Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-28-2009 12:55:24

Tanushiheadbash

HDSEO update tool

As promised elsewhere I have created a tool to allow fast creation and updating of links using the HDSEO Xmod. It works fine on my clients site and takes a matter of seconds to do, I cannot promise the same for your particular configuration, but I make it available to the users here none the less.
Hopefully I have packaged it all correctly!
Use at your own risk- no warranty or liabilitiy for issues arising is accepted. I hope you find it of use.
http://www.halleynet.co.uk/wordpress/
Kenny

#2 11-28-2009 14:06:54

Design_Wholesale
Website

Re: HDSEO update tool

I really like the look of that - nice one! - when CCP stop spamming me with upgrade offers to their Europacart 7.0 and try sending me the actual upgrade instead smile I will definitely be having a play around with your update tool.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (11-29-2009 14:41:52)

#3 11-28-2009 15:56:03

Tanushiheadbash

Good idea never thought to do that- I can probably add a pdf to the archive with instructions- the basics are actually in  a text file in the archive anyway- though the site won't be going anywhere unless I get hit by a bus or something!
Kenny
Edit: I have added a pdf which is a lift from the blog post into  the zip archive
Further Edit: Noticed a very minor omission in the code that picks up illegal characters from product and category names, so you might want to be sure you have the ever so slightly different updated version 1.5.1

Last edited by Tanushiheadbash (11-28-2009 16:27:50)

#4 11-29-2009 13:29:56

Design_Wholesale
Website

Fair enough - I will grab that now, and if you want me to drop my .pdf download just say. - I have no worries about the bandwidth usage... unless you are anticipating about 1,000,000 or so downloads smile

#5 11-29-2009 14:20:29

Tanushiheadbash

Think thats a bit optimistic!
Its up to you (I am not bothered personally) - but its probably as well being self contained in the one zip file in case I have to change or update stuff. As I say it works perfectly on my clients site thats no guarantee it will work for everyone- though having said that adjusting the output is a relatively easy affair for anyone with a modicum of php ability, as its easy. (or even a keen beginner!) Your not committed to using the output until you are happy with what it does- it merely provides a means to make the changes quickly- assuming you are happy with your product /category names being your HDSEO links.
cheers
Kenny

#6 11-29-2009 14:43:52

Design_Wholesale
Website

I have removed my download link seeing as you have now incorporated a .pdf file in your download - no point in confusing people (although this post might read a bit funny now!) smile

I am sure that it will work OK with my store, though, once I go for Europacart 7.0. - I usually try to leave the core code alone and do things through the backend configurations if possible.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (11-29-2009 14:46:05)

#7 11-29-2009 17:34:52

Tanushiheadbash

This tool does not touch ECP/CCP code at all- its entirely independent. I did my development on a machine that does not even have CCP on it- just a copy of the database.
Hope that helps
Kenny

#8 12-05-2009 09:06:32

forefront

Good idea, buggy code.

1.5 fails to declare the variable $mysqli correctly

At line 76 your script has:

Code:

$mysqli = new mysqli( $hostname, $username, $password, $database);

This should be:

Code:

$mysqli = ‘new mysqli( $hostname, $username, $password, $database)’;

Also on running the script:

Code:

Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home/usr/public_html/htdocs/tools/htaccessory.php on line 171

has anyone other than the author run this script with success?

#9 12-05-2009 10:14:04

Dave

The line you changed is simply not valid and will not work. Especially with back ticks around it.

#10 12-05-2009 11:00:45

Tanushiheadbash

If you put the quotes round the new class declaration it will break it and then the second error you reported is the result- no class object exists. I don't beleive there is a bug- unless the php manual is incorrect.
I have updated my version but its not to correct this- I just forgot to remove a line of text that appears in the interface form that was there for when I was running the script without a front end. Functionally its the same.
It requires php 5.2 to run but it says this in the header of the script.
interested to hear if anyone else has issues- I have installed it about three times independently and it works in all my cases.

#11 12-05-2009 12:42:41

Design_Wholesale
Website

Don't let the errors get you down. - Bugs or no bugs, it's good to see contributions like yours for CCP. - I haven't contributed anything like your HDSEO tool, yet, - just a (drastically) revised list for stateprov and country to put England, Northern Ireland, Eire, Wales, and the Channel Islands more firmly on the CCP map.

I hope that you will continue to support your tool, improving it when and where necessary, and look forward to seeing more contributions from you.

#12 12-05-2009 13:09:42

Tanushiheadbash

Thanks mate ;-)
Hope you find it useful.
Just to clarify just re read Daves reply to forefront earlier- in case I am misreading or misunderstanding his response.

Dave wrote:

The line you changed is simply not valid and will not work. Especially with back ticks around it.

The new instance of mysqli that I have used in my script is as far as I am aware valid. it uses the inbuilt mysqli class in php 5. You don't need to write a class to use it simply declare the new instance.
Therefore as far as I am aware what I have used in my tool is perfectly valid. (its the exact same syntax as used in examples in the php5 manual)
Putting quotes (of any kind) around this- will break it. Hence the second error forefront saw- it breaks the code trying to use the query object in the mysqli class, which is broken by the quotes.
Why forefront gets his original error I can only speculate is because his php is a version not compatible with mysqli as a class. It could be made to work with older versions of php but to be honest anyone running php4 should seriously be looking at upgrading to php5 for the security and future support benefits in my opinion. So I personally won't be changin git unless there is a groudswell of requests! (not exactly been swamped so far- surprising how many people seem to have issues with HDSEO) 

The HDSEO tool does not and in no way, integrates with, ECP/CCP7 its completely stand alone and connects to the database via the inbuilt class and the database parameters you need to provide into the header of the script.
So to say what I have written would not work in CCP/ECP7 is correct, but in a standalone mode as its meant to be- its fine as far as I can see unless both the php manual is wrong and the books I am sitting here with are wrong too.

#13 12-05-2009 15:08:53

Design_Wholesale
Website

Don't forget that MySQL Improved is an installer option, so if someone did not (or could not) select MySQL Improved during the install of their CCP 6, they may run into issues trying to use your script.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (12-05-2009 15:09:20)

#14 12-05-2009 15:11:41

Dave

Tanushiheadbash wrote:

Dave wrote:

The new instance of mysqli that I have used in my script is as far as I am aware valid.

My response was to the post by forefront who had put back ticks around the entire line. Not in reference to anything you posted.

#15 12-05-2009 15:51:02

forefront

Design_Wholesale wrote:

Don't forget that MySQL Improved is an installer option, so if someone did not (or could not) select MySQL Improved during the install of their CCP 6, they may run into issues trying to use your script.

The error is with the script, we're not even connecting to MySQL yet

#16 12-05-2009 16:04:21

forefront

PEBKAC.

No wonder this script didn't work. The client's server does not include the required mysqli PHP extension.

The script states it requires 5.2 minimum - may I suggest you also state that the mysqli PHP extension must also be loaded.

Thanks! :-)

#17 12-06-2009 12:41:20

Tanushiheadbash

Ok fair point- I forgot mysqli wasn't loaded by default in php5 so will state the need for it to be loaded, however having said that, if you are on a server running php5, there can't be many that don't run mysqli over mysql with the improvements it brings. Indeed its an option I would have thought most savvy users would use when setting up their eshop with CCP/ECP in the first place.

Having said that if there is enough demand I can look at making it b/w compatible with older versions of php/mysql. Ironically when I forst wrote it I just made it up with bits of code I had already which wewre inthe main using mysql not mysqli! It was only when I sat down to embellish it that I decided to use mysqli via the OO method.

Having said that :-) - in order to use it you need not even run it on the server where the shop is!
If you have your  cat and prod data on a test server/local server/PC with WAMP in a test database, you can generate the output just the same, the only caveat being you may not be able to use the auto database update feature- you will need to dump the code in directly via phpmyadmin or whatever interface you run to your database, the htaccess part is exactly the same.

#18 12-06-2009 13:51:46

Design_Wholesale
Website

If you are installing PHP on a server with MySQLi support you will need to use the --with-mysqli switch, but check when running ./configure that MySQL is being correctly detected first, or the PHP install process will likely fail during make.  It is probable that you will have real problems trying to install the MySQLi embedded server (with PHP 5.3 the switch --with-mysqli=mysqlnd takes care of all aspects of PHP support for MySQLi); however, this is, fortunately, not required in order to install or run CCP or Europacart, and so should not be a problem when using just the --with-mysqli switch during the ./configure process.

Also, CCP (6 and 7), including Europacart, will not install or run with PHP 5.3 or above.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (12-06-2009 13:56:23)

#19 12-07-2009 09:26:46

mysoftware
Website

Hi

Strange some of our URLs are not being converted properly, eg. http://www.smudged.co.uk/ecom-prodnew/COREseo.html is our New Products page but does not convert via the generated script?

Any ideas please?

Visit wwwMy-Software.co.uk - World Leaders in Personalised Gift Making Software

#20 12-07-2009 14:58:06

Tanushiheadbash

Hi
The script is not designed to rewrite every possible url that can be delivered by the site only the ones that are quick wins if you like, so it only looks in three places
ecom_cart
ecom_prod and
ecom_storemenu
The url you have there is /ecom-prodnew/COREseo
Thats not one of the target urls that comes from those tables. So it won't be rewritten via the script. However in the form there is a section to add any custom lines you want to your .htaccess file so you can add them while generating the htaccess file or indeed if you are happy inthe script file ther eis a placeholder variable to allow you to hard code any urls in that would be done by way of a custom line in htaccess. It can't do your database data however so you will need to add these manually.
The script was never designed to  cover all possibilities, just take the back breaking chore out of all your products and categories- which are likely to be pages you want Google et all to be able to read.
Indeed it slikely the generate doutput won't be always what you want for a particular item- it merely concatenates with a default space character whatever you described the item as in the database which might not always be what you want.
Are you finding the script otherwise acceptable?

Kenny

#21 12-07-2009 15:01:37

mysoftware
Website

The script is great thanks, great work smile

#22 12-11-2009 19:23:52

Tanushiheadbash

I found a small but significant error tonight in the htaccessory.php file which would create incorrect .htaccess output. I can't see how the error was introduced as it used to be OK but it definitely wasn't today. I have uploaded a corrected package to my website. The error was where the second line of each rewritten url was missing the space out between the old url and the new one on each item just after the $ character. Apologies if this affected any users.

#23 12-12-2009 05:29:54

mysoftware
Website

Ah yes we spotted this also, but thought it maybe down to the Apache version if it worked or not.

Sorry we didn't report it

#24 02-15-2010 01:06:18

jonasaedin
Website

I am trying to run the HDSEO Mod utility script version: 1.5.3

I am gettin the same 'Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home/usr/public_html/htdocs/tools/htaccessory.php' error ... always on lines with the mysqli function, does this mean mysqli is not enabled on my server? or could it be something else?

Running PHP Version 5.2.12 / mysqli support: 5.0.77

Really quite keen to use the tool!

#25 02-15-2010 17:45:24

Design_Wholesale
Website

Your server? - It looks as though you are using shared hosting.

If you are using shared hosting that could explain the problem you are having, as your setup may not be configured to allow you access to mysqli functionality by default, assuming it is there as you have indicated in your post.

Have you asked your webhost or server admin about this?

Board footer