Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-22-2008 10:35:10

CPPUK

H1 Tags / Title Tag / www. - Please help!

Hi!

Really impressed with CCP, once you get your head around everything it seems to click into place! Although the learning curve was hard it was worth it! (Coming from somebody who's used 10+ shopping carts over the last 18 months and spent £3000+ on finding the right one!). I'm sticking with CCP though, it probably was 'last chance saloon' before we'd have to give the job to a website design company! Eurgh! No offence to those, it's just I prefer to do things myself if you know what I mean!

Just wondered if anyone knew how to do these things, which are all very important in my opinion, especially the H1 tags smile

Code:

<p class="titleinline">Product Name Goes Here</p>

When I say an easy way basically I mean doing it so that you don't have to rip code out of 100 pages.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated and also would be of a benefit to others I'd imagine!

Cheers,

Steve

#2 02-22-2008 12:01:48

121NetDesign

Re: H1 Tags / Title Tag / www. - Please help!

Steve

Whos been reading up on SEO then? smile

1. Are you talking about the product detail view? If so, you need to modify the skin you are using for the product detail view.

Displays: Skins, Menus, XHTML Includes and Messages > Manage Catalog Product Displays: Detail View

Select your layout choice, sounds like you may be on 'default' and in the code look for the line

<p><strong><?php print $prodname; ?></strong></p>

and change it to

<h1><?php print $prodname; ?></h1>

2. Moving the title tag is a case of editing your skin.php file in the skin you are using. Displays: Skins, Menus, XHTML Includes and Messages > Manage Display Skins and click on update. Then select 'update' to the left of skin.php and then it is simply a case of moving the title tag to wherever you would like it placed within the head tags.

3. This will only happen if the link to your website, or your visitor types the address without using 'www'. If you link to your site including the www. or the visitor types www. it will remain the case.

Tommy

121 Net Design

Last edited by 121NetDesign (02-22-2008 12:03:17)

Tommy Lee

#3 02-22-2008 12:52:22

CPPUK

Hi Tommy,

Many, many thanks!

To be honest I wasn't expecting it to be so simple! It feels like I've already re-written the complete code so I'm always looking for the hard way! If you know what I mean smile

I'll try it out in a second but I know it will work!

I'm suprised that these things aren't standard as they are very useful!

Regarding the 'www.' problem. I've only had the site live for a few days and the big G has kindly indexed a few pages, but they're all appearing without the 'www.' infront, also when I'm navigating around the site myself every page is missing it aswell.

I know I'm being picky but I'd really like it to be there.

Any ideas?

PS. I'll PM you the website so you can have a look if you have time of course!

#4 02-22-2008 13:01:40

Dave

Run the installer and change your URL(s) to include the www.  To have it changed when people visit without it you'll need a rewrite rule (not at my development machine right now so can't post what it needs to be for you).  If you change the URLs with the installer every page will end up having the www so the only one you really need to worry about is the initial "hit" without it.

#5 02-22-2008 13:11:30

CPPUK

Hi Dave,

Many thanks.

Ran the installer and you were right, the 'www.' was missing!

I'm now happy!

Cheers,

Steve

#6 02-22-2008 13:29:15

BigDog
Website

Hey Steve, keep that "happy" smile  thought close by.

You will need it when you get frustrated trying to do something new "you just gotta have".  big_smile

Ain't this fun!  cool

#7 02-24-2008 13:01:02

Perkster
Website

I have used the below code in my .htaccess file to always make 'www' appear in url no matter what.. smile

Code:

# rewrite to www.linuxcdshop.com

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^linuxcdshop.com [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.linuxcdshop.com/$1 [R=301,L]

sub your domain name in place of mine...  Good luck..

Mike Perks
Linux CD Shop - /shop for Linux distributions

ReviewLinux.Com - Linux OS News & Review Site

Board footer