Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-18-2009 06:47:28

theblade24
Website

Why never any support for order management programs?

I don't ever see CCP supported by any of the order management software companies out there.

Mail Order Manager, Mailware, Stone Edge none of them support or even know who CCP is.

Other major carts and online platforms are all integrated into these programs making them seamless. XCART is there and many others.

It would be nice to start seeing CCP showing up and supported with some outside programs that are being used by CCP's larger customers.

Seamless integration via XML of orders, products, tracking information should be a no-brainer

The ability to combine Amazon, ebay, Channeladvisor etc etc with CCP into one back end for order management would be huge.

We are going to do this via custom integration. But it surprises me there virtually is no support for CCP anywhere we looked.

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#2 11-28-2009 12:59:25

Tanushiheadbash

Re: Why never any support for order management programs?

Tend to agree- could do witha tool to allow xml extraction of data at the very least, into tools used by shop owwners instead of the need to write custom code.

#3 12-02-2009 01:05:02

polarize

We have been using stoneedge for over 3 years now and would like to see an xml integration or at least and xml developers guide so I can set one up. I already have the developers guide for stoneedge and just waiting for the missing link.  Please consider releasing this soon for the ability to do xml data interchange between open data programs that support xml. Thanks

Using Kryptronic K9! smile
Previous Versions:
ClickCartPro 8
ClickCartPro 7
ClickCartPro 6
ClickCartPro 5.1

#4 12-02-2009 09:05:28

Dave

theblade24 wrote:

Seamless integration via XML of orders, products, tracking information should be a no-brainer.

Should be is the operative word in that statement. Every "management" program does things differently. There is no standard for anything. If there were at least a basic set of standard things they would likely be available in CCP.

#5 12-02-2009 09:09:28

Dave

polarize wrote:

xml developers guide so I can set one up. I already have the developers guide for stoneedge and just waiting for the missing link.  Please consider releasing this soon for the ability to do xml data interchange between open data programs that support xml.

What would you propose that such a developers guide contain? For orders there is already a place readily available for additional "hooks" to be added that you may do, literally, anything you'd care to do with order data.

As I said in my previous post, there is no standard of any sort for data exchange so it's virtually impossible to simply make something available that will satisfy any interface. That's why things are done as custom modifications. The ShipWorks and T-Hub extensions are perfect examples.

#6 12-03-2009 00:55:34

polarize

Dave,

Thank you for your response.  What I mean by developers guide is that StoneEdge has released a manual for setting up an xml data connection with examples and format for the order manager side of things. It essentially says this is what we call this data form in xml that can either be a request or respond or both. Of course this would function from a php script on the server that will contain the xml map tree with password protected access to call from ccp the order information that the order manager script is calling for when activated as well as send data back to ccp to update the order with translated status such as completed and tracking numbers as well as sync inventory levels in the cart to compensate for phone orders and such. 

Since xml is an open format we will need to take a script already written by Stoneedge to be controled by the software to send and receive the information from the script that we need to write to obtain and maintain the various information to and from ccp through the xml connection. I am just starting to get into this but its explained to me that it is very similar to an ODBC connection that UPS Worldship uses to pull in address details and then send back tracking details to the requesting software through the open exchange format.

I guess I'm to understand that this is familiar to you already but that what I'm thinking that if ccp can offer the cart side xml tree formats so one would know where to request and send information to and from that the only point needed will be the translation at the connection which is open and very flexible. Ccp can write the cart side of the script and say for example in your script provide the name for the connection to send order tracking in the xml. Whatever the name for tracking is to transmit tracking from stoneedge will connect at the point.

I have a copy of the developers kit that I can send you if you want to see what I mean. StoneEdge already has complete cart xml integration with many shopping carts including OS Commerce and all of its hybrids including the best example I've seen to date being CRE Loaded B2B that we have a license for that we had been considering moving to for the automation integration. We prefer to stay with ccp because of our history with you guys as we watch ccp evolve over the past several years.

Even though they have integrated with the most popular carts available today the developers kit that we have allows you to adapt their xml script to work with any open cart that has xml capability to tie it all together.

You also mentioned that there are other "hooks" in the program but I'm not sure what they do or could be capable of doing. Can you expand on this a bit more to see if it could already have the tools there for an open integration?  Again, I am very new to this so I may be off on some of these things but trying to communicate the way I understand it all to work.  I may be able to figure it out if I had a server side script that links the information into an xml tree we can treak to the written script from StoneEdge with some help.

I apologize for the boring dialog and going in circles I think but I'm not sure how else to explain what we need.  What is very clear particularly this year is that xml flexibility data exchange is an absolute must and this open format is arguably the accepted standard even if some of the details need to tie together.  I see this as a huge plus for ccp to be on board with.  I am interested in your thoughts on this and hope to keep the topic alive. Anyone who wants to ensure accuracy while reducing keying and moving towards near real time inventory and updates will agree that this is a step in the right direction. Personally, I think StoneEdge OM and CCP can become a perfect match for this.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. smile

Using Kryptronic K9! smile
Previous Versions:
ClickCartPro 8
ClickCartPro 7
ClickCartPro 6
ClickCartPro 5.1

Board footer