Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-23-2009 20:28:30

lloydmartin

Need Guideance

Hi Someone Who Is Smarter Than Me.

I paid $15,000 to have a programmer make me an ecommerce site years ago.  It has never worked very well.

Here is my situation...

I have approximately 5000 line items of products, no pictures.  We have a China Store (dishes)

The lines look like this

Company  Pattern          Piece           Reg Price   % Discount   Dis Price   Quantity On Hand
Aynsley     Green Bird   Sugar Bowl        $40             25%          $30                  1
Lenox        Blue Bird     Dinner Plate       $25             20%          $20                  7

Repeat above 5000 times

Question...Does this program support this kind of store? 
Does it do it easily?
Can I bulk upload my inventory?
Can I reupload daily without a problem?

Thanks so much for answering my question.  There has to be something out there that can handle this situation.  It seems like such a simple "store" and inventory.

Lloyd Martin

#2 03-23-2009 22:17:05

posnpretty
Website

Re: Need Guideance

Lloyd, I'd be interested in looking at your current store setup to get a better idea. Can you give us the url?

#3 03-23-2009 22:53:22

dh783
Website

Question...Does this program support this kind of store?

CCP can handle the number of products you listed easily and keep track of inventory levels as well. The product database has quite a few more fields than the 7 you listed but doesn't have fields for company, patern and piece but they can be add if you really need them, but these would probably be better as categories and sub-categories of products than product information fields. CCP will also not automaticly figure your sale price from a precentage field in the products information as the standard fields for this (regular, sale and wholesale fields) are static and just need to be entered. You can creat discounts for products that will reduce the product price by either a fixed amount or by a precentage but this requires the customer to enter the discount code at checkout.

Does it do it easily?

That's a relitave question as every program as a learning curve but once learned becomes easy.

Can I bulk upload my inventory?

Yes but the question here is are you trying to upload a suppliers inventory list? If yes then you may need a script that will read there information and get it into a file that can be imported into ccp. There are some limits on how may items can be imported at one time but these are not the falt of ccp but more on the limits that your service provider places on file size and or time required to complete the task. In your case with 5000 items it might have to be split up into 5, 1000 item imports if it is being done through the web server. There are other ways one can upload database information that are not limited by the web server like direct data upload into the database server itself.

Can I reupload daily without a problem?

You can upload/reupload as many times in a day as you like, there is no limite on this.

John

#4 03-23-2009 23:03:32

lloydmartin

Thanks John,

I would upload all 7 fields with the % discount already figured.  No calculations needed.  I don't need to use the inventory control.  We do our own in another database in the office.  That is why I asked about uploading on a regular basis.

I don't care what you call the fields, I just need 7 fields to show the information as I laid it out.

And I guess I am understanding that I just buy the software and put it on a server.  I have my own server.  Will this program work with Windows Server 2003 with IIS?
Thanks again,
Lloyd

#5 03-23-2009 23:03:38

dh783
Website

Here is a list of the product database header columns

Code:

id     name     prodnum     pricestatus     regprice     saleprice     volprice     voltext     recurprice     whlprice     affilcomm     keywords     descshort     desclong     skinoverride     lgdisp     reldisptype     reldispnum     prodmulti     imgsm     imglg     imgxl     splashdisp     newdisp     specialsdisp     bestselldisp     featuredisp     taxstateprov     taxcountry     useinv     invlevel     addemtext     delmethod     customship     dlfile     shiponename     shiponeprice     shiptwoname     shiptwoprice     shipthreename     shipthreeprice     shiplocal     shipint     shiplength     shipwidth     shipheight     shipweight     shipnumbox     shipstateprov     shipcountry     shipzip     shipemail     xcat     xprod     xprodoptions     sortorder     sortprice     prodidx     prodview     prodviewg     minquan     maxquan

John

#6 03-24-2009 08:26:51

wyattea

I'm not sure if you plan to have photos, but an online store really needs pictures.

Board footer