Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-25-2008 10:08:31

makesachange
Website

Guest checkout query

I am concerned about the checkout system on CCP6.

I really detest checkouts which force you to enter a password, and didn't upgrade to CCP6 until the option of guest checkout was added.

However, it bothers me that returning customers who have previously registered but have forgotten their password cannot quickly checkout.  IE, if an email address is associated with an account, guest checkout is not an option.

Has anyone done a workaround to allow registered email address users to guest checkout?

Or, does anyone have any idea which source file I should look at to address this myself?

Thank you,

Emma

The Organic and Fair Trade Baby Boutique

#2 07-25-2008 10:53:09

dh783
Website

Re: Guest checkout query

As long as the user has a cookie set on there computer they should be taken to the checkout screen with out being asked to login (with guest checkout active), at least that is what happens on my site. The only problem I see with this is that it might not be the same person using the computer.

John

#3 07-25-2008 12:57:40

makesachange
Website

Re: Guest checkout query

The problem is that they can't choose guest checkout if they want to, say if they forgot their password.  The password retrieval option is fine for what it is, but why put barriers to sale in?

The Organic and Fair Trade Baby Boutique

Board footer