Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-26-2008 09:51:35

McGrats

Product items unavailable after upgrade

Although I'm still running my store under CCP51, I purchased CCP60 last year and am only now brining it up to speed (version wise) and checking it out before switching over.

Yesterday, I upgraded my CCP60 to the latest version and all seemed to go well... at least that's what the messages indicated.

But today, I began checking out various items and found the products unavailable for modification. They appear in the store catalog, I can select them and place them in my shopping cart, but I can not modify them through the admin panel. Instead, I receive the following message:

"ClickCartPro :: Manage Online Store Products

There was a processing problem encountered while processing your request. Please try again later."

Any help will be appreciated!

Jack Koenig
OrderDepartment.com

#2 09-26-2008 09:53:42

Dave

Re: Product items unavailable after upgrade

Check your product identifiers and make sure that they do not have spaces or other special characters such as slash (/), question mark (?), etc.  You may have to export the product table to correct them given the error you are seeing.

#3 09-26-2008 10:21:24

McGrats

Although I thought I was careful not to use any special characters, God only knows! I guess I'll have to export the product list and do a thorough examination.

The only "export" routines I can find are those exporting to Peachtree and QB. Are these what you're referring to?

Jack Koenig
OrderDepartment.com

#4 09-26-2008 10:30:56

dh783
Website

In the Navigation Menu go to Application Selector > Kryptronic Hybrid X Core when in the X Core page then go to Home > Kryptronic Hybrid X Core > Database: Connections, Backups and Raw Admin > Raw Database Admin and click on export for the ccp0_prod database.

John

#5 09-26-2008 10:54:31

McGrats

Got it!

Thanks for everyone's help!

What I found is that when I assigned new sort codes using the pre-updated system, they somehow "migrated" to the product number field (prodnum) where they became right justified. I'll re-enter the correct number and make certain they're left justified before re-importing.

Anything I should watch out for?

Jack Koenig
OrderDepartment.com

#6 09-26-2008 11:32:34

dh783
Website

When editing your products in a spread sheet you need to make sure the file type you save it in is useable by ccp when imported so testing one or two products is a good idea before you do the whole database. Also you will need to clear out or delete the current database in ccp as importing will not update or change an items id, it will only update the other fields in existing items or add new ones.

John

#7 09-26-2008 13:15:48

McGrats

Thanks!

There are only 7 bad items so it shouldn't be a big deal (on my part).

If after changing and hitting the "Save" button, shouldn't Excel save them in the same format as I imported them?

Jack Koenig
OrderDepartment.com

#8 09-26-2008 14:40:43

dh783
Website

If you only have 7 bad items then you may not want to delete the whole database then. The file type sometime depends on how you have Excel set up and or what OS system you are using.

John

#9 09-26-2008 15:59:38

Dave

The actual file type doesn't matter but the format of it certainly does.  There's no hard and fast rule that says the extension has to be CSV.

#10 09-26-2008 18:01:15

McGrats

John wrote: "If you only have 7 bad items then you may not want to delete the whole database then. The file type sometime depends on how you have Excel set up and or what OS system you are using"

Okay, since I only have 7 products that are in an error state, maybe I can go into the file and change them manually. Since I can't access them via the Admin panel, where can I find the file on my server (it's name and directory)?

Jack Koenig
OrderDepartment.com

#11 09-26-2008 18:49:12

dh783
Website

Your choices are either clone the item and give it a good id and then delete the bad one, use a database management script like myphpadmin to edit the database or as stated above export the database.

John

Last edited by dh783 (09-26-2008 18:49:51)

#12 09-26-2008 20:13:36

McGrats

To make a long story short, I deleted each offending item in the Data Overview section at the following location: Home > Kryptronic Hybrid X Core > Database: Connections, Backups and Raw Admin > Raw Database Admin

Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem although the items have been deleted. Any suggestions?

Jack Koenig
OrderDepartment.com

#13 09-26-2008 20:15:18

McGrats

One other thought: can I export the items from my functionaing CCP51, delete the file in CCP60, and import the CCP51 items into CCP60?

Jack Koenig
OrderDepartment.com

#14 09-27-2008 08:20:28

dh783
Website

The column names are not the same between 5.1 and 6 so a direct import is not possible with out the use of the importer-ccp51 script which if you used it in the first place did not get those item correct probably do to something in the id's.

John

#15 09-27-2008 12:40:54

McGrats

I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and re-import a corrected, exported product list. Do I have to delete the entire product base item by item, or do I delete the file itself?

If I'm to delete the file itself, do I do it through the Admin panel or go into the system using CUTE and delete it there?

If I'm to go into the system using CUTE to delete the file, which directory is it in?

Thanks for your help.

Jack Koenig

#16 09-27-2008 13:16:45

dh783
Website

The item are in your database where ever your service provider as it. You can not do anything directly to or with the database unless you service provider a given you access through something like myphpadmin or some other program or even SSH or FTP access. In ccp's admin panel you can click on Browse for ccp0_prod at Home > Kryptronic Hybrid X Core > Database: Connections, Backups and Raw Admin > Raw Database Admin where you can update, clone, delete an item. You can also select to do an SQL statement there like

Code:

Delete From ccp0_prod

which will totally remove all item in the product database. Once you use the sql statement above the information in the database will be gone forever so you need to be careful when using statements like this unless you have a backup of your information.

John

#17 09-27-2008 14:12:09

McGrats

John, if I delete the DB as described above, will the software generate a new shell that I import into? Or do I just import the exported (and modified) ccp0_prod?

Thanks for following through with me on this!

Jack Koenig

#18 09-27-2008 15:23:49

dh783
Website

It wont delete the ccp0_database itself but will remove the information contained within it. In the Raw Database admin you will still see the ccp_prod database and the links like Browse, Maintain, import, export etc.... When you have deleted the items in the database then you only need to click on import, select the file you want and submit. You need to make sure that all the column are present in the import file which mean if you export the list to work on you need to make sure that all column names have been selected for export. The export function will let you export any number of the columns but the import wants all columns present in the file or it will error out.

Now you can also to a limited delete form the database if you know the id of the item or what I do sometimes is when working on the information I will use a field to set something that is not normal for ccp to use. In the case where I only have a few item to change  I will create the item in the spread sheet as I want it, in the bad item I will place DELETE in the field for (example) prodnum, import the the file into ccp and then run an sql statement to just remove the product I want removed like

Code:

DELETE From ccp0_prod WHERE prodnum='DELETE'

which will only remove those item which have the word DELETE in there field which usually contains the product number. Now the word delete in this example doesn't have to be in capitols, I only did that to make it stand out, it just has to be something that you know is not in that field any where but for the items you want to remove.

John

#19 09-27-2008 19:00:07

McGrats

Sorry, it didn't make a hill of beans. I deleted the database as directed, checked to insure it contained no items, and imported the previously exported and corrected database.

It looks like I'll really have to bite the bullet and create a new database, one item at a time <groan>.

Thanks anyway!

Jack Koenig

#20 09-27-2008 19:06:21

dh783
Website

Did the file import or did you get an error message?

John

#21 09-27-2008 19:07:21

McGrats

Now we have a MAJOR problem!

After deleting the ccp0_prod database, I attempted to begin re-entering the information by using the "insert" function found at "Home > ClickCartPro > Catalog: Categories, Products and Options > Manage Online Store Product.

But even now, I receive the same message: "ClickCartPro :: Manage Online Store Products - There was a processing problem encountered while processing your request. Please try again later."

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

This is getting to be VERY old and discouraging. Can it be escalated to Nick?

Jack Koenig

#22 09-27-2008 19:55:04

dh783
Website

The only time I have seen that error on the ClilckCartPro side when trying to insert a product is when I had edited a column definition for a field in the product page which I don't believe you have done. Deleting the items in the product database would not have caused this. If all else fails you can always re-run the installer and choose to install the database on step 13. With out getting to see the information in the database it is going to be hard to help.

Go back to the Raw Database Admin and see if any thing show up in the ccp_prod database or at least run the delete sql statement again for ccp0_prod. If the import didn't work then you more than likley had it saved in a file that wasn't in a csv format that ccp needs but you would have gotten a error message.

If you can get to your private directory files you can turn on the debug feature which will give you a lot of information on the problem.

You can contact Kryptronic if you want more help if needed and maybe Dave will have some idea on why the add item to the product database is failing.

Last edited by dh783 (09-27-2008 19:55:57)

#23 09-27-2008 20:57:36

McGrats

I once again did a delete and checked the DB: it was empty. In the process I received the following messages:

I used the delete function as previously described and received the following message:
Thank you. The following SQL statement was executed: DELETE from ccp0_prod

I then checked the database using the browse option and was given the message: “Data Overview - Currently there are no items in the database to display.”

I then went to: “Home > ClickCartPro > Catalog: Categories, Products and Options > Manage Online Store Products” and received the same message. So at least theoretically, the DB is empty.

I then attempted to insert a new item using the “insert” option found at: “Home > ClickCartPro > Catalog: Categories, Products and Options > Manage Online Store Products´and once again received the message: “Home > ClickCartPro > Catalog: Categories, Products and Options > Manage Online Store Products”.

I used CUTE to browse my files on the server, but couldn't locate the debug feature. Is there a specific place I should look?

Jack Koenig

Last edited by McGrats (09-27-2008 20:58:14)

#24 09-27-2008 21:25:16

dh783
Website

The debug function has to be turned on in your private_dir/khxc/core/KHXC/KHXC.php file. You can find instructions here in the wiki http://wiki.kryptronic.com/CoreDebugger .

When you first tried to import your file what error did you get if any?

John

Last edited by dh783 (09-28-2008 10:29:28)

#25 09-28-2008 09:14:59

McGrats

The uprage from 5.1 to 6.0 was done by someone on your staff, so the original import was done by him.

If you mean the import from the recently exported and "cleaned" file, it gave no error message, but said it imported successfully.

Jack Koenig

Last edited by McGrats (09-28-2008 09:15:48)

Board footer