Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-16-2010 11:29:10

pd-design

Shopping cart - Buy three items for x amount

Hi All,

Ive got 20 items in my shopping cart all priced the same at £4.00.

What i need to happen is when i  choose any 3 of the 20 items, then the shopping basket will say £10 instead of £12.

Same applies to 6 items at £20 and so on so.

Is there anyway of doing this?

cheers
Paul

#2 03-16-2010 12:03:40

dh783
Website

Re: Shopping cart - Buy three items for x amount

A custom sale method is your best chance of getting this.

John

#3 03-16-2010 12:11:25

pd-design

Hi John,

I'll look into this. if you can help in any way that would be great.

cheers
Paul

#4 04-03-2010 04:41:58

divviwilierssh

Are you feeling guilty for eating junk food? Have you been doing crash diet lately? Did you try to do all sorts of slimming activities? Well, staying fit and healthy is not an impossible thing to achieve,.

#5 04-03-2010 15:01:05

NicheDev

Spam !

#6 04-03-2010 18:29:19

Dave

There's lot of it showing up here ... and nobody is minding the store now to eradicate it sad

#7 04-03-2010 18:50:59

NicheDev

Sign of the times I guess.
Life is changing at one hell of a rate faster than I ever experienced before.
Leave a door slightly open and a parasite will soon slime in...
Where do I zap him?

#8 04-04-2010 17:48:33

Design_Wholesale
Website

Would I be right in assuming, from Dave's comments, that there truly is no-one moderating this forum anymore? - This just goes from bad to worse.

- A pissing contest with Kryptronic over the UK version (don't know the outcome of that yet), but UK users beware because (apparently) you could end up in major trouble with Customs & Excise if you use the currently available version of Europacart due to bad coding on the VAT side of things; and then no moderators in the forum at all, now (it would seem), and virtually nobody helping anyone on the forum anymore with anything outside of Dave, dh783, sppars, zanart, myself, and a handle of others (of which only the first two are full-time, as it were).

What is the cost of buying the software actually used for? - If there are no staff (except Howard, I guess) that only leaves webhosting for the forum (which I should think will be based on unmanaged servers to keep the costs down).

Maybe it is time that Greenbarn took a long hard look at their setup and made some serious changes seeing as they are obviously struggling to keep a hold on things as they stand at the moment and, lets be honest, customer support  a joke. - I, personally, have received some excellent help on the forum but, equally, have had many occasions where my requests have been completely ignored no matter how much time and effort I have expended in trying to resolve things myself.  I also have many questions that there is no way in whatever that I can get any answers for and it should not be upto Dave or dh783 to answer these things all the time. - The answers should, at the very least, be available in articles in the wiki that are expanded on an ongoing basis as users expand and develop their sites and request further details or submit further details themselves.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (04-04-2010 17:51:49)

#9 04-04-2010 17:54:54

NicheDev

#10 04-04-2010 18:02:07

Design_Wholesale
Website

Yes, that is one of links, but there was another where Dave (I think) commented on how there was a copyright issue with Kryptronic and that there would be a revised version of Europacart with a whole load of fixes due out some time in the near future.

Personally, as things stand, I wouldn't go near Europacart until I see for definite that this contest between Europacart and CCP is well and truly laid to rest and that using the VAT system in the Europacart software is  going to potentially get me prosecuted should I need to use it (thankfully I do not need to be VAT registered at the moment; although I have been in the past and can confirm that the paperwork is an absolute nightmare).

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (04-04-2010 18:03:00)

#11 04-04-2010 18:48:56

NicheDev

We're already VAT registered and that's bad enough (!).
Europacart is NOT ready for the Uk market.
Nice software, very flexible, but it doesn't comply with the UK laws re VAT, and its users face issues with the VAT man. He's not very understanding. It's Black or White with him. NO grey areas. NONE.

Please, Nick , we UK users need some fixes if we are to avoid prosecution by HMRC for flouting the UK VAT laws.

>>>some time in the near future

is just not good enough.

Paul

#12 04-04-2010 19:32:29

Dave

Design_Wholesale wrote:

Would I be right in assuming, from Dave's comments, that there truly is no-one moderating this forum anymore?

Certainly nobody from Kryptronic on a regular basis.

Last edited by Dave (04-04-2010 19:37:44)

#13 04-04-2010 19:35:53

Dave

Design_Wholesale wrote:

Yes, that is one of links, but there was another where Dave (I think) commented on how there was a copyright issue with Kryptronic and that there would be a revised version of Europacart with a whole load of fixes due out some time in the near future.

I'm quite sure it wasn't from me. Nick hinted at an update to 7.1 at the end of January I believe it was.

#14 04-04-2010 23:22:30

Design_Wholesale
Website

It probably was Nick, then with the update information, ...but who controls the forum, then? - I always thought that you were a moderator for the forum ...or Howard, maybe?

I guess that this must be the end of the forum, too. - If no-one is moderating it, it is only going to be a matter of time before the site gets completely overun with spam posters and/or compromised (especially if it is not being updated, either).

Maybe we need a team effort on retaking the forum? smile ...or a new (moderated) forum smile ?

#15 04-05-2010 05:16:35

Dave

This is, and always has been, Nick's baby. I was an admin for a while but haven't been for a few months now. There's little chance of it being compromised.

#16 04-05-2010 16:11:06

Design_Wholesale
Website

That's all well and good... but if nobody is minding the forum (take for example the recent spam posters, whose posts should have been removed along with their accounts) who is going to know what is going on in the backend of the forum or whether the latest (inevitable) security flaw has been fixed or not?

Not to mention does Nick always use the HTTPS login process? - I'm betting the answer is probably not. - So not only is no-one keeping an eye on things, but Nick would likely have no idea that forum had been compromised until several important announcements had caused a load of users to download a malicious payload to update their cart, until several coding projects had been tampered with, and until the forum inexplicably goes offline (conveniently 'loosing' the relevant syslog files at the same time). - It certainly is not just Hollywood or Disney, as many people would like to think smile .

Board footer