Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-14-2010 17:08:07

jonasaedin
Website

SEO help needed .. will pay

I have buildt a ecommerce website for my Client and just about to change from the CCP6 to the EC7 cart.

My client has also requested some help with regards to SEO - I will turn on the EC7 buildt in cart as well as purchase the HDSEO xmod, but as this is only one side of the story and since im am not an expert on using Adwords, Goal Conversions etc. we are looking to hire someone to help with that side of things.

My client has been quoted a price of £1500 for an SEO guy to do an initial optimisation for our site (excluding Adwords expenses) - I think that is very expensive considering there is no guarantee for more sales. I am also afraid he is going to demand big changes to the website, even beyond EC7's capabilities.

Please get in touch if you are interested in helping - for a fee off course - and I will suggest this to my client. It is probably best if you are UK based and a EC7 (or CCP6) user.

#2 01-23-2010 07:28:52

jonasaedin
Website

Re: SEO help needed .. will pay

I definately intend on adding the HDSEO as soon as I have moved over to the new site. SItemap is also a possibility.

My client did do a simple campaign with adwords before christmas and it seemed to doible the traffic to the site and thereby also the number of transactions. However there are still certain categories of my clients products that should show up on google serches and doesn't. The SEO guy says he can do sort that using adwords campaigns.

Besides HDSEO and Sitemap Xmods are there any other tools that we should consider? free ones?

#3 01-23-2010 12:18:41

crasher999999

Re: SEO help needed .. will pay

Get an XML sitemap as soon as possible, set your client up a Google webmaster account, verify the site with Google (involves either uploading an HTML file to the site of putting a meta tag in the home page), then upload the sitemap.

Alot depends on the keywords or phrases your client is looking for, if there looking for 1st page for 'music downloads', £1500 is cheap! If there looking for 1st page for 'blue & green widget in Romford, Essex' or some non competitive keyword, that should be easy for you or your client to do (& £1500 is very expensive!).

Any SEO work should be ongoing, based on work over a period of months or years, be wary of any company that charges the fee up front.......................

If your client is going for a not massively competitive key word or phrase:
-Make sure your page titles include the key phrase, don't use your domain name in the title
-Use heading tags (H1, H2, H3) that contain the keywords in the page
-Make sure your meta keywords & description tags are accurate & contain your keywords (but, avoid keyword stuffing). Search engines don't really use the meta keywords & description, but it's good practice to make them good.
-Use your keywords & phrases in anchor (link) text, body text, bold text & image alt tags (all of which are important for SEO).
-MAKE SURE THE PAGE READS RIGHT FOR HUMAN VISITORS, ALWAYS OPTIMISE A PAGE FOR HUMANS NOT SEARCH ENGINES! -Just had to say this as I see many pages that have been 'optimised', but when you read them it looks like jibberish!
-Although you should use your key phrases in all of the above, avoid over using them as this looks like keyword stuffing to a search engine.
-Get quality backlinks (preferably 1 way) to the site & pages that contain the key phrases. Avoid mass link farms & the 'click here to submit to 10,000 search engine' type links & sites.
-Try & avoid anchor links that say things like 'click here' etc
-Regularly update the content on the site, search engines like new stuff to read & will visit a site that is updated regularly more often.
-Not majorly important at the moment, but try & get the site as HTML valid as possible (I reckon this will influence SE's in the future!)

The above is very basic SEO, if your not sure about the keyword densities etc, you can use either 'Website Auditor' for Mac, or WEB CEO for windows. I have heard that Web CEO is good, but I haven't used it, Website Auditor is good if your starting out as it gives a good insight to on page optimisation.

If you need help, Google 'UK business forum' & go to the 'SEO section' of the site at the top, lots of good info & helpful folk on there.

Other good forums are this one!, webmasterworld, V7N & Digitalpoint, but there's loads out there (the ones I've mentioned are one's I've used).

Please remember though, there are NO guarantees in SEO, although any decent company should stand by their work & offer to do more work or refund if your client doesn't get the results.
Pricing will vary hugely depending on the work required & how competitive the key words are.

PPC, in the right hands, can make huge ££ for the client, but, it seems to suit some industries better than others & if you don't know what your doing or go for the wrong (non converting) keyphrases, it can be a money pit! Look for a PPC management company that other web designers or SEO's recommend & pass their details on to your client.

Before you commit any money to a company for SEO, ask for references or work they've done before. Also Google the company name followed by the word complaints &/or forum to see what people say about them (there's LOADS of c*ap, shyster SEO companies out there!)

All depends on your clients budget, if they think £1500 is too much, they may want to have a read on the forums & start doing the basics them selves (at the end of the day, it's not about the cost of the SEO, it's how much your client will make if it's done correctly!)....................................

Hope this helps!

Board footer