Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-26-2009 03:32:12

Dart_Frogger

installation woes and errors

after having to uninstall everything once already, I thought I had finished, got through all the screens only to get this when I tried to access the admin program:

An error occurred during a connection to "mywebsite".com.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Is this another "I have to delete everything and start from scratch" issue?

#2 11-28-2009 22:14:08

Dart_Frogger

Re: installation woes and errors

Apparently this is an unresolvable issue. I see this has gotten a lot of page views, but not a single response.

I tried a google search on the error in question, and responses were all over the board. There were more so called fixes than there are grandma's cures for the common cold. 

I'm not sure where to go with this one then. I installed CCP once, but accidentally installed it in a sub directory, so my page would not come up if you typed the domain name into your browser. You had to follow it up with /install/whatever/index.php. Not easy for customers to find.

The admin.php DID work when I had it installed like that. In fact I poked around in it wanting to see what was new. After I was satisfied with looking around, I deleted it all and started again, this time installing it in the correct location. Now the homepage comes up just fine, like it is supposed to. 

admin.php comes up, asks for login info, then when entered, replies with the error. I figure since it installed fine the first time and worked, it's not a browser issue (tried Firefox and IE) and likewise it's not a server issue as it did work once.

I guess it's try again and just hope it works.

#3 11-29-2009 05:19:28

Tanushiheadbash

If you move your installation from say wwwmydomain.com/shop into the root, so wwwmydomain.com, youdon't really need to do a full reinstall- especially if you already have a running database with info in it.
You can rerun the installation file and update the config, making sure your paths are all updated to match the new location.
It should be OK like this.
Re ssl there are some ssl specific settings inthe installation file, I think from memory you can tell it not to use ssl for admin if you are having issues with this, just to get you working then you can go back and address these issues later. Uusally its  apath set up problem or cookie domain issue. (certainly the issues I have seen in my own case were- just had not updated the info properly)
dunnno if this helps
Kenny

#4 11-29-2009 06:47:37

Dave

Tanushiheadbash wrote:

Re ssl there are some ssl specific settings inthe installation file, I think from memory you can tell it not to use ssl for admin if you are having issues with this

That isn't the case. Admin will always try to use the SSL URL that is specified when running installer.php.  What you CAN do is use the http URL for the secure URL which will make everything operate without using SSL.

#5 11-29-2009 14:08:23

Dart_Frogger

I did see one comment when I was googling the subject and it suggested trying to enter

https:www.mydomain.com:443 or something like that to see if port 443 was open for SSL.

When I typed it with HTTP, it opened my homepage. when I typed it with HTTPS, it also provided that same failure message.

If that means anything.

I already deleted the installation and was going to try again tomorrow. I don't know enough about how all this stuff goes together to muddle around moving things or running install scripts again and just changing the areas one needs to change.  I felt lucky just being able to get through the 13 steps without a problem    smile

I was hoping I could get to a point that worked, like my first install did, but in the proper directories.

I'll post an update after I try again.

#6 11-29-2009 14:23:14

Tanushiheadbash

Dave wrote:

Tanushiheadbash wrote:

Re ssl there are some ssl specific settings inthe installation file, I think from memory you can tell it not to use ssl for admin if you are having issues with this

That isn't the case. Admin will always try to use the SSL URL that is specified when running installer.php.  What you CAN do is use the http URL for the secure URL which will make everything operate without using SSL.

Badly worded on my part but basically what I meant

Kenny

Board footer