Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-11-2009 20:14:34

bbac

VAT Breakdown - Invoice doesn't meet Revenue standards

According to the VAT office (see http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/records-valid-invoice.htm) a VAT invoice must show:

* unit price or rate, excluding VAT
    * quantity of goods or the extent of the services
    * rate of VAT that applies to the items being sold
    * total amount payable, excluding VAT
    * rate of any cash discount
    * total amount of VAT charged

If you issue a VAT invoice that includes zero-rated or exempt items, you must:

* show clearly that there is no VAT payable on those items
    * show the total of those values separately

The CCP6 VAT invoice (on the standard template) does not do this, it merely gives a summary

For example

Item Subtotal inc Vat £87.00
Total £87.00

Ex VAT : £86.61 VAT : £0.39 Total: £87.00

We have some products which are rated for VAT and others which are not. We also have products where the main item is rated for VAT but the options aren't, hence the strange VAT breakdown in the above example. CCP was chosen, in part, because it offered this flexibility.

In order to meet the revenue guidelines you would need something like:

Code:

VAT Rate      Amount ex VAT       VAT    Amount Inc VAT
0.0%                   £84.00      £0.00        £84.00
15.0%                   £2.61      £0.39         £3.00

According to Howard in thread https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=11396,

The standard printable invoice gives the minimum require information to comply with the vat regulations (vat numbers and the amount of vat charged).

- but I can't see that this is the case. It doesn't even include the rate in the standard template, a basic requirement.

There is then a link to a dead page on the ClickCartPro website for some non-existant module. As commented in other threads, the main reason for the UK version being (currently) 2.5 times the price of the US version is due to the extensive UK customisations, most of which work beautifully, but are spoilt by little omissions, sush as the final output not being sufficient to satisfy the VAT requirements.

It could be argued that the current CCP receipt (almost) meets the requirements for the "simplified" VAT invoice, and it may, once the VAT rate had been added to the template. It  meets the requirements of the (optional) "modified" invoice. But surely it would be far better to have a proper receipt/invoice generated in the first place?

Any ideas? Has the VAT module been discontinued? Is there a better template I could be using or should I write my own? Or have I missed some vital point as usual and am about to be pointed towards the blindingly obvious (I hope so!)?

#2 01-12-2009 04:02:09

GreenbarnWeb
Banned
Website

Re: VAT Breakdown - Invoice doesn't meet Revenue standards

Hi

You will only get the full Vat invoice if you are using the prices excluding vat format of prices.

#3 01-21-2009 13:49:59

bbac

Hi Howard

I'd like to change this, I expect I'll have a look around in the XHTML includes and find the answer there. A quick look at the code seems to reverse engineer the VAT rate from the total excl VAT and the total incl VAT but I may mistaken. Thanks for your answer though.

#4 04-07-2009 09:49:49

jonasaedin
Website

Anyone come up with a workaround for this?

Will CCP7 solve this?

Board footer