Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-20-2008 11:19:17

BigDog
Website

SEO software recommendations

I used a SEO package to scan my site and make recommendations. I will put a couple of them here and ask for comments.

1. <HEAD> area:   
<TITLE> tag   

1. Your Title tag is not the first tag in the <HEAD> area of your page! Your Title tag should be placed before all other tags, otherwise search engines may overlook it which will significantly damage your rankings.

2. Your Title tag has stop words! Words such as "and, on, a, the, for, to, about, are, that, were, by, of" and other auxiliary words are too common and search engines don't take them into consideration. By using a stop word in your Title tag, you potentially damage your rankings. A rule of thumb: the less stop words you use in your Title tag, the better.

Is is possible to do what is recommended without causing any problems in CCP? That is, moving the Title Tag?

2. <BODY> area:
First heading on the page (H1-H6)   

1. Your page either has no <H1> headings, or has no text in the first heading on the page! It is crucial that your keyword appears in one of these headings. We also recommend that you put an <H1> heading as close to the beginning of your page as possible. Search engines traditionally consider text in the headings to be essential, and having your keyword there will positively influence your website's overall optimality.

Any comments on this SEO software's recommendation?

#2 01-20-2008 12:30:11

Dave

Re: SEO software recommendations

BigDog wrote:

Is is possible to do what is recommended without causing any problems in CCP? That is, moving the Title Tag?

Should be fine to change the order of the tags in the head.

#3 01-20-2008 23:46:20

wyattea

I use H1 tags at the top of my page, but I use css to change their size/color/etc.  This isn't on my ccp site but it's doable with ccp (still working on ccp site so it isn't live but it'll have h1 tags high up). 

What software did you use to analyze your site?

James...

#4 01-21-2008 10:31:27

BigDog
Website

I used Web CEO 7.5

Still getting use to it. So many options and so many features. Right now I feel like I am using it like a rock when it really is a drill press/saw/lathe and computer in one package.

#5 04-29-2009 03:01:28

Zongoal

SEO Elite has got to be the most recommended SEO Tool on the market.

|  |  |  |  |

#6 04-29-2009 08:45:56

cyberws

SEO Elite is a power software tool for checking SEO stats.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

Board footer