Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-13-2009 12:33:38

Tanushiheadbash

Upgrade to EC7 from CCP6(GB) : Clarification

Hi Just about to upgrade a CCP to EC7 installation
The shop is not currently live so I 'could' do a clean install however we do have a quantity of data in the existing database which would be nice to take over without needing to re enter- my pref is to use the  importer to move data that canbe moved.
I also have a few fairly modified skins I need to keep.
1) the site is currently installed in the web root and in an above root directory for the private data:
Question: I should install v7 in a new directory - so for me it will be something like /ECP I take it the private files are to be installed in a fresh directory not the exisiting private directory also ?

2)It states in the docs that while the existing database can be used a fresh one is preferred. This is no problem,
Question: I take it from this that the importer tool will copy from one distinct database to another?

3) Assuming the importer does copy between different databases. Question: Would I be easier then just erasing my install in the root and private directories and starting afresh but using the importer tool with the database and then copying my skin files back in? Or does it (the importer) look to detect the old installation?

4) If I do install EC7 to a new directory- say /ECP at some point I want it all back in the root once I am satisfied its all OK,  is it just a simple matter of moving the files over- or is there more to it than this wrt paths etc?

Thanks
K

#2 10-13-2009 12:35:14

Dave

Re: Upgrade to EC7 from CCP6(GB) : Clarification

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. The importer relies on information in the previous installation so do not erase it.

4. Yes and running the installer to correct the URL and physical server paths

#3 10-13-2009 12:43:54

Tanushiheadbash

Cool.
Thanks for that... here goes then.........
smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast- woof!
;-)

#4 10-13-2009 14:07:55

Tanushiheadbash

Oh dear
Any idea why I am getting this error on stage 5
I am installing in /ecp on the same domain as the existing package- I have double checked my licence key is correct and the data put in at earlier stages is correct also: Have I missed something?

"The central server did not approve the request submitted. The server replied with this message: An error was encountered: The application URL used to submit this request does not match the application URL on record for the license key submitted. The application URL on record appears to be currently active. Please contact Kryptronic at kryptronic.com to resolve this issue."

#5 10-13-2009 14:18:36

Tanushiheadbash

duh! I see the problem after reading another post
All the way through the confirmation mail for the new update it mentions the old licence key, so I thought we carrie don with it, however right at the very bottom I notice ther eis a new key.
my bad!

K

#6 10-13-2009 15:33:50

Tanushiheadbash

Well that went not too badly
All up and running again, though the mods I made to some of the xhtml includes(as I expected)  are gone so I need to locate the new code and patch the bits I had tweaked (mainly to give more css control)
I do notice none of the xmods purchased by my client seem to be there namely:
- High Def SEO
- Sitemap Creator
- Custom Gift Vouchers
- Follow Up

Having run the installer twice now- once for the core install then again when I moved things back into root, this has not been picked up. I thought this stuff should be picked up automagically when the installer grabbed the files against the licence?

A very joomla/mambo like backend interface I see- just got my head round ccp6- now start again!

cheers

K

Last edited by Tanushiheadbash (10-13-2009 15:34:01)

#7 10-13-2009 15:39:24

Dave

Did you order the XMODs for version 7?  If you did are you sure you used the correct license key (especially in light of what you ran into and mentioned in post 5)?

#8 10-13-2009 16:25:39

Tanushiheadbash

I never personally purchased anything- my client did all that- so it could be that you are correct perhaps he has ordered the wrong mods? I beleive he spoke to a guy there called Jeff, who arranged the mods for him?
Reading the order confirmation mail it looks right to me:
See below- I have xxx'd out the identifying data
Items

ClickCartPro 7 and EuropaCart 7 Extension Modules (XMODs)

Software License Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Extension Modules (XMODs): XMOD HDSEO: High Definition SEO, XMOD SiteMap: XML Sitemap Creator, XMOD AutoGC: Auto Gift Certificates, XMOD FollowUp: Auto Order FollowUp

Quantity: 1

Subtotal: $xxx.xx

Please run your Kryptronic Software Installer to install the XMODs you've purchased. Please check your Management Interface for Kryptronic Server News articles regarding updates you may need to apply when running your installer. Central Server Report: Updated software license key xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Details:

EuropaCart 7 Upgrade

Professional Installation and Upgrade Service: No thanks, I'll install the software; Software License Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Upgrade Type: ClickCartPro 6.0 License

The following digital download access information is available for this item:

File 1 of 1 ........................................................................

Username: xxxxxx

Password: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Quantity: 1

Subtotal: $xx.xx

Board footer