Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-02-2010 15:56:32

Sproz

splash page problem... help!

Hi,
I have done something to my splash page that has made the 2 product columns uneven widths, problem is i have no idea what!! it may have been when I updated the amazon ad or similar some time ago, but i have only recently noticed it.
Could someone please have a quick look and maybe give me an idea of what to change to correct it!! thanks

The site.
wwwkitchenfoods.co.uk

#2 09-03-2010 05:27:58

ZipSkins
Website

Re: splash page problem... help!

I would certainly suggest you have a look at the Facebook, Amazon and Google inserts in the right hand column - although they don't appear to be too wide, something is pushing the right boundary further out. On a quick look I cannot see what is causing it, but the effect can be clearly seen. If you look at the site in a wide screen, the margin to the right is narrower than that to the left, so the display is 'off-centre'.

I fear that it may take a bit of 'digging' to find the source of that problem!

Nigel

| Professional Quality Customisable Skins for your ClickCartPro Powered Site

-----------------------------
Certified Support Partner

#3 09-03-2010 05:33:46

Dave

The table columns do have a width specified so Nigel is probably on the right track. There are quite a few additional style sheets being included with the things you added and one or more of them may be causing a problem/conflict. I'd remove them one at a time to find out which one is the culprit and go from there. As it stands there are too many styles being used to try and track down which one it is.

#4 09-03-2010 05:36:34

Sproz

Thanks, I am guessing that its something to do with the inserts that I stuck on there as thats the only thing I have changed on the splash page from the stock software. I would love to know how to correct it without removing th inserts!!

#5 09-03-2010 05:37:46

Sproz

Thanks Dave

#6 09-03-2010 05:38:03

Dave

As I said, remove them one at a time until the problem is corrected. At that point you at least know which one to look at to identify and correct the problem.

#7 09-03-2010 07:38:14

ZipSkins
Website

Well, actually I was going to say that I may need to eat my words (adding that I would prefer to eat one of those chocolate eclairs!), because having looked a little further, I can see that the width is correct (i.e. not pushed out to the right) on the category and product pages - but the Facebook, etc, additions are also included on those pages. It appears that only the 'Home' and 'Store Home' pages are affected.

I checked the skin css file (all.css) and this is exactly the same as the unchanged default version that I have, so I am wondering if you have made any changes to the splash page, or to skin.php? However, as Dave says, the Facebook, etc, add-ins do have their own style sheets which may be confusing the issue, so I would certainly try commenting those items out to see if it makes a difference - one by one as he suggests.

Nigel

| Professional Quality Customisable Skins for your ClickCartPro Powered Site

-----------------------------
Certified Support Partner

#8 09-06-2010 11:48:51

Sproz

Now I've had a weekend of beer to think about it!!! I shall try removing the facebook bit as my foggy memory tells me things changed when I stuck that on!

I now have a more pressing issue!!! I cannot access the site nor the admin side of things because of and issue with the MySql database server I just get "internal server error" this is a problem of my service provider. They tell me I need to swap everything onto a new server as they have a fault with the old, however! if I transfer everything using their interface, what do I need to do on the CCP admin side of things so it points at the correct server, and more importantly, how do I do this when I cannot access the admin???!!!!!!!

Cheers

#9 09-06-2010 13:36:23

Dave

Nothing should change as a result of moving servers except the underlying server itself. Nothing else should need to be changed. I would certainly tell your provider that THEY should be moving things if it is THEIR server with the problem. You shouldn't have to deal with it.

#10 09-06-2010 14:18:43

Sproz

yes your right Dave! thought I would do it myself as waiting for their response is costing me money! I've created the new database and worked out that I need to run the installer to change the database details but trying to move the data using myphpadmin is a nightmare, just keeps timing out when trying to upload the exported file I created, anyway its wine time here in the UK so I've passed it onto my hosting provider because, as you said, its their problem!

Board footer