Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-06-2009 09:30:56

libcat

Trying to incorporate spry menu bar into store

Hi

I'm trying to add a spry menu bar into ccp environment.

I've incorporated the spry css into all.css, and I've added js script reference into skin.php but neither the css or js seem to be picked up.

The spry I want use you can see on the main site at imagingessence.co.uk  and ecomm  site is  at /store - you will see the problem in the div #skin_menu_head

Is there  a specific folder the js should sit? Currently I've put it in a SpryAssets folder in the skin root directory.

Am I missing something obvious?  Any help gratefully received!

Thanks

Debbie

#2 11-06-2009 10:35:42

dh783
Website

Re: Trying to incorporate spry menu bar into store

Did you insert code into the header to pull the js file?

John

#3 11-06-2009 11:02:56

libcat

I did and pointed it to the relevant directory:

<head>
<script src="skins/imagingessence/SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

was wondering if there would be an issue by the fact I'd put it in a "SpryAssets" sub folder?

#4 11-08-2009 12:48:38

Tanushiheadbash

If you plan on doing this- I have done a lot of Spry in the site I am currently working on for ease of management- I have set all my css and includes to work from a single directory under root rather than from within the skins themselves. it all works perfectly and makes file management a lot easier- especially css.
So for example I have this in the top of my skin.php:
<script src="/includes/xpath.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/includes/SpryData.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/includes/SpryValidationSelect.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/includes/SpryEffects.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Similarly my css file paths all are referenced from root.

The only thing that has so far caused me issues is if you decide to externalize your spry code into separate files for validation purposes.
Its fine in browsers like firefox or Opera but breaks in internet explorer (all versions)  I am currently chasing this on the adobe forums where my issue has now been replicated. external javascript in i.e is not a new issue though so I suspect I might have to leave this option.
HTH
Kenny

Board footer