Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-09-2008 20:37:46

stage

corrupt trackitem.csv

My trackitem.csv file has a corrupt line 2.  The first line (headers) is fine, and the 3rd line and all after it are fine.

Can I just ftp download this file, delete the bad line, and then ftp upload it?  Or do I fix it another way?

There are 5695 lines in this file, and this table is in CSV mode.  I expect that's a bad combination.  I should convert it to MySQL mode after I delete the corrupt entry?

Pursuant to that, the only tables that are set for MySQL mode are Categories and Products.  All the rest are in CSV mode.  Is that typical?  Should I convert the bigger tables to MySQL?  Should I convert ALL tables to MySQL?

Thanks,
Nathan

#2 10-10-2008 07:33:36

rachaelseven
Website

Re: corrupt trackitem.csv

FTP download, line delete, and upload is a fine method to fix the file, as long as that line doesn't contain any data that you actually need.  Be sure to transfer the CSV file in BINARY mode to keep the table integrity.  Most people who have access to a MySQL database would run the tracking and trackitem tables in MySQL mode - it will speed up the checkout process as well as making it faster to access the orders in the admin.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

Board footer