Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-16-2009 08:47:21

garykva

renaming of ecom prod database(s) ?

I have a general CCP v7 question. I do alot of items through drop shipping. There are various spreadsheets that come in, and varying amounts of products in these spreadsheets. some are short lived, others may live alittle longer before they are changed.

Currently I using multiple copies of the ecom prod database, throwing each of these spreadsheets in seperate folders and trying to keep it below 1100 products per spreadsheet.

When the cart is full of products, it can easily exceed 10,000+ products. Now the questions:

1. The ecom prod database - I understand you can add more and more databases ontop of each other - are like products over written ?

2. I have not tried to use another file name when trying to upload the ecom prod databases. If this is possible, is it also possible to delete just that portion of the database ?
Example: I have Baseball, Football, NCCA, and other databases. Is it possible to upload these as say
ecom_prod_baseball.csv , ecom_prod_football.csv, and  ecom_prod_ncaa.csv databases? Then as an update comes in remove/replace just one of these - say ecom_prod_ncaa.csv leaving others intact?

It doesn't take long to remove the entire database and reload. Even at 10,000 items, the whole process may take 5 minutes in 1000 row chunks. I am just looking for a more streamlined way of doing business.

Gary K
wwwCollector-Corner.com
wwwNFL-Gifts.com

#2 09-16-2009 09:12:30

Dave

Re: renaming of ecom prod database(s) ?

1. I'm not sure what you're saying or asking.  Imports will update any existing entries whose IDs match those of the import file or create a new entry if an ID in the import file does not already exist.

2. The import process will never delete anything.  The name of the CSV files does not matter at all.  Name them anything you'd care to.

#3 09-16-2009 09:21:40

dh783
Website

Re: renaming of ecom prod database(s) ?

1. The ecom prod database - I understand you can add more and more databases ontop of each other - are like products over written ?

If a item in a data feed has the same id as one that is already in the database, then that item will be updated with the new information.

Is it possible to upload these as say
ecom_prod_baseball.csv , ecom_prod_football.csv, and  ecom_prod_ncaa.csv databases?

You can create as many database tables as you like but ccp will only know or looks for ecom_prod (or it's default tables), ccp will not read or know about any other database tables you create with out modding the core scripts.

If this is possible, is it also possible to delete just that portion of the database ?

I usually update my database through excel, and insert into a field (like recurprice) that I don't use, a value of "DELETE", this lets me run a raw database sql statement of (it doesn't matter what field as long as it's not the id)

Code:

DELETE FROM ecom_prod WHERE recurpirce='DELETE'

this will just delete the items for the product database that meet this requirement.

John

Board footer