Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-18-2009 18:37:22

Wolverine
Website

Still confused about Joomla and upgrading

I haven't jumped on the upgrade bandwagon (yet) because at first blush, other than an improved interface and Joomla integration, I don't see much reason or need for it.

Does Joomla become the primary interface using CCP as it's shopping cart/order processor?  Do they use a shared index.php file or are they housed in different subdirectories?  I have CCP installed in my root directory.

Jerry

#2 07-19-2009 09:03:39

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Still confused about Joomla and upgrading

Here is a great reference on the Joomla! integration:

https://kryptronic.com/Joomla

Both install separately.

And here is a list of everything we did for v7 - much more than a new management interface and a CMS integration:

https://kryptronic.com/cms-display/docs_relnot70.html

Nick Hendler

#3 07-19-2009 10:31:33

Wolverine
Website

Thanks Nick - good information.  I'll do the upgrade next week but it may be a long time before I go with Joomla because it would be one more thing demanding my time, plus CCP has served me well as a stand-alone application and I haven't yet figured out why I would need Joomla.

Anyway, much success with your launch of version 7!

Jerry

#4 09-18-2009 07:43:32

makesachange
Website

I'm also trying to get to grips with Joomla.  I can see it seems to have lots of useful addons which are cool.  But can it replace the user interface with CCP which even in CCP7 I have problems with.  No doubt it's better but still not that great.

I've gone through all the pages linked about and still don't get it.  Any chance of a one-syllable-sentences explanation to the less well grey-matter endowed?

Cheers :-)

Emma

The Organic and Fair Trade Baby Boutique

#5 10-01-2009 11:40:22

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The Joomla! integration simply allows you to use Joomla! for your CMS duties and CCP for your online store duties.  The integration makes the two act as one (with template imports and single sign on supported) from the customer's perspective.

Nick Hendler

Board footer