Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-20-2009 14:50:47

cheesey-steve

Problems with MySQL setup when moving site

Hi

I am trying to move our site to a new provider. I have all the files accross and transported the MySQL database but I had to change the username and password on the MySQL database as I could not remeber what the previous settings were

I switched the site to CSV mode so I culd use the admin to change the rdbms database connection details but when I go to the rdbms setup the form does not show any input fields.

I had a look at the csv file containing the mysql details but I dont know how to encrypt the password to make the connection work

Please can someone help. I tried creating a new support ticket but they said I have to go through the forum.

#2 01-20-2009 15:19:12

Dave

Re: Problems with MySQL setup when moving site

Our resident 5.1 guru Rachael will probably be able to get you going but she won't be able to post anything for a few hours.  Help is on the way.

#3 01-20-2009 16:24:29

rachaelseven
Website

You can't directly encrypt the password, so we've got to work through the admin.  The first question is why you're not getting any fields on the RDBMS page.  Please go to that page and do a "view source" with your browser.  If there are errors in accessing one of the file, it will show up as a comment block in the HTML and that will probably give us a lot of clues.  Also, you can review  for changing DB passwords to see if that points you in a better direction.  Once you've gone that far, please report back and we'll figure out where to go next.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#4 01-21-2009 15:04:12

cheesey-steve

Thanks for the post back. I have some bigger problems at the moment. I dont know why but my site is now giving me Internal error 500.

I have set the permissions to the htdocs to 755 and the permissions to media and data to 777

I have checked the filepaths ion the cp-app.pl and cp-admin.pl

Still no joy

Have I missed anything?

#5 01-21-2009 15:16:58

cheesey-steve

OK got the internal server error sorted just trying to get in, but my password does not wish to play... will let you know when I am doing a little better

#6 01-21-2009 15:18:57

cheesey-steve

I have checked the passwords and they are right but its not letting me in to the admin section.... Any ideas?

#7 01-21-2009 15:30:35

rachaelseven
Website

Perhaps a corrupted CSV file due to transferring in ascii mode instead of binary - CCP tables (.csv files) must be transferred in binary mode.  If the system can't read or write to the admuser table due to that sort of corruption, you won't be able to get in.  Internal server errors can be caused by the same thing, so I'm wondering if maybe you corrupted some of the tables during the transfer.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

Board footer