Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

• Index
  •  » ClickCartPro 6
  •  » website and admin page are blank in firefox and activity shows done.

#1 11-17-2008 15:20:26

Jacko
Website

website and admin page are blank in firefox and activity shows done.

Hi Guys and Girls.

I changed the GBU0.php file as for the mod for randomly showing featured products on the home page, done by QM Stores. When I changed the file it was already open ( the website ) in another tab. Refreshing changed the featured products perfectly but since I have closed the browser and  checked the site several; hours later, it has disappeared. It may have been something I have done to it via the file I edited which is this one /khxc-private/apps/gbu0/gbu/gbu.php.   Both the home index.php and admin.php show a blank page in firefox. The activity bar at the bottom shows loking up the site and then waiting for the site then done and its a blank page. I tried installer.php and everything ran through to the end even though I didn't change or reload or update anything, just did it to see if that page worked.

Any ideas as to what it could be or how that file could affect the showing of any page of the site. i.e. corrupt or has the ftp program  changed the permisions of the file and that is what could be doing it.

Cheers in advance guys

Steve Jackson

Astral Moon, for all your Pagan, Wiccan, New Age and Gothic needs.

http://www.astralmoon.co.uk

#2 11-17-2008 15:29:45

Dave

Re: website and admin page are blank in firefox and activity shows done.

Did you change gbu0.php or GBU.php?  Only the latter resides in the directory you named (khxc-private/apps/gbu0/gbu/).  In any case it shouldn't have affected admin at all.  It could be a permissions problem so check that the permissions are 755 or match what installer.php is.  Look for other "strange" files in the directory where index and admin are while you're there.

#3 11-17-2008 15:41:06

Jacko
Website

Hi Dave,

Yes you are right the file was GBU.php I just added the zero cos of keyboard error ( it's dark lol ), The file permissions are set to the same as the others which is 755 as on here 777 doesn't let you even run the installer. The permissions are the same. Even admin.php is the same but still gives the same blank screen. Nothing looks out of place in public_html.

Thanks for responding so quick mate. It could be a red herring that the time was close to me editing the file so if something else stands out to you chuck it out and I'll check. It may not have been me.

Steve

Steve Jackson

#4 11-17-2008 15:52:10

Dave

Make sure the index and admin files match the sizes of the originals.  If they look fine things are going to need a closer look.

#5 11-17-2008 16:07:45

Jacko
Website

Hi,

The admin.php file is 20.34k    last modded 3rd october and the index.php file is20.77k last modded 3rd october.hope this helps you Dave.

Steve.

P.s I downloaded the latest installer and ran it  then did the updates when they were issued could I just use those files to overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Jackson

#6 11-17-2008 16:18:46

Dave

Those sound correct and yes, the 5 files in the installation zip file may be replaced on your site without a problem.  They are not touched by the installer.

#7 11-17-2008 16:29:08

Jacko
Website

Hi,

OK Dave that didn't actually change anything. It's still the same but I'll have to get back and try tomorrow as it's late over here.

Thanks and will start again in the morning

Steve

Steve Jackson

#8 11-18-2008 03:28:30

Jacko
Website

Hi All,

Well the site still does exactly the same thing even with the index.php and admin.php copied over from the latest installer files. If anyone has any ideas then fell free to drop a post. I'll speak to the hosting company when they open and ask them about it also. I'll post anything new here.

Thanks
Steve

Steve Jackson

#9 11-18-2008 07:18:42

Jacko
Website

Hi All,

I've just spoken to the hosting company and they say it's probably a corrupt php file and to reinstall the software keeping my original database and then either overwrite my skin file or keep it in the install if possible. Also I'd like to keep the directories for my images and the orders and customer invoices.

Is this possible to run the installer and reinstall the ccp but keep all my data or if not can I get a list of what to copy, do the reinstall and then overwrite the new installation with my original data.

Thanks for all your help on this one guys

Steve

Steve Jackson

#10 11-18-2008 08:56:01

Jacko
Website

Hi

I've re run the installer and forced the overwrite of all the files just in case of a corrupt code as it says and the result is still the same. I updated the Pear files, the core files and the apps, still no joy and even the link to the admin at the end still says done and there is a blank screen.

Any help guys would be much appreciated on this as it's been like this since yesterday evening. Is there another way to completely re install the cart from scratch but then either keep my data including a modded skin and the purchased marketing module  and my custom shipping script. Or delete everything and reinstall but then piont it to my existing database and then what files should I overwrite to put my old data in. also customer details and orders / invoices etc.

Many thanks as I'm dying here with not so much cart knowledge.

Steve

Last edited by Jacko (11-18-2008 08:56:56)

Steve Jackson

#11 11-18-2008 09:15:57

Dave

You've already installed everything "from scratch" from your description of what you did with the installer.  There is something wrong that's beyond, and not related to, CCP going on here.  You need someone from our team or Howard to take a closer look for you and the best way to do that is via a support ticket Steve.

#12 11-18-2008 09:19:20

Jacko
Website

Just one quick question Dave

Are you meant to delete the data before re installing the cart so it goes into clean directories or will it really overwrite the files as a lot of my orifinal files were still there mate.

Cheers for this

Steve

Steve Jackson

#13 11-18-2008 09:30:27

Dave

If you told the installer to overwrite things it will replace whatever is there with the same name.

#14 11-18-2008 09:36:00

Jacko
Website

Awesome Dave,

I think in this case then it's now down to Howard and his guys. I'll get a ticket and see what they can do for me. Many thanks for your help and advise,  If it's something that can be explained on the forum I'll see if Howard can reply with any info to help anyone if they experience similar.

Thanks for all your help mate.

Steve

Steve Jackson

#15 11-18-2008 09:39:50

Dave

You may also open a  directly with Kryptronic if you'd like.

#16 11-18-2008 09:45:24

Jacko
Website

Hi Dave,
Yes if thats O.K, then if I open the 24 hour one you guys will have longer to work than Howard in the U.K. I'll do that next after I have had a cup of Tea and calmed down. All this excitement is no good for the ticker lol.

Cheers Mate

Steve

Steve Jackson

#17 11-18-2008 10:10:34

Jacko
Website

Paid and submitted basic ticket with info.

Thanks again Dave, much appreciated mate.

Steve

Steve Jackson

#18 11-18-2008 10:18:19

Dave

Check your mail please.

#19 11-18-2008 10:39:07

Jacko
Website

Sorry was drinking my tea and didn't expect it to be that quick mate.

Replied and thanks for the speedy response.

Steve

Steve Jackson

#20 03-10-2009 18:16:14

picstart

I have just encountered the same problem as above did anyone cure this?

we now have customers unable to use our cart due to this

If it helps i am logging in to my account in online store and it is logging me straight out which is why i cannot see any products

Last edited by picstart (03-10-2009 18:23:53)

"It may be my worst nightmare at present..... but soon it will be my dream"

#21 03-11-2009 04:34:02

Jacko
Website

Hi picstart,

The only solution that worked for me was to delete all the directories and the files. Then start with a completely blank server and start from scratch with uploading all my files ( 5 installer files  I think ) and doing a complete re-install of the cart. Then I copied over my back up of the altered files like skin files and core files I'd modded and then at the install step I pointed it to the original database I had and it worked fine with everything back to how it was. The good news is it didn't touch the database.

I still think it was my provider changing something without a) telling me or asking my permission.
                                                                                    b) doing some changes to the shared hosting server that my website was on. They only admitted this to me
                                                                                        much later. They also still said that it was nothing to do with them.

I didn't make any changes prior to it going down so I think you should check with your hosting provider and then if you get no joy with them try a complete re-install then overwrite it with your files from backup. I even did an overwrite of the files from the installer.php choosing to overwrite all the core files and pear files and application files, which didn't cure it nor did just restoring my backup of the entire website I had on my p.c. This is what leads me to think it was provider change or error, as surely overwriting the site completely with an earlier known good backup or completely overwriting the cart with it's own installer routine would in my opinion have given me at least a functioning cart minus mods or own skin.

I couldn't actually even see my admin page. Everything was blank. So before you do anything drastic, I would just wait for Fire Service to arrive ( Morning Dave ), He may have  an idea if you describe in more detail what you can see, get access to or see but get logged out of quickly. It may not be quite the same error as mine. Hope you get sorted mate

Steve Jackson

#22 03-11-2009 04:43:11

Dave

What picstart describes doesn't sound like the situation you had Jacko.  If you are logging in to the store but getting logged out when you visit another page it sounds like a cookie problem.

#23 03-11-2009 04:46:22

Jacko
Website

Morning Dave,

Yep I definitely could not access any page whatsoever within my site or the admin.php page. Hopefully if he describes it in a bit more detail it will prove to be less disastrous than it sounds. Thanks for jumping in at this ungodly hour for you mate.

Steve Jackson

#24 03-11-2009 04:55:37

Dave

picstart wrote:

I have just encountered the same problem as above did anyone cure this?

we now have customers unable to use our cart due to this

If it helps i am logging in to my account in online store and it is logging me straight out which is why i cannot see any products

A URL to the site in question would be helpful so we can see exactly what is going on.  As I mentioned in another post what you describe doesn't quite sound the same as what Jacko was seeing.

#25 03-11-2009 04:56:13

Dave

Jacko wrote:

Thanks for jumping in at this ungodly hour for you mate.

Why it's the middle of the day already smile  5:55 AM smile

• Index
  •  » ClickCartPro 6
  •  » website and admin page are blank in firefox and activity shows done.

Board footer