Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-24-2009 10:44:36

jonasaedin
Website

Splash page check

Hi There,

I have only worked with CCP6 (UK version) for a few days now and started to create my own skin. I have a fair knowledge og HTML, CSS and PHP and beginning to get very excited by the flexibility of this cart software.

I am trying to add some flash content on the splash page - yes, gasp, but there's a good reason - but don't want this visible on other pages. I know you could just add the code in the splash page under 'manage web pages' but I would like it to sit outside the content block.

I have added a simple if check for 'splash' on $_GET['ref'] which works if you click the 'home' button but doesnt pick up visitors going straight to the URL (and not passing the 'ref' variable in the url)... any other way?

!!UPDATE
I managed to create a workaround using:

Code:

if($_GET['ref'] == 'splash' || $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == '/') {/* my code here */}

But would still like to hear if there is a prettier solution ;-)

Last edited by jonasaedin (02-24-2009 10:59:17)

#2 03-12-2009 11:11:23

ghost123

Re: Splash page check

HI were do i get the xhtml code from for the index page?

#3 03-12-2009 11:13:25

Dave

Everything in CCP is generated dynamically.  There isn't a single place or file that could be considered an index page per se.

#4 04-03-2009 13:04:20

ghost123

Thanks for that Dave ok then if i what to make my own custom template but what to use the shopping cart as normal how do i go about making the links to it. Sorry i am very new at this trying to find my way round trying not to give up i dont now php but picking little bits up now and then.

Cheers Darren

Board footer