Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-02-2008 11:40:23

jonsidneyb

Script Execution Error

Here is a message that I get when trying to connect to the admin area of my store.

Script Execution Error
The following error was just encountered:

DBI connect('host=216.227.209.128;database=jsbur2_shopCCP51','jsbur2_adminCCP5',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '216.227.209.128' (110) at /home/jsbur2/public_html/jsburlysflashlights/cgi-bin/ccp51/library/common/database.pl line 232

This happens when I use this URL

http://www.jsburlysflashlights.com/cgi- … -admin.cgi

When I try this url http://jsburlysflashlights.com/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi

I get this

Script Execution Error

DBI connect('host=216.227.209.128;database=jsbur2_shopCCP51','jsbur2_adminCCP5',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '216.227.209.128' (110) at /home/jsbur2/public_html/jsburlysflashlights/cgi-bin/ccp51//library/common/database.pl line 232

When I try this URL I get this 

http://jsburlysflashlights.com/

J.S. Burly's Flashlights...coming soon!

--------------------------------------------------

I did not build this store but hired it done.  I simply add items and run it.

I did hire someone to take a look at the store to see what might be wrong.  They tell me that they could not find a username in there???

Any ideas?  I need this data for the IRS and to keep things running.

I am also interested in trying to figure out if the database is still there.

Thanks
Jon

#2 10-02-2008 11:44:59

Dave

Re: Script Execution Error

You should be able to confirm whether or not the database is present through your hosting providers control panel Jon.  The failure you are seeing usually indicates that there is a problem with the MySQL server especially if everything was working fine and the error just popped up.  It's probably worth contacting your hosting provider to see if they are experiencing a MySQL problem.

#3 10-02-2008 11:53:12

jonsidneyb

I have a dedicated server that I run on.  2 forums and the store run on this server.  I contacted the host and they told me that everything was fine with the sql server.

The problem popped up a couple of days ago.  Things have been running fine for a couple of years.

On the data base, I have had to hire people to build things for me.  What am I looking for to find this database.

#4 10-02-2008 12:11:58

Dave

If it is really a MySQL database there's nothing to really "see" Jon.  Under the hood MySQL stores things in files of course but they aren't something you can look at and manipulate.  If your dedicated server has a control panel look for something on it related to MySQL and, in particular, phpMyAdmin.

Since you're using a dedicated server did the IP address change by any chance?  The error message seems to indicate that it's trying to connect to a specific IP address and if the address of your server changed it would explain why the connection failure is happening.

#5 10-02-2008 12:13:26

Dave

jonsidneyb wrote:

When I try this URL I get this 

http://jsburlysflashlights.com/

J.S. Burly's Flashlights...coming soon!

You're getting that because there is a redirect to the store getting triggered.  Under normal circumstances that message would only show up briefly but with the problems you are having it's staying visible longer while CCP tries, and fails, to connect to the MySQL server.

#6 10-02-2008 12:15:07

jonsidneyb

I have had the same IP address for over a year.

The only reason I was asking about the SQL was that someone I hired to look at this said that the username was removed for the software database????

Not sure what he exactly means by this.

#7 10-02-2008 12:16:26

jonsidneyb

I did get told that it was a hardwired or hardscripted username?

#8 10-02-2008 12:17:47

Dave

If the user for MySQL had been removed you would expect to see an authentication failure not a connection failure.  You MIGHT get an authentication failure once the connection failure is corrected but that would be a separate problem.

Regarding the IP address, whether or not you've had that address for over a year it may be worth checking to make sure it is still correct.  Depending on the control panel on your server you may be able to find out what it is without contacting your provider.

#9 10-02-2008 12:33:18

jonsidneyb

I will contact the host again and see what they tell me.

If the host thinks it is still a software problem can you recommend someone to hire to take a look at it?

#10 10-02-2008 12:42:26

Dave

I can't but when Rachael sees this thread she might have other ideas for things you can check and possibly recommend someone.

#11 10-02-2008 12:46:03

rachaelseven
Website

It might help to reset the database connection, in case there is a credentials problem.  You will need to know the database username and password as set up in your hosting control panel.  If you don't know what they are or how to find them, check with your host.  To reset the credentials in CCP without losing your data, you should reference .  Beyond that, I have no obvious things to check and would have to suggest you contact Stephen at cartmod.com if you need professional support.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#12 10-02-2008 12:51:01

rachaelseven
Website

P.S. - You will also need the database name and hostname.  'localhost' usually works for the hostname in most installations.

Rachael Katz

#13 10-02-2008 13:12:12

jonsidneyb

I got this message from my host.

Hi,

Just let them know that your forum is running on the same MYSQL server and it has no issues wink

My forum is running fine so I am guessing the sql server is fine.

The username and password that the people that looked at it said it would have been inside of clickcart.

I have been using 2 logins to clickcart.  That is what I understand is missing.

#14 10-02-2008 13:21:52

jonsidneyb

When I log into the server I am using root.

I do know the admin password and name for clickcart.  Is that possibly what they are talking about?

Last edited by jonsidneyb (10-02-2008 13:36:47)

#15 10-02-2008 15:10:17

rachaelseven
Website

I don't think so.  Within CCP, you have to set the username and password for the database so that CCP can talk to the MySQL server.  Each database can have its own username/password, which probably is not the same as your root login or FTP login and should not be the same as your CCP admin login information either.  Generally this is set through the control panel of your host.  What you need to know is the information for the MySQL database.  Specifically:

1. MySQL hostname.  'localhost' usually works, but it might be a specific IP or even a host name, depending on your server's configuration.

2. Database name.  This can be anything, but is often something cryptic with a bunch of underscores.  Looking at your error message, it seems to be set to 'jsbur2_shopCCP51' in CCP currently, although that may or may not be correct.

3. Username for the database.  This is the name of an authorized user for the database.  Again, this is not the same as your root login, FTP login, etc.  It would be the same login you use to access phpMyAdmin, if your host offers that utilty.

4. Password for the database.  This is the password that matches the username as described in 3.

If this information is not set correctly within CCP, which could well be the problem here, it will have to be reset using the instructions in .

Rachael Katz

#16 10-03-2008 00:08:33

jonsidneyb

Thanks Rachael,

I will pass that link on to the people working on this for me.

I talked to one of the guys earlier today again.  He told me it was something about a username and password that was created during the initial install.  It was communicating with SQL for at least a couple of years now.  When they went and looked they said that they found no users in the database.  When they tried to find it in ClickCart I was told that information was incripted and they could not find away to change it.

Since I hired the store created I am guessing that information might not have been passed along to me.  I checked all my emails from the person that created the store and found only the things that I actually use.

It was suggested to me that I might be able to have them reinstall the software then try the database on it after creating a new user.

I am thinking that link you posted might address this issue?

We will see what happens
Thanks
Jon

#17 10-04-2008 00:19:21

jonsidneyb

Maybe this will get me pointed in the right direction.

What is  RDBMS ?

#18 10-04-2008 01:45:11

jonsidneyb

Still do not have this figured out.  Going to put what I know in a nutshell.

I have 2 forums and ClickCartPro 5.1 running on a dedicated server.

ClickCart I found after checking was installed by Kryptronic

It was working fine until very recently. 

Script Execution Error

DBI connect('host=216.227.209.128;database=jsbur2_shopCCP51','jsbur2_adminCCP5',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '216.227.209.128' (110) at /home/jsbur2/public_html/jsburlysflashlights/cgi-bin/ccp51/library/common/database.pl line 232

This happens when I use this URL

http://www.jsburlysflashlights.com/cgi- … -admin.cgi

The sql server seems to be fine as the forums are still running fine and the host says everything is ok.  The ip address has not changed.  WHM had not been logged onto in over a month before this problem happened so I had not changed anything from before to after the problem happened.

I have hired out people to try and fix this.

The way I understand it there is an encrypted username and password during the install.  (I have not become confused about what this username and password would be called).  The database the way I understand it would have a username and password that matches what is encrypted in ClickCartPro when it was installed. 

I am told that the username is gone...none there anymore.  ClickCartPro is looking for a specific username where there is no longer one????  Don't know what happened to it???

I am told that this would be something that could be fixed if we could get ClickCartPro to open but we can't since we don't know the username and password that ClickCartPro is looking for.

I hope I am explaining this correctly.

Any ideas on how we can fix this???

#19 10-04-2008 07:36:33

rachaelseven
Website

Ok, let's try to back up and make sure we're all talking about the same thing.  There are several different username/password combinations and we need to not mix ourselves up. 

There is the CCP admin username and password.  That is the one you would type in when you visit http://www.jsburlysflashlights.com/cgi- … admin.cgi.  That username/password is NOT the problem.

Then there is the username/password that lets you into the database.  These credentials are stored inside CCP and would not normally need to be entered by you at all.  The only time you would use these credentials yourself is if you were accessing phpMyAdmin or some other utility for directly accessing the database.  This is probably the username/password that is screwed up.  To fix this, your host will have to take the following steps:

1. Create new database access credentials or take note of the ones that are there.
2. Enter those credentials into CCP according to Nick's instructions:

Nick wrote:

(1) Login via FTP and get a backup copy of the ./data/tables/tables.csv file.  Store that in a directory locally called 'backup'.

(2) Get another copy of that file and store that in a directory locally called 'test'.

(3) In your 'test' copy, do a find and replace on the term ',ALT,'.  Replace with ',CSV,'.

(4) Upload the test copy to the ./data/tables directory in BINARY mode.

(5) Use CCP admin to configure a connection to the SQL server - it will let you now because it believes all tables are in CSV mode.  Enter in your new user/pass now.  Verify a connection could be made.

(6) Upload the backup (original) copy of tables.csv to the ./data/tables directory in BINARY mode.

That should get you going again, if the problem is in fact the database credentials.

Rachael Katz

#20 10-04-2008 23:07:39

jonsidneyb

I have passed on that information to who is trying to fix the store.  I also contacted the host again. 

This host sent me this "A username/password combination doesn't just 'change' itself..."  I have no idea how to respond to that one.

Still makes me wonder if I was hacked and someone was messing with stuff.  I just don't know.

If it turns out if the people I have hired are unable to get the store up an running would this work?

If I purchased an upgrade of ClickCartPro would the custom shipping fields, transaction data, all the other stuff transfer over intact?  I don't know if the upgrade would solve the SQL problem or not?

#21 10-05-2008 09:04:01

rachaelseven
Website

They're right, of course... usernames and passwords don't change themselves.  However, it seems far more likely in this case that someone made a configuration mistake on the server than that you were hacked.  I'd need to see more than a database error to think hacking attempt.

As far as the upgrade being the solution, I cannot say since I am not fluent in version 6.1 myself.  Hopefully Dave will jump in here and answer that question for us.

Rachael Katz

#22 10-05-2008 14:39:04

jonsidneyb

I am curious how a configuration mistake could happen?  I have not changed anything, the host says he has not changed anything.  The people hired tells me that the username is completely missing.  This is a bit confusing to me so not sure about anything.

#23 10-05-2008 19:06:33

rachaelseven
Website

Well obviously someone changed something.  If it wasn't you, it was probably the host.  Perhaps they did an upgrade to the server or something, but they are certainly correct that things don't just change themselves.  Did you get it sorted?

Rachael Katz

#24 10-05-2008 19:14:03

jonsidneyb

Nope, still down.

I am waiting to hear back from the host again.

#25 10-06-2008 06:15:52

Dave

jonsidneyb wrote:

If I purchased an upgrade of ClickCartPro would the custom shipping fields, transaction data, all the other stuff transfer over intact?  I don't know if the upgrade would solve the SQL problem or not?

With or without the upgrade the SQL situation needs to get resolved.  If you migrate to version 6 the current information is going to be required and things working to be able to migrate your 5.1 store and data.  Version 6 requires an SQL database to function so it's probably best to try and get to the bottom of the SQL problem first then consider migrating (which I would highly recommend since 5.1 isn't supported any longer except through these fora and, mostly, Rachael).

Board footer