Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#51 11-05-2009 13:21:38

Dave

Re: Google Checkout Set Up Steps

meshugy wrote:

Also, any news on making the changes to allow international google checkout orders?

If/when Google Checkout supports international addresses CCP will too. There shouldn't be any changes required.

#52 11-05-2009 14:42:59

meshugy

Thanks Dave....I thought Google was accepting international orders:

http://checkout.google.com/support/sell … ailability

"Buyers from many other countries outside the United States and United Kingdom can also sign up for the service and make purchases through Google Checkout. While their purchases will always be processed in the currency matched to your address (U.S. dollars for U.S. merchants or Pounds Sterling for U.K. merchants), buyers' credit cards will usually provide seamless currency conversion. Check the Location drop-down menu on the sign-up page to see if Google Checkout is available in your buyer's location."

So why can't international orders be processed? We always get an error...according to Google it should work.

Also, can you please look into the the second address line problem? That is going to cause a lot of problems with shipping. Do you know why it's dropping the second line?

-Michael

#53 11-05-2009 15:01:37

Dave

Nick has put the additional address line on his list already.

#54 11-05-2009 16:23:11

Dave

meshugy wrote:

So why can't international orders be processed?

There's nothing that should be preventing it from working but CCP has no control over what countries Google displays as available for accounts. Do you have a specific set of circumstances/steps to reproduce the problem?

#55 11-07-2009 22:09:35

meshugy

Dave wrote:

[. Do you have a specific set of circumstances/steps to reproduce the problem?

The steps are simple....an international customer tries to use google checkout and then gets a message saying that it's not a valid option for international customers. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Also google (or the CCP7 integration) is changing the state field of the delivery address to "Washington" which is were I'm located. So the delivery address always shows the state as Washington even if it's an out of state order. The Billing address shows the correct state.Any idea why this could be happening?

One last bug is that every time someone orders via google checkout CCP7 generates four identical confirmation emails. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

-Michael

Last edited by meshugy (11-07-2009 22:38:15)

#56 11-11-2009 12:01:41

meshugy

Hi Dave...I'm still trying to figure out why I am having these two problems with google checkout:

1) The CCP7 google checkout integration is changing the state field of the delivery address to "Washington" which is were I'm located for every order, even ones out of state.

2) Every time someone orders via google checkout CCP7 generates four identical confirmation emails

Any ideas how to fix these issues?

#57 11-14-2009 12:19:01

meshugy

Hi,

Have you dropped support for Google Checkout? It still doesn't work properly I've my posts seemd to be ignored.

In addition to the two issues above I still can't get it to accept international orders. Google says ClickCart needs to have the integration set properly to take international orders and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any chance these issues will be resolved? As it stands Google Checkout isn't really working for CCP7 which is a shame.

Thanks,

-Michael

#58 11-14-2009 12:34:48

meshugy

Here's a clue how to fix the problem with shipping internationally:

https://checkout.google.com/support/sel … swer=77797

I just don't know how to modify the cart to allow for international shipping.

#59 11-14-2009 12:48:11

meshugy

One other thing I noticed is the the Google Checkout Integration console is giving this error over and over again:

<i>We tried to decode your message as UTF-8 but couldn't -- it didn't map correctly.</i>

#60 11-14-2009 14:24:00

vbsaltydog
Website

meshugy wrote:

One other thing I noticed is the the Google Checkout Integration console is giving this error over and over again:

<i>We tried to decode your message as UTF-8 but couldn't -- it didn't map correctly.</i>

Do you have Non UTF-8 characters in the product names or product options that are being sent to Google Checkout as part of the order?

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#61 11-14-2009 14:27:06

meshugy

vbsaltydog wrote:

Do you have Non UTF-8 characters in the product names or product options that are being sent to Google Checkout as part of the order?

Yes, I do. (as you know!)

Although it doesn't seem to be causing any fatal errors so I guess it's not too much of a problem. I can process domestic orders without any problems (other then all the delivery address being changed to the state of WA!).

What I really  need to figure out is how to get international shipping working....it still seems that the CCP7 is lacking the ability to do this.

#62 11-19-2009 12:29:14

meshugy

I'm still waiting to find out how to get international shipping working with Google Checkout...has anyone figured this out yet?

#63 11-24-2009 12:30:12

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We are adding the following code in a pending update:

Code:

$gcoxml .= '<shipping-restrictions>' . $eol;
$gcoxml .= '<allowed-areas>' . $eol;
$gcoxml .= '<world-area />' . $eol;
$gcoxml .= '</allowed-areas>' . $eol;
$gcoxml .= '</shipping-restrictions>' . $eol;
$gcoxml .= '<address-filters>' . $eol;
$gcoxml .= '<allowed-areas>' . $eol;
$gcoxml .= '<world-area />' . $eol;
$gcoxml .= '</allowed-areas>' . $eol;
$gcoxml .= '</address-filters>' . $eol;

This was added at line 480 in /private/apps/ecom/ECOM_GoogleCO/ECOM_GoogleCO.php right below:

Code:

$gcoxml .= '<price currency="' . $this->encode_gcoxml($currency) . '">' . $this->encode_gcoxml($totalship) . '</price>' . $eol;

This opens up shipping for international addresses - a new feature.

Nick Hendler

#64 11-24-2009 12:43:08

Dave

Typo on the tag below (extra a)?

Code:

$gcoxml .= '<allowed-areasa>' . $eol;

#65 11-24-2009 12:43:09

webmaster
Administrator
Website

To address a couple of other issues:

(1) Why does Google default to your address (as the store owner) when a new customer enters checkout?  It doesn't.  It's doing that for you because it's recognizing your account and login status.  For normal customers, they don't see any shipping or address info until after they've logged in.

(2) UTF-8 characters in requests: In the function encode_gcoxml() in the file /private/apps/ecom/ECOM_GoogleCO/ECOM_GoogleCO.php we encode per Google's instructions:

Code:

$gcoxml = preg_replace('/\&/','&#x26;',$gcoxml);
$gcoxml = preg_replace('/\</','&#x3c;',$gcoxml);
$gcoxml = preg_replace('/\>/','&#x3e;',$gcoxml);

A cleaner way to do this would be to encode all characters by replacing those lines with:

Code:

$gcoxml = $this->xhtml_translate($gcoxml,'ENCODE');

Which would clean all characters.  I'm not sure if that's what Google wants or not - as their documentation specifically states only the &, > and < characters should be encoded.  Reference:

http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/de … guidelines

(3) To add support for the second address line, which will be in the upcoming update, edit .  Goto line 1586 and add:

Code:

'address2'     => '',

Right below the entry for address1 in the array.  Then below:

Code:

} elseif ($id == 'address1') {

if (!(empty($request['buyer-billing-address.0'][$id . '.0']))) {$billing_info['addone'] = $request['buyer-billing-address.0'][$id . '.0'];}
          if (!(empty($request['buyer-shipping-address.0'][$id . '.0']))) {$shipping_info['addone'] = $request['buyer-shipping-address.0'][$id . '.0'];}

Add:

Code:

} elseif ($id == 'address2') {

if (!(empty($request['buyer-billing-address.0'][$id . '.0']))) {$billing_info['addtwo'] = $request['buyer-billing-address.0'][$id . '.0'];}
          if (!(empty($request['buyer-shipping-address.0'][$id . '.0']))) {$shipping_info['addtwo'] = $request['buyer-shipping-address.0'][$id . '.0'];}

Nick Hendler

#66 11-24-2009 12:46:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Excluding the items in the two posts directly above, as far as Kryptronic is concerned  the Google Checkout module is functioning correctly.  These posts add functionality and answers to common questions.  If there are any other Google Checkout issues, please post them in the forum.

Nick Hendler

#67 11-25-2009 12:49:04

meshugy

Hi Nick...thanks for the updates. I made the changes and am waiting see if international customers can place orders.

However, I am still having these issues:

1) The CCP7 google checkout integration is changing the state field of the delivery address to "Washington" which is were I'm located for every order, even ones out of state.

2) Every time someone orders via google checkout CCP7 generates four identical confirmation emails. I've seen someone else mention this here so I'm not the only one having this problem.

Any solutions for these issues?

Thanks,

-Michael

Last edited by meshugy (11-25-2009 12:49:35)

#68 11-25-2009 13:23:27

zanart

Still doesn't  add VAT.

I have two licences, one is virutally unmodified and I get the same problem on both stores.

Rob

#69 11-26-2009 12:17:04

meshugy

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately Google is still not accepting international orders from CCP7. Can you please look into this? Without international functionality Google Checkout is useless for us, it just ends up chasing away overseas customers who think we won't ship to them.

Thanks,

-Michael

#70 11-29-2009 18:30:39

meshugy

I've made the changes above and international customers are still getting the message from google that we won't ship internationally. I also set up a sandbox account, same result. No international orders are permitted.

Nick, are you sure this fix works? I'm having no luck at all with it.

Thanks,

-Michael

#71 12-08-2009 10:42:16

meshugy

Hi Nick,

Has there been any more testing on these updates to the Google Checkout function? As far as I can tell CCP7 will not processs international orders with Google Checkout. The updates don't seem to work.

Thanks,

-Michael

#72 12-08-2009 11:15:56

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We have an update (7.1.2) pending release that has several modifications to the API in it that allow the use of international shipping, etc.  I expect that update to be released next week.  There were substantial changes to PayPal Express Checkout and gateway setups in the update which we just received certification through PayPal for.  Stay tuned.

Nick Hendler

#73 12-08-2009 11:49:36

meshugy

Thanks Nick....are the Google Checkout updates the ones posted above? I already installed those and I still can't get international shipping to work with Google Checkout.

'm

#74 12-10-2009 09:48:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We just finished testing these changes and discovered an additional address-filters tag had to be sent.  I've updated post #63 in this thread with the correct code to implement to enable the international shipping.  My apologies that we did not nail it the first time.

Nick Hendler

#75 12-10-2009 11:29:39

meshugy

Thanks Nick....I changed the code but now I am getting this error from google:

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: The element type "merchant-calculated-shipping" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</merchant-calculated-shipping>".

Maybe I messed something up elsewhere in the code, but I'm pretty sure all I did was paste the code in post #63.

Last edited by meshugy (12-10-2009 11:40:40)

Board footer