Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-09-2010 12:39:34

jonasaedin
Website

1p added to price... why?

We have some random products getting 1p added to the display price. For example http://www.contextinteriors.co.uk/ecom- … 40570.html which has a price of £ 795 shows up as £ 795.01

I checked the database and there seems to be nothing wrong at all..

Where does that penny come from?

#2 03-09-2010 13:50:20

zanart

Re: 1p added to price... why?

It is probably because the software deducts the VAT and then adds it on again before displaying the price.
I think there has been alot of discussion about this problem on the forums - a quick search should reveal the threads, but I don't think there is a solution.

Last edited by zanart (03-09-2010 13:50:46)

Rob

#3 03-10-2010 07:49:47

jonasaedin
Website

Re: 1p added to price... why?

Thanks... had another search with some VAT specific search criteria and found this answer from Kryptonic:

Our system is set up to use pre-tax amounts for all calculations.  If you enter your product and option prices inclusive of VAT, the system first backs the VAT out when it loads the items, then adds VAT back in for displays.  In some instances, due to rounding, your post-VAT amount may potentially be a decimal point off of your original entry.  Doing it this way provides us with powerful VAT computations that would otherwise not be possible.  It is optimal for you to enter your prices exclusive of VAT..

I did find a workaround though:

Make sure the 'Apply State and Province Tax' is set to  ‘tax exempt’ and ALSO set ‘Apply Country Tax’ to ‘Tax exempt’, this forces the software to completely disregard tax as far as I can see

... and the penny drops :-)

Will this procedure give us any other problems?

Board footer