Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-15-2010 14:50:41

NicheDev

Extra field(s) in Create Account form

Hi folks

I'd like to add an extra field to the Create Account form, so the customer can provide some extra information which will be stored in the db with all the other fields.
Does anyone have a step-by-step guide to how this is done? I have limited php knowledge but bags of enthusiasm  :-)

Second, is there a way for Europacart to email my office when a customer creates an account? (We're trade only, and review all account applications before we grant access to the prices).

Regards
Paul

#2 04-16-2010 13:05:34

ZipSkins
Website

Re: Extra field(s) in Create Account form

Hi Paul,

the user details are held in the core_users table, while the formfields are held in core_formfields. The additional field would need to be added to both of these tables - in core_formfields, it would need to be in the section for 'createaccount'. Probably best to follow the pattern of the other fields for that particular form. I have not tried this, but I think this should be sufficient to get the extra field into the form - I don't think you need to change any PHP for this - unless anybody else corrects me!

To make the system send an email when a new account is created, you will need to change some PHP (again, not tried, so I might be wrong, but I don't think so!). The program file you will need to look at is core/Core_FrontEnd/ext/accounts.php, in particular the function createaccount_proc(). There may be other ways to achieve this, but I would suggest looking there first.

Nigel

| Professional Quality Customisable Skins for your ClickCartPro Powered Site

-----------------------------
Certified Support Partner

#3 04-16-2010 16:28:49

NicheDev

Re: Extra field(s) in Create Account form

ZipSkins wrote:

Hi Paul,

To make the system send an email when a new account is created, you will need to change some PHP (again, not tried, so I might be wrong, but I don't think so!). The program file you will need to look at is core/Core_FrontEnd/ext/accounts.php, in particular the function createaccount_proc(). There may be other ways to achieve this, but I would suggest looking there first.

Nigel

My PHP knowledge is limited. I can modify code that exists, but doing the above is beyond me at present, though I'm learning steadily.  Would it cost much for a programmer to implement?

Regards
Paul

Board footer