Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-09-2008 10:14:31

makaton
Website

Other applications

Hi,

In http://wiki.kryptronic.com/WhatIsTheKHXC, dated 21st Feb 2007, it says: "We're toying with the idea of releasing Wiki and Blog applications right now with a possible forum and a live chat down the line. Over the next year or so we should see two or three robust Kryptronic software applications available for the core in addition to CCP."

Has there been any progress with any of these, particularly the forum?

Andy

#2 04-09-2008 10:16:30

Dave

Re: Other applications

No there has not been.

#3 04-09-2008 10:31:35

makaton
Website

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Is there likely to be any progress this year or has developing other applications been postponed for the foreseeable future?

Andy

#4 04-09-2008 10:44:47

Dave

Impossible to answer Andy smile

#5 04-09-2008 14:26:39

TerryA
Website

I think what Dave is trying to say is that there may be something in work but they are not going to say anything because of past experience.  Kryptronic has given announcements in the past about upcoming releases and has given release dates that have not been met.  Nick has gotten pretty beaten up several times for this.  I am going to make a giant assumption here and guess that lessons have been learned!  All we can do is wait and see what happens.

#6 04-09-2008 15:44:08

macsoap

Terry, I'll be the first to agree that releasing any software product before it is ready to the public is worse than missing any announced date. I think what people are wondering is the long length of time and the silence concerning any future released products from Kryptronic. People new to CCP may not know the history of past releases and how missing a scheduled date Nick was hammered by eager CCP users.

I think people who read these forums and myself would like to be reassured that work is progressing behind the scenes for new functionality for CCP. If more time passes and still no news or module information people may get the wrong impression and feel that CCP is a product that is not maintained or updated. I do not believe this is the case, on the contrary I've suggest CCP to other web colleges looking to purchase an e-commerce solution. CCP is a great product but the silence is leading me to uncertainty and doubt.

Maybe Nick could post a comment on the forum letting the users know what type of work is taking place behind the scenes. Nothing that is to earth shattering, but to simply say I'm still alive and working on great things for CCP.

Board footer