Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#401 07-08-2009 22:05:27

dh783
Website

Re: ClickCartPro 7 - Initial Thread From CCP6 Forum

The thing about the movie is that they could have shown it last summer but they held it back because the happy meal action figures where going to be two days behind the release date so they descided to just let you think about it for the next year. For all the Halo fans out there, where is the movie that was said to be released some two year ago, then changed to the summer of 2009, then pushed to 2010!!

John

#402 07-09-2009 03:27:46

nigelt

A lot of these films are quite similar now arent they. I might just go and watch a different one while waiting for this one to "premiere" :-)

#403 07-09-2009 03:31:42

makesachange
Website

Apparently they run these in Pennsylvania

http://www.businesstrainingworks.com/Co … ctory.html

The Organic and Fair Trade Baby Boutique

#404 07-09-2009 03:37:05

makesachange
Website

nigelt wrote:

To be honest onestop, if ccp7 had the extra features that cs-cart has, and for free, not a xmod pay more for the add-on.. I'd happily wait another week.. no make that 2 weeks.
But I fear that after all this time waiting, I'm going to be saying... oh.. CCP7 still doesnt do this or that (or the other !).
I'm very happy to eat my words and grovel for forgiveness if i'm wrong..... Have been many times in my life haha !

I think I've worked it out!  Nick knew it wasn't going to be ready until the end of 2010 and he's just been keeping us hanging on until then so we don't buy other carts, which we would otherwise have done if CCP6 wasn't what we wanted for some reason... so Howard loses out on a load of sales but c'est la vie...

Cool marketing scheme.  Respect.

#405 07-09-2009 03:49:35

zanart

Nick,
Can you confirm a release date for CCP8 yet??

Thanks!!!!!

Rob

#406 07-09-2009 04:32:48

magwa

Let's not generally crucify Nick's development of V7, his only real mistake has been to grossly underestimate the time it would take him to integrate Joomla and all the other new features.

Unfortunately he has continued to compound that mistake with continued "have no doubt" type proclamations on release dates.
It's easy to see how he has gotten onto this rollercoaster of expectation and even easier to understand why he can't get off.

V7 when released will undoubtedly be a superb product but when people begin to lose faith in the credibility of someone's ability to accurately forecast a release date their frustration usually results in lost sales. Nick already knows this and must take the view that the downside of releasing too early would be worse than lost sales due to realease date pushbacks.

I will simply wait and see what happens.
I will wait until the release happens and then evaluate the software before jumping in.

There must be a risk that with so many pushbacks to solve problems that other unforeseen issues may crop up and I'd rather not gamble until they are known and solved, which I'm sure is Nick's viewpoint also.

I've used Joomla for a long time having graduated from Mambo and to this day I'm not sure whether to love it or hate it.

#407 07-09-2009 04:52:20

makesachange
Website

Magwa,

I'm with you on it and my sarcastic posts are a reaction to the utterly ridiculous situation where, as you say, confident release dates are continually knocked at the last minute.  Believe me, if I wasn't hanging in there, I wouldn't be messing around here.  I had several projects to do which should have been done 3 months ago.  If I'd known about this delay I would have bought V6 and got on with it, and upgraded, but with the "it's another few days away" going on it seemed totally pointless to double our work.  I've considered other carts but didn't want the learning curve so have been hanging on.  Wrong decision.

I am sure that noone disagrees with the fact that the unprofessionalism shown with this is extraordinary.  We also agree that the product needs to be right before it's released.  Those of us - ie me - whose project launches are not critical for paying the mortgage are just still waiting because the alternatives are too much hassle.  For those who couldn't wait - well it's been terrible as they've been kept on a hook and then dropped, probably causing them great embarassment and loss of business.

The management of this has been laughable.  It does not mean that the end product won't be good.  It doesn't mean Nick's a bad developer and none of this is personal.  It's just extreme frustration and incredulity at the utter farce that this has become. 

Nick knows this.  He's taking the flack but doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes.  Saying yet again that he doesn't want to rush out a release speaks volumes, unfortunately, and gives me absolutely no confidence that the next release date will be "the day".  In fact let's face it, it won't be.  But who cares - I'll be on holiday and who knows, when I'm back at the end of August it may be done.  Maybe.

For those people who keep saying how wonderful the new version will be, well anyone who thinks it's not worth waiting for is not going to be venting their frustration on here.

My final word on this:  Nick, please, please listen to people.  DO NOT bump the date again.  If the next date isn't an absolute - meaning you've finished it now and have tested it and are testing it and it's ready to go and you're just sitting on it for fun then tell us now.  If it's not going to be ready then give us a date which is realistic.  No last minute add-ons, changes, fixes or bugs.  No rushing it through.  No holidays getting in the way.  No excuses.  Please.  Enough.

#408 07-09-2009 10:46:41

Iceit88
Website

Magwa & makesachange

I am in agreement 100% couldn't have written it better myself.

Bryan

Hat Trick Sports, LLC

#409 07-09-2009 13:08:13

onestop
Website

I just bought a 5th of Oban Scotch...should hold me till Monday big_smile

#410 07-09-2009 13:33:58

NicheDev

onestop wrote:

A fifth bottle? Weren't the first four enough?

Paul

#411 07-09-2009 13:43:29

Dave

ROTFLMAO big_smile

I'd prefer a  please.

Last edited by Dave (07-09-2009 14:08:18)

#412 07-09-2009 13:55:45

posnpretty
Website

Just curious - who has been using Click Cart Pro since its first release? I just started with CCP6 in mid-2008, so I have no idea what the history is on previous versions and whether or not announced release dates were ever met on time.

#413 07-09-2009 13:58:53

sydewayz
Website

Nick, please, make it stopppp....... this is torture. What did I do to deserve this?

Hell, at least I have on more Monday to get excited over....which is RARE, so I will cherish it.

/Cracks Beer 
/Kicks Back
/Flips Hourglass

#414 07-09-2009 14:06:11

121NetDesign

Thought I would throw into the mix a little from history, anyone remember this?

webmaster wrote:

I'm expecting a release of version 7 by the end of March (2009).  We have very little left to do to it.

Last edited by 121NetDesign (07-09-2009 14:06:32)

Tommy Lee

#415 07-09-2009 17:41:31

TerryA
Website

I have been using CCP since 4.0 and have been through all the release dates since then. This is typical of all the previous release dates of the other versions.  Frustrating when you are waiting, isn't it? I learned not to let any of my customers know about a new version until I actually had it on one of my servers and fully tested.  Have fun waiting for the release.  I may upgrade in a few months if it has been released by then.

#416 07-09-2009 18:33:25

posnpretty
Website

TerryA wrote:

I have been using CCP since 4.0 and have been through all the release dates since then. This is typical of all the previous release dates of the other versions.

Thanks, Terry. I suspected this was typical for release dates. I noticed the XMODS for CCP6 were not released when first announced last year.

I'm okay with waiting, as long as I know the final product will be worth the wait. My experience so far tells me it will be well worth the wait.

#417 07-10-2009 13:10:14

Dave

onestop wrote:

We toured the scotch factory in Oban back in 2000 when we were over there for a friends wedding smile  Great samples lol

#418 07-10-2009 15:15:35

nigelt

Can I ask a question.
Why are XMOD's charged extra for, when other carts (who I wont name) incorporate them as standard.
To me, an XMOD should be something that is asked for and added as an additional extra.
On the next release of software, those XMODs should be added into that version as standard.
I'm assuming its a revenue generator, would I be right ?
Wouldnt a product me more popular if it was billed as ... ALL THIS INCLUDED AS STANDARD...

Ta muchly
Nige

#419 07-10-2009 15:26:29

Dave

The main and overriding goal of CCP is a solution that works for a majority of people without every bell and whistle known to man rolled into it.  XMODs are available at additional cost to meet the needs of those folks who need them.  They are not things that every shop needs or wants.

The other solutions tend to include everything in the belief that it makes their solution look better when in fact it ends up leading to a much larger and more complex solution than it needs to be for most people.  And with the larger and more complex solution are more chances for security and maintenance issues.

#420 07-10-2009 15:39:33

nigelt

Thanks for that Dave.
So Joomla should be an XMOD then ;-)

#421 07-10-2009 15:41:06

nigelt

Seriously though...
I'm just not quite sure why HD SEO is an XMOD, i'd have thought that EVERYONE would want that facility.
Nige

#422 07-10-2009 15:42:44

Dave

nigelt wrote:

So Joomla should be an XMOD then ;-)

Given the size of the Joomla community it's probably safe to say that they're going to become a majority rather quickly.

#423 07-10-2009 15:45:13

Dave

nigelt wrote:

I'm just not quite sure why HD SEO is an XMOD, i'd have thought that EVERYONE would want that facility.

Quite bluntly it, nor even the basic SEO that comes with CCP, is needed.  But some people insist on it which is why both are available.  Not everyone wants the HD SEO XMOD, not even close, and a good number of people don't even use the basic SEO that's supplied with CCP.

#424 07-10-2009 16:05:50

FrankJAG
Website

Well it's pretty obvious you are going to cater to the majority which like you said is soon going to be a majority. Guess those of us who don't need or care about Joomla are not as important since we shall soon be a minority. Business 101 I understand.
I am not too terribly happy about having to pay for XMods that should come with the initial price. Just because you think SEO is not necessary shouldn't mean were all wrong and don't need one!

I have to be frank (no pun intended) I am shopping around for another solution. I could care less about Joomla. I hope they come in droves as new customers, we definately feel alienated and most probably will not upgrade.

Best of luck with the new Joomla potential customers. It was fun while it lasted.

#425 07-10-2009 22:22:32

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Hello all.  Just wanted to give everyone an update on the release.  We expect to release ClickCartPro 7 as planned on Monday probably around 4:00 PM ET.

For those users of ClickCartPro 6 who are ready for the next generation in E-Commerce, consider upgrading to ClickCartPro 7.

The new software offers you all the standalone power that ClickCartPro 6 does, but also offers you a number of new features including a Web 2.0 windows-like interface for administrators.  Let's face it - the biggest gripe store owners have with ClickCartPro 6 is the management interface - so we tackled that issue in a big way with the version 7 release.  All of the cumbersome tasks like managing relationships and switching from one area to another and back again have been addressed.  Tasks have been made easier to complete - and now multi-tasking is possible with the new interface.

E-commerce features were added to aid in selling using ClickCartPro.  The entire tax system was re-vamped to allow for option-level adjustments and support for multi-tiered and EU systems was added.  We added cool things to the checkout like the option to change accounts, and the option for custom surcharges.  Support was added for cool new XMODs that will release shortly which handle Advanced and Batch Order Management and RSS Feeds.  We added support for file uploads as product options and modified the QuickBooks export to handle inventory.  Changes were made to discounts to allow for application with or without shipping and we upgraded display management using a new skin system that has widgets which can be added and managed.

The entire platform was rebuilt to become faster, leaner, meaner and easier to extend.  It was re-architected from it's foundation.  The result was ClickCartPro 7, a platform which is comprised of application components which manage system, store and cms tasks efficiently and seamlessly.  Everything is now integrated and now the entire system is easily extendable. ClickCartPro 7 is the result of Kryptronic listening to it's users over the past two and a half years and building upon the principles which made ClickCartPro 6 strong.

We've also integrated with Joomla!.  The Joomla! community should be pretty happy about that.  That's because when it's released, ClickCartPro 7 will be the best standalone e-commerce system available - and it will tie into their favorite CMS.

ClickCartPro users will be happy about it too.  Our focus hasn't changed - we're committed to providing you with the best software for the job.  We're committed to making the most stable, secure and reliable software available to you for your online store.  We're committed to your success.  That's one reason we don't push releases out before they're ready.

ClickCartPro 7 is ready.  Are you?

The next year is going to be very exciting here at Kryptronic with plenty of new software being made available for ClickCartPro 7.  A new era is upon us.

Can you tell I'm very excited about this one?  On schedule or not.

Nick Hendler

Board footer