Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-25-2009 22:08:50

Havasu Doug

Nested tables in IE8

I have an issue in my store with nested tables viewed with Internet Explorer 8.0.

Specifically nested tables are expanding past the boundaries set in outer tables.  For example, in the content area of the store, I have 2 columns of products.  The cell widths for each column is set at 50%.  The table width for each product within that column are set to 100% to take up the whole width of the column. This has shown correctly in FireFox, Netscape and all versions of IE up to and including 7.  Now with IE 8.0, the specific product cells expand beyond the column widths of 50%.

Without showing the ending tags, which are present, here is the code:

<TABLE WIDTH="530" COLS="2" CELLSPACING="5">
<TR>
<TD VALIGN="TOP" WIDTH="50%"><FONT FACE="VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA" SIZE="1" COLOR="FFFFFF">
<CENTER>

<TABLE WIDTH="100%" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0"><TR>

<TD VALIGN="TOP"><FONT FACE="VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA" SIZE="1" COLOR="FFFFFF">

<FONT FACE="VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA" SIZE="2" COLOR="FFFFFF"><A HREF="https://www.havasudoug.com/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi?usr=51J7301599&rnd=3780383&rrc=N&affl=&cip=http://www.havasudoug.com/cgi-bin/ccp51/...&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=HDFCanHolder&cat=&catstr="><B>HDF Can Holder</B></A></FONT><BR>

<BR>Foldable foam with cloth exterior and felt lined interior.<BR>

My store is located at: http://www.havasudoug.com/hdfstore.shtml

The compatibility mode in IE8 has no effect on this glitch.  I'm not sure if I'll have to wait for Microsoft to correct the browser or someone has come up with code changes for  tiki 5.1?

#2 06-20-2009 23:44:22

Havasu Doug

Re: Nested tables in IE8

I haven't found a real fix yet, but I did something to get me by in the meantime.

Text in the "short description" field wrote as a single line no matter how long it was on the top cell of each column on multiple column pages.  In my case, I was using only 2 columns.  IN ONLY the top cell of each column, I put in line breaks to break up the text where it was broken in all other browsers and all of the other cells fell in line accordingly.  As of right now, my store looks fine, but I as soon as I add or delete items, I'll have to see what items are in the top cells of each column and adjust accordingly.

#3 06-22-2009 22:01:36

Iceit88
Website

Re: Nested tables in IE8

Did you try changing the widths in the above code that are % to a fixed width such as WIDTH="220" or something like that.  I notice you have one fixed width for the table and the rest are %.  Also add a width to the second tables TD tag.  I do not see one listed their right now, which could cause it to expand possibly.

Bryan

Hat Trick Sports, LLC

Board footer