Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-15-2010 09:45:44

anbar

How do you setup ROyal Mail shipping?

the UK version of CCP6 supposedly comes with

Royal Mail & Parcel Force Delivery

The user define delivery functionality comes with the Royal Mail and Parcel Force tables and it allows you to add your own service based on the following:

* By destination country allow all, only related countries and all except related countries.
    * By destination postcode allow all, only related postcodes and all except related postcodes
    * Define if prices include or exclude Vat
    * Allows for you to charge an extra amount per weight increment over a weight limit
    * Allows for you to define a maximum weight for a service
    * Allows you to calculate the volume metric weight
    * Allows you to add delivery price bands based on any combination of volume, weight and price

However there is no documentation anywhere that says where this is or how to use it.

I've checked the hybridcore and admin interface and there are no RM charts/tables that I cna find. Nor any description or mention of Royal Mail...

Is there anybody who knows where to get this information, the RM tables and how to set up shipping via RM....

(I know this should really be asked and answered in the UK CCP forums, but I'd rather get an answer to the problem, rather than an excuse.)

#2 01-15-2010 11:25:35

Dave

Re: How do you setup ROyal Mail shipping?

The downloads, available , contain the documentation I believe.

#3 10-25-2010 22:57:55

HappyHammer

I thought based on the fact the website says Royal Mail was a supported shipping method meant that there was an API of some description. It seems that you have to build it yourself once you have purchased the software is this correct?

If yes does anyone know why the Royal Mail doesn't provide an API for shopping carts?

HH.

Always look on the bright side......

#4 10-26-2010 05:23:10

RobH

Hi. I gave up trying to get the Royal Mail shipping option to work and wrote my own code, it's not really that difficult if you look at the example codes, mostly copying and pasting, remember to take a backup though and test after each change, the tiniest mistake will prevent the script from running. You also have full control of costs and services to use etc if you do it yourself.
Cheers
H

#5 10-26-2010 05:39:21

Dave

HappyHammer wrote:

If yes does anyone know why the Royal Mail doesn't provide an API for shopping carts?

We'd have to work for Royal Mail to be able to answer that question so I doubt you will get an answer.

#6 10-26-2010 17:07:53

HappyHammer

Dave wrote:

HappyHammer wrote:

We'd have to work for Royal Mail to be able to answer that question so I doubt you will get an answer.

I thought they might have tried and failed or issued a statement in the past that someone might be aware of. Other postal services have this facility they're obviously a bit behind the times.

I think it's a bit rich to claim Royal Mail postage calculation as a feature in this product when you have to manipulate a script to make it work. Other software gives you the parameters in a screen rather than a script, it's a bit messy.

HH.

Always look on the bright side......

#7 10-26-2010 17:18:56

Design_Wholesale
Website

You don't need to manipulate a script to get the Royal Mail postage to work. - Just download the .csv files from the CCP site and then import them into the software database.

All you should have to do then is ensure that you select  under  when putting a listing together or when modifying an existing product to use the Royal Mail shipping methods. - This can also be done through MySQL statements to save messing around with individual product listing pages.

Board footer