Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-30-2009 09:47:46

dansmith490
Website

Drop Down Search Terms

is it possible to have drop down search fields on catergory pages?

My client's website is for motorcycle parts, he wants the user to be able to select Motorcycle manufacturer, and select the model number of that part, from a drop down box.

is this possible?

#2 11-30-2009 15:31:37

Tanushiheadbash

Re: Drop Down Search Terms

When you say drop down search- you mean a multi level search function where for example you select something in a top level drop down - say bike maker, Yamaha, Honda, Ducati etc, and this then allows the next level to be populated (via a dynamic call to the database without a page refresh) , say YZF R1, YZF R6 (for Yamaha) or Fireblade, Lead Wing, (for Honda) etc etc

The short answer is yes but you need to build it for your site- I have just done this very thing for a client- its built into a skin. Its not a feature of ECP/CCP.
There are many ways to skin a cat- but I did it with an AJAX library.

It relies very heavily on your category and product data being well structured- ie you need it to be formatted in such a way that the queries used to pull the data from your database can isolate out the relevant sections.

Kenny

#3 11-30-2009 15:42:21

dh783
Website

Re: Drop Down Search Terms

This is not a search mod but it will build menus so that a customer can drill down to the category or part they are looking for, it is a dynamic fly out menu mod for ccp located .

John

Last edited by dh783 (11-30-2009 15:43:56)

Board footer