel Post'                 => 'Parcel',
                            'Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'               => 'Priority',
                            'Priority Mail Commercial'    => 'Priority Commercial',
                            'Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box' => 'Priority');

var $usps_intlcodes = array('Global Express Guaranteed'                              => 'GEG',
                            'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular'     => 'GEGNDR',
                            'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular' => 'GEGNDNR',
                            'Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International'                             => 'EMI',
                            'Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope'          => 'EMIFRE',
                            'Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International'                            => 'PMI',
                            'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope'         => 'PMIFRE',
                            'Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International Medium Flat Rate Box'              => 'PMIFRB',
                            'First-Class Mail International Letters'                 => 'FCMIL',
                            'First-Class Mail International Flats'                   => 'FCMIF',
                            'First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International Package**'                 => 'FCMIP');

#12 01-04-2011 21:13:56

lgbsteve
Website

Michael,  This really helped, I  now have Media, Priority and Express. 
Thank you and much appreciated.

Steve

#13 01-06-2011 20:25:03

siktir23

Michael,

This worked for me also.  THANK YOU for posting your fix!

DJ

#14 01-06-2011 20:33:43

stuseattle

Michael,

Well, I got it half working . . . like everyone else, my shipping's gone crazy.  FedEx still works but UPS has disappeared. Most important, though, is the USPS.  I followed your instructions above, best I could since I don't really know anything about code, but can't get First Class (package rate), Parcel, or Media Mail to show up.  Priority and Express, and every FedEx mode, is working . . . can you point me in a direction that might work?  Here's what I have in there at the moment:

var $usps_domcodes  = array('Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'                => 'Express',
                            'Express Mail Commercial'     => 'Express Commercial',
                            'Express Mail PO to PO'       => 'Express',
                            'First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'            => 'First Class',
                            'Media Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'                  => 'Media',
                            'Parcel Post&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'                 => 'Parcel',
                            'Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'               => 'Priority',
                            'Priority Mail Commercial'    => 'Priority Commercial',

var $usps_intlcodes = array('Global Express Guaranteed'                              => 'GEG',
                            'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular'     => 'GEGNDR',
                            'Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International'                             => 'EMI',
                            'Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope'          => 'EMIFRE',
                            'Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International'                            => 'PMI',
                            'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope'         => 'PMIFRE',
                            'Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International Medium Flat Rate Box'              => 'PMIFRB',
                            'First-Class Mail International Letters'                 => 'FCMIL',
                            'First-Class Mail International Flats'                   => 'FCMIF',
                            'First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International Package**'                 => 'FCMIP');

Thanks for all your help,

Stu

PS - We're still using the CCP6 cart and I pasted this into THAT script too . . . it works just fine there, just not in the CCP7 cart.

Last edited by stuseattle (01-06-2011 20:45:40)

#15 01-06-2011 21:01:09

lgbsteve
Website

I also had a problem with the First Class and Media Rate until I pasted Michael's code directly into the file.  I now have the Media Rate and my First Class international has been proven  to work.  I have not been able to get First Class domestic to work, but I can live with that.

Unless Nick is on vacation I just don't understand the lack of help from the team on this one.  I guess there's only a few of us clickcart users using the Postal Service.

Steve

#16 01-06-2011 21:25:42

stuseattle

Steve,

Yeah, this was a pretty big deal around here.  We've been getting a lot of order and I really don't want to shut down our cart. We've got Media Mail going with CCP6 but not with CCP7.   In fact, even though we cut/pasted Michael's code into the file, we're only getting Priority and Express . . . no UPS either. (FedEx works though.)

I also don't understand why someone with Kryptonic hasn't jumped in with all the codes completely figured out. This has really hurt our business, I have to issue refunds to a lot of people who used FedEx Home Delivery 'cause it was the cheapest option, and it's something that needs to be fixed.

I'm hoping maybe Michael's around later to point out the error of our ways.

stu

#17 01-06-2011 22:04:51

meshugy

stuseattle wrote:

but can't get First Class (package rate), Parcel, or Media Mail to show up.

Not sure why Media is not working as it works for me with the code I posted above. I noticed you added the "&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt" to First class domestic. I actually didn't change that one at all, just left it and worked fine so maybe try removing the added code for First Class.

My fix posted above is setup so it works with the services I use which are:

Domestic:

First Class
Media Mail
Priority
Express

International:

First Class
Priority
Express

I didn't touch the others so you probably need to edit Parcel Post with the added code.

Last edited by meshugy (01-06-2011 22:08:43)

#18 01-06-2011 22:05:59

meshugy

lgbsteve wrote:

I have not been able to get First Class domestic to work, but I can live with that.

Try leaving First Class domestic alone, it worked for me without any added code.

#19 01-06-2011 22:58:29

stuseattle

Hmm . . tried just the cut/paste thing but I don't get all those things.  With the following, I only get:

USPS Priority Mail®
USPS Express Mail®

If you don't mind taking a look at this, what am I missing?

var $usps_domcodes  = array('Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'                => 'Express',
                            'First-Class Mail'            => 'First Class',
                            'Media Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'                  => 'Media',
                            'Parcel Post&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'                 => 'Parcel',
                            'Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt;'               => 'Priority',

var $usps_intlcodes = array('Global Express Guaranteed'                              => 'GEG',
                            'Express Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International'                             => 'EMI',
                            'Express Mail International (EMS) Flat Rate Envelope'    => 'EMIFRE',
                            'Priority Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International'                            => 'PMI',
                            'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box'              => 'PMIFRB',
                            'First Class Mail International Letters'                 => 'FCMIL',
                            'First Class Mail International Flats'                   => 'FCMIF',
                            'First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; International Package**'                 => 'FCMIP');

I like your list . . . can do without the Parcel Post . . .

stu

PS - By the way, removing the "added code" to First Class worked in CCP6, which now has all the options from USPS, FedEx, and UPS.  We re-activated that cart while we figure out what's wrong with CCP7

#20 01-07-2011 00:02:20

meshugy

Try this for fist class domestic:

First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Package

#21 01-07-2011 11:44:09

stuseattle

Yeah, it's strange . . tried that already . . no dice.
I've tried the cut/paste of your list, I've modified it a number of ways, as far as USPS goes, I only get Priority and Express domestic . . not even getting any of the international options.

Here's my current list:
                            'First-Class Mail&amp;lt;sup&amp;gt;&amp;amp;reg;&amp;lt;/sup&amp;gt; Package'            => 'First Class',

'Express Mail International (EMS) Flat Rate Envelope'    => 'EMIFRE',
                            'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box'              => 'PMIFRB',
                            'First Class Mail International Letters'                 => 'FCMIL',
                            'First Class Mail International Flats'                   => 'FCMIF',

I know I'm missing something.

stu

PS - All of this now works in CCP6, though . . except that "First Class" disappears as an option after 7 ounces.

#22 01-07-2011 11:53:22

stuseattle

Update . . no change.

I tried every variation I could think of.  I cut/paste your entire example above but that didn't work. I tried the "package" thing and also tried no added code on First Class . . nothing.  I tried re-pasting the code to Media Mail . . nada.  No matter what I try, I only get Priority and Express in our cart.

I would love it if someone at Kryptonic would take a look at this issue and figure out a fix. We've had to abandon using CCP7 for our cart and were lucky that everything was up to date on our CCP6.

Thanks everyone else for all your advice.

stu

#23 01-07-2011 11:56:19

meshugy

this may be a stupid question but do you have first class set to "active" in the realtime services section?

#24 01-07-2011 13:24:57

stuseattle

Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap

I swear I went in there and turned EVERYTHING to true while I was working on this . . . I even double-checked it yesterday.

Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap

Well, Michael . . . OF COURSE it works if you turn it on! 

I didn't think I could get lower on the totem pole around here . . . this is going to be the source of amusement for weeks to come.

Now, why won't UPS connect anymore?

stu

#25 01-07-2011 13:38:15

Dave

ROTFL, that's the funniest post I've seen in these fora in almost 7 years!!!!!!!!!

Board footer