Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-14-2008 01:37:23

cooper

Product Inventory Relation to Selection Item Inventory

I've been trying to figure this out for a while -

I understand that you can set the inventory level on a product under 'Catalog: Categories, Products and Options > Manage Online Store Products' and you can also set the level for a selection item for a product under 'Catalog: Categories, Products and Options > Manage Product Option Selection Items' but here's my question: 

Let's say I sell t-shirts and i set my inventory level in "Manage Online Store Products" to 7
And now I set the level under "Product Selection Items" to 3 for 'Large' and 3 for 'Medium' considering those are the only two sizes I offer.

Will this change the 'Manage Online Store Products' to 6 automatically? If not, what happens to the last t-shirt?

When I use Product Option Selection item, does it look at the inventory level of the product or the selection items to decide when it's out of stock?

If anyone has information on how they relate to each other when they are both active that would be great.

#2 02-18-2008 04:32:39

Dave

Re: Product Inventory Relation to Selection Item Inventory

cooper wrote:

Let's say I sell t-shirts and i set my inventory level in "Manage Online Store Products" to 7
And now I set the level under "Product Selection Items" to 3 for 'Large' and 3 for 'Medium' considering those are the only two sizes I offer.

Will this change the 'Manage Online Store Products' to 6 automatically? If not, what happens to the last t-shirt?

No it won't.  When you update products or product selection options in admin one will not affect the other.  The "extra" shirt in the product inventory will still show as available.  If you use declining inventory for both products and product selection options you'll need to make sure that the quantities match/add up.

cooper wrote:

When I use Product Option Selection item, does it look at the inventory level of the product or the selection items to decide when it's out of stock?

Both the product and product selection items are checked when something is added or updated in the cart.  Either of those having insufficient inventory should trigger having the product removed from the cart and a message displayed.

#3 02-19-2008 00:25:43

cooper

thanks so much that cleared everything up

#4 06-27-2008 19:23:07

RSW

I would love to see an inventory editing 'grid' added to the system.
a sort of one stop shop for updating your inventory. just a thought.

Board footer