Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-06-2010 09:05:53

robprotronica

Checkout Process Stuck

Our checkout process is failing - sometimes.

If a new customer opts to create an account, once the account details have been entered and "Submit" clicked then in a significant proportion of cases the customer gets a "confirmation" page saying that the information has been used to update their account.

From this point there is nowhere to continue with the checkout process except by clicking "Checkout" in the main menu. If this route is followed, billing and delivery details are correctly pre filled-in, clicking "Submit" takes the customer back to the confirmation page saying their account has been updated.

We have been able to replicate this behavior but not every time, maybe 1 in 5 times we try to create an account an checkout.

Once stuck in the above behavior checkout is impossible.

Clearing all CCP cookies and starting again has so far cleared the problem.

Not sure what if anything is different on the occasions when checkout goes wrong.

Any ideas on what may be happening or how to go about troubleshooting - software doesn't tend to do "intermittent" so something must be different on the occasions that things go wrong.

Rob

#2 11-07-2010 05:39:01

robprotronica

Re: Checkout Process Stuck

Figured it out.

Most of our customers are in the UK and some are in Europe. To help with entering European addresses we had set the County/State /province fields to Required=False

This does not work !!!!

The system absolutely requires something in this field even if it is "Not Applicable".

Leaving the field blank simply causes the system to keep coming back to a data entry page - which one you get depends upon exactly which form the field is left blank in e.g gbu0.guestco keeps looping back to itself.

Have fixed the problem by setting Required=True in all the forms where County/State/Province occurs.

Next I moved "Not Applicable" to the top of the list - or rather first I had to move the sort order of all UK Counties down one.

I would still like to make the County/State/Province field not required any ideas how to do this?

Rob

#3 11-08-2010 04:16:02

Design_Wholesale
Website

I could make several suggestions and could probably make the change in my own store after several hours of modifying the code, but you really need the advice of dh783 and Dave on this one. - If you want to make a start on it yourself, though, take a look at the arrays in  and .

Alternatively, my alternate State/County/Province and Country .csv files may help you. - They can be found here:

https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=23322

...whilst my guest 'account creation' page can be viewed here:

https://www.litez.co.uk/index.php?app=g … coactive=1

...if you are interested in seeing how I handled the problem.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (11-08-2010 04:17:04)

#4 11-10-2010 05:15:22

robprotronica

Hi John,

Thanks for that  - looks very interesting and definitely a nice tidy up of the addressing.

Will have a go at implementing some thing similar.

Rob

#5 11-10-2010 12:10:42

Design_Wholesale
Website

No problem, and thanks.

Board footer