Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-12-2008 06:07:14

Lin

How can I add a payment method by myself please?

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can add a payment method by myself, which should be same as to the cheque payment method? as I am currently using HSBC- Payment Form, but people want to pay by paypal account. So I want to add our paypal account information there as a one more payment method selection. Any response would be highly appreiated. Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Lin

#2 11-12-2008 12:44:08

rachaelseven
Website

Re: How can I add a payment method by myself please?

If you want to add PayPal, why not just activate the PayPal payment method?  All you have to do is go to the PayPal Standard Method, set it to active, and put your email address (account) in the marked location of the form content.  That's certainly the easy way (like less than 2 minutes) to deal with it.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 11-12-2008 19:11:04

Lin

Hi Rachael,

Thanks.

#4 12-30-2008 11:58:02

Lin

Hi Rachael,

Sorry to continue on this topic again, as I have added the Paypal Standard Method as an additional payment method into our website which is very similar to the Cheque payment method, but we found that even a customer hasn't paid the amount of a order yet from his/her paypal account he/she still can get an email confirmation from us such as:

Order Number:               ORD200812111
Date:                       11/12/2008
Time:                       16:10:44

IP Address:                 82.155.152.2
Referring URL:              Not Applicable
Account ID:                 Not Applicable
Affiliate Code:             Not Applicable

Payment Method:             PayPal (Standard Method) - Payment Form

Do you have any idea for us to change the Status from Pending Shipment to Pending Payment please?
Because we only want a customer who has paid the amount of a order from his/her paypal account to our paypal account, then his/her order is successful otherwise his/her order is still in the pending payment status.

Your any response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Lin

#5 12-30-2008 12:03:53

rachaelseven
Website

Most PayPal payments are instant, so the change of status is normally ok.  Unfortunately, CCP can't tell the difference between a successful instant payment and a successful pending payment (like an eCheck that hasn't cleared) - PayPal just sends back a success response and the response is the same for either situation.  So what I do is watch my incoming PayPal emails and change the order status back to pending manually.  The 'Pending Shipment' notation in the customer's order confirmation email really shouldn't be a problem - if they've paid by eCheck, they should be smart enough to realize you won't ship until it's cleared.  That's how I handle it, anyway.  Anything more technical than that will get pretty involved very quickly and would best be left to a professional mod (Stephen at cartmod.com).

Rachael Katz

#6 12-30-2008 18:58:31

Lin

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, my current way is same as you said by watching my paypal account to see if a payment has arrived, but sometimes some customers still send emails to ask why their status are pending even they knew they haven't paid yet, which are annoyed me.  If I can change the confirmation email to the same format of the cheque payment method, that would be greatful. I have just checked my cheque payment method, the confirmation email is as follows:

Order Number:         ORD200812302
Date:                       30/12/2008
Time:                       23:35:46

IP Address:                 149.254.200.195
Referring URL:              Not Applicable
Account ID:                 Not Applicable
Affiliate Code:             Not Applicable

Payment Method:             Cheque Payment 

can you kindly enough tell me which file/files I should look at for the  cheque payment method response code then probably I can make a copy to the paypal payment method as well, because in our website I have copied the cheque payment method into the paypal payment method?

Thank you,

Best regards,
Lin

#7 12-30-2008 19:36:49

rachaelseven
Website

You don't need to modify any files.  Just go into the admin and modify the settings for the PayPal Standard payment method.  Find the setting entitled "Perform Order Updates (Status, Inventory, Commissions, Downloads, Shipper Email, Stats, Discount Codes)" and change it to "No".  But be aware that in addition to not changing the status, it also won't update the inventory, send the drop shipper email, update the discount code, etc.  You will have to do all of those manual using the update functions on the order details page for every order.  In addition, those customers that did pay are going to be pretty upset when the get an email that says their order is "Pending Payment".  But anyway, that's how you do it if you want to.

Rachael Katz

#8 12-31-2008 07:46:20

Lin

Hi Rachael thanks for your instruction, that's very helpful. Thank you.

Have a wonderful new year.

Best regards,
Lin

Board footer