Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-25-2008 10:14:51

makesachange
Website

(Paid) SEO assistance needed

Hi,

I am looking for some help with SEO if possible. 

Specifically I need:

- Someone to work with me to go through wwwmakesachange.co.uk to explain how to take advantage of the SEO features in the Sales and Marketing mod that I have purchased.  My product pages are frequently not being listed on SEs and therefore I am concluding that they are not being spidered correctly.

- Explaining how to use the Froogle (etc) intergration as the instructions are incomprehensible.

- Checking to see if my sitemap is functioning and if not, what to do to fix it.

I am NOT looking for ongoing SE optimisation as I am already working with the lovely people at wwwsimpleusability.co.uk on this.  I just need to know how to make the most of the SEO functions within CCP which are supposed to be excellent but are just not working for me at all.

If there is something straight forward that I am missing, I would really be grateful for comments.  However, if this is something which will take time to go through then I am of course very happy to pay for your time.

Thank you very much,
Emma

The Organic and Fair Trade Baby Boutique

#2 07-25-2008 10:31:34

makesachange
Website

Re: (Paid) SEO assistance needed

(I've just posted this onto the SEO forum but, and apologies for cross posting, I'm wondering if it's more a match for this post).

I was just looking into this again and I'm wondering whether the reason that my rankings have dropped is this.

Most of the pages that Google has listed for me, go to pages which are no longer there.  But, there's no 404 error, but there is a dynamically generated page from CCP saying that there are no items to display:

http://www.makesachange.co.uk/gbu0-cats … .html.html

Now, the Fluffle (nappy) is one we no longer sell, so this is actually correct.  However, there are other items which I have changed the product name of to attempt to improve Google listings, meaning that the original product is still available but under a different name, therefore a different URL.

But, Google won't know this, it will just get to the page, see no text on it to do with the keyword, therefore drop me down the rankings.

What's the solution?  Replace this page with a basic 404 so Google drops it?  I would prefer CCP to be able to dynamically take the customer to a "similar sounding" page.  Is this possible?

Some of these items have not been available for over 6 months and I'm sure that Google is not that long changing its database.

Emma

#3 07-25-2008 17:04:06

ZipSkins
Website

What about a 301 redirect?

You can do this for any category or product pages which no longer exist and direct them to the replacements, after a couple of months you should be able to rmeove the redirect as google rmeoves the page form it's cache altugh it ownt hurt to leave the 301 redirect in place.

| Professional Quality Customisable Skins for your ClickCartPro Powered Site

-----------------------------
Certified Support Partner

#4 07-28-2008 03:09:28

west4
Website

(I've just posted this onto the SEO forum but, and apologies for cross posting, I'm wondering if it's more a match for this post).

WHERES THE SEO FORUM?

Bruce

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#5 07-28-2008 08:02:54

makesachange
Website

ZipSkins wrote:

What about a 301 redirect?

You can do this for any category or product pages which no longer exist and direct them to the replacements, after a couple of months you should be able to rmeove the redirect as google rmeoves the page form it's cache altugh it ownt hurt to leave the 301 redirect in place.

I would like to do this.  Can you tell me how to?  Do I do it for each page, or can I set CCP to auto-redirect to similar products?

Thanks,
Emma

#6 07-28-2008 08:36:46

makesachange
Website

west4 wrote:

WHERES THE SEO FORUM?

Bruce

If you go to Index of forums, then look at the top of the list.  It's called General E-Commerce Discussion and there's stuff about SEO there, as opposed to it being specifically a SEO forum.

Sorry for the confusion.
Emma

#7 08-08-2008 12:21:57

sushisushi
Website

Hi if you go to you .htaccess file you need to enter

301 http://www.yoursite.html newpage.html

put one on each line for each page you want to redirect, google 301 redirects to get the copy and paste solution. It worked for me

if you go to wwwsushisushi.co.uk

you get instantly forwarded to wwwsushisushi.co.uk/store

this is my click cart directory you see!

Buy sushi making ingredients, sushi party kits and Japanese food at wwwsushisushi.co.uk

Board footer