Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-25-2009 05:27:11

puredesign

Custom Product Image upload

Hi all,

I have been searching the forum for a solution to my problem, but have so far found nothing that helps.

My customer has a t-shirt printing business, and the site is full of already designed t-shirts, but my customer wants to enable users to build custom t-shirts, using product options. This itself is not a problem, just creating a product with lots of options, until you get to allowing the user to upload a photo.

Now I haven't firmed up with my customer whether this will be on a 'submit a form and wait for a quote basis' or 'select your options and checkout basis'. So I have a few questions.

Firstly, is image upload possible within a product? - i suspect not, having read other posts.

If i went the other route of submit a form for a quote. will i run into any problems trying to run a 3rd party form within my ccp 'user page'?

I'm sure i can find a 3rd party form that allows the image upload, but unsure how ccp will react to this.

I've just started moving site over to ccp6, does ccp6 have any better solutions to this scenario?

Rich

#2 02-25-2009 08:57:09

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Custom Product Image upload

CCP 5.1 does not have an image upload option.  I don't know about 6.0.  I know it has been done as custom work for both versions - it might even be available from Kryptronic as an optional custom bit for 6.0.  If you want it done in v5.1, contact Stephen at Cartmod.com.  That's the only way it will happen for 5.1.  As far as 3rd party forms, it's going to depend on which one and in which language.  If you stay with a PERL based solution, it would certainly be a lot easier to blend the two.  Can you not use one of the dynamic forms generated by CCP?

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 02-25-2009 09:04:19

puredesign

Hi Rachael,

I could use the dynamic form in ccp, but again i'd need to give the customer the ability to upload a picture to us within this form.

Can this be done within ccp then?

Rich

#4 02-25-2009 09:13:13

rachaelseven
Website

No, Rich, not as it comes 'out of the box'.  The image upload would need to be a custom mod.  I'm pretty sure it's a custom mod for V6 too, although they might have something they've done before that they could adapt for you.  You'd need to ask in the v6 section of the forum if you are planning to upgrade.  Otherwise, you'll need to do some serious custom work to make this happen in v5.1.  And it's way beyond what we're going to accomplish together on the forum - you're definitely into bespoke work here.

Rachael Katz

#5 02-25-2009 09:28:35

puredesign

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but if i found a 3rd party form that included image upload, could i not just run this from a user page within ccp?

#6 02-25-2009 10:27:16

rachaelseven
Website

Perhaps.  Depends on the language the form is written in, what it's going to do with the images, etc.  You'd also have to be pretty careful that it didn't provide a hacker a place to upload malicious code to your server.  I'm sure it could be done, but I would not think that it would be a trivial mod.  I could be wrong, but that's how it strikes me, anyway.

Rachael Katz

#7 03-02-2009 11:28:58

vbsaltydog
Website

In order to have image upload capabilities, you need a specific form but that's the easy part, the laboring part of what you are trying to do is to process the form to place the images into a server space with a naming convention where you can tell what images were uploaded by whom, etc. After all, having a bunch of uploaded images on your server does you no good if you cant view them in your browser and you don't know what image goes with what customer/order.

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

Board footer