Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-05-2008 19:56:38

dstrand
Website

Need specific error message for checkout

Hi,
I've been using CCP5.1 for 2 years now, and am very happy with it.  However, one thing that keeps popping up is that when the occasional customer misses a required field on the checkout process, they receive the following error message;
"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Is there any way to make this message more specific, so that they know which checkout field they missed, or entered incorrectly?  What ends up happening, is that they tend to make a second attempt, and if they make the same error again, they assume the store's not working, and give up or send me a nasty email.

Thanks for your help!
Dave

Dave

#2 10-05-2008 21:31:58

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Need specific error message for checkout

An internal server error should not be caused by a customer failing to fill in a required field - that does mean the store wasn't working for some reason and there is nothing to be done to make the error more specific, since anything you put in the code to give more information won't run if the server errors out.  I just tested your site (assuming it's the one in your signature) and could not replicate that problem.  You will need to see the server error logs (check with your host if you don't know how or don't have access) to find out something more specific about what caused the problem.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

Board footer