Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-21-2010 08:29:12

picstart

Wholesale product visibilty

I know this seems to have been asked many times , but does not seem to have been answered,

how do i stop non wholesale products (i have created seperate product codes for the wholesale products) from being displayed and confusing our wholesalers (because of the different pricing)
i have found some code in ecom prod.php that seems to select the user but i do not understand the coding , can a simple piece of code be added that checks the user type first.

i thought about creating a new user group but cannot see any settings that would control what products they see. I need it to show logged in and non logge in users the retail products and prices, so setting the user to basic user does not seem to work.

Its seems odd that wholesale users would need to see all products as well as there own group.

am i missing something simple here?

"It may be my worst nightmare at present..... but soon it will be my dream"

#2 11-21-2010 08:50:12

dh783
Website

Re: Wholesale product visibilty

How do you have your product(s) visibility setup? Wholesale items should have there visibility section set like

Product Visibility Selection*  field set to "Specific User Groups Only"
Product Visibility Groups  field set to :

wholesale - Wholesale Accounts
       superuser - Backend Superuser  // so you can see them
       admin - Backend Admin // if needed

these are just the three basic account that would need to see wholesale items. If your selling items to both a basic user and a wholesale accounts then you would need two items ids for each product, one that users can see and one that only wholesale customer would be seeing.

John

#3 11-21-2010 15:06:03

picstart

Hi John,
i have got both retail users and wholesale accounts , i have set up new product ids for the wholesale products, the problem is this
when you log in as a wholesale account not only can you see the wholesale products but you can see all the retail products that anyone logged in or not can see.

this is very distracting for my wholesale customers

#4 11-21-2010 15:37:59

dh783
Website

Then all the retail products need to be set to be viewable only by a user account, so all your products will have to have viewable limitations, viewable by all means any user acount.

John

#5 11-21-2010 16:01:58

picstart

Hi john,
setting "all the retail products need to be set to be viewable only by a user account"

how does that work for non logged in users who products need to be visible for, i did try setting all other products to basic user but they are then required to be logged in to see them,
we cannot force our retail customers to log in before they can see any products it would lose customers,

one other question
is it possible to remove the basic users option to request upgrade to wholesale user, as all our wholesalers are set up by us after trade status verification.

#6 11-21-2010 16:03:55

Dave

picstart wrote:

is it possible to remove the basic users option to request upgrade to wholesale user, as all our wholesalers are set up by us after trade status verification.

In admin under System > Component > Settings > Wholesale and Affiliate Account Settings set "Wholesale System Status" to False.

#7 11-21-2010 16:43:33

picstart

Hi Dave,

if i disable wholesale users setting to false how do my wholesale customer accounts work?

i have temp cured this  by removing  the account upgrade info from the accountconf.php file so the basic user cannot see the upgrade info in their account area.

#8 11-21-2010 16:47:35

Dave

It should not affect any accounts that are already defined as wholesale. You may always change user accounts through admin to affiliate or wholesale without having the setting set to True.

#9 11-21-2010 16:50:56

picstart

didnt realise that the wholesale accounts could be set in admin without the wholesale setting being set, is the only purpose of that to allow basic users to apply for account upgrade then ?

#10 11-21-2010 16:57:09

Dave

I'm almost positive that the answer is yes.

#11 11-21-2010 16:58:47

picstart

just tested it , it appears so,

can you shed any light on my other problem at the start of this post?

#12 11-21-2010 17:07:16

dh783
Website

Any new customer that visits the site is automatically set to the user account of "user" you don't have to be logged in to view product that are set to "user" accounts as it is the default.

John

#13 11-21-2010 17:15:43

dh783
Website

I will have to take back my last post, it seems that setting a product visibility, even if for user, will not display to a new customer, at this point I could only think of modifying the session script to set the user flag in the cookie so that one does not have to log in to have this set.

John

#14 11-21-2010 17:23:44

picstart

i think the question may have become a little clouded , what i need to happen is simply that an wholesale account holder only sees products marked wholesale users only ,

at present they can see all products

or will what you describe cure this ?

when a product is set as wholesale only does the product set a flag or something that stops basic users from seeing it?

could this setting be tested  for and used to exclude products without this setting i.e basic user , if this is so where would this code be found ?

Last edited by picstart (11-21-2010 17:28:24)

Board footer