Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-08-2008 21:04:19

posnpretty
Website

Question about Category displays

When a category is empty of products, will it still display in the menus? If so, is there a way to have it NOT display in the menus, other than manually removing the category?

Thanks,
Cyndi

#2 09-08-2008 21:12:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Question about Category displays

You can make the category viewable by only administrators and superusers.  That way you can add products to it and continue to work with it but your customers won't see it - until you're ready for them to.

Nick Hendler

#3 09-08-2008 21:25:56

posnpretty
Website

Re: Question about Category displays

In my situation, I will need certain categories to not display once they no longer have any products (all products have sold).

The reason being that I will be using the "category" designation for my clothing items, and listing the color options as products with size options, in order to have inventory control at the option level (per James of Kryptronic Support). Since I carry mostly one-of-a-kind clothing items, once a "category" is empty of products, I will not be using that category again. I realize I can remove such "categories", but was just wondering about the normal behavior of the cart when categories are empty.

Thanks,
Cyndi

Board footer