Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-23-2007 09:11:25

morettina
Website

Shopping cart not secure?

I am working to bring my shopping cart live, and have discovered that it is no longer secure.  My host says that everything looks normal to them, but there is obviously something wrong.

My configuration looks like this:
Secure Site Payment Script URL: https://secure.verycommerce.com/~organi … cp-app.cgi
Path to Secure Site media Directory URL:  https://secure.verycommerce.com/~organics/ccp51/media

However, when I choose something and then go to checkout, it is not secure, and it doesn't even change when I get to the screen to input credit card information.

The people who run my host have changed over the last year, and I know that there were issues with a hacker earlier this year.  The current folks don't know anything about Click Cart Pro, so they have no idea what to do at this point.

To see it, you can go to this page, http://www.pmorganics.com/item--Organic … stic.html, and purchase this item.  I don't have quantities set up for anything else, but this one will work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Marie

#2 11-23-2007 09:33:12

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Shopping cart not secure?

Looks like you made some edits to your site layout that are causing images to be loaded http instead of https.  In your site HTML layout, when you insert an image, you need to do the URL like so:

Code:

(CGIVAR)images_path(/CGIVAR)/site/image_name.gif

And you need to put the images in the directory ccp51/media/images/site/.  If you do those two things, CCP will automatically change the URLs for the images to the secure URLs when appropriate and your checkout will stop getting the mixed security warning.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 11-23-2007 09:51:18

morettina
Website

Thank you, but now I'm really confused!  I haven't made changes to my site in months, and I don't recall ever having this problem in the past.  I've been working on this new site for way too long, and it's been a while since I did any work on it.

Do you mean that for every image I have in the Site HTML Layout (i.e. all the .gif files for my buttons on the left, my logo, etc., I need to change it from the actual path to what you're citing?  For example,

src="http://pmorganics.com/graphics/but_newarrivals.gif" needs to be changed to be

src="(CGIVAR)images_path(/CGIVAR)/site/but_newarrivals.gif

and then I need to be sure that all those .gif files are in the ccp51/media/images/site/ directory?

I want to be sure that I understand this before I go in and make all those changes, because there are a lot of graphics on that page.  Do I also need to change the reference to the logo - basically every single graphic that is in the Site HTML Layout page, which would also include all the credit card images at the very bottom?

#4 11-23-2007 10:18:53

rachaelseven
Website

Yup.  That's exactly what I'm saying.  Your site is trying to go secure... the URL changes to https://... but the page isn't secure because most of the images are being pulled from an insecure URL.  If you move the images to directory within ccp51/media/images/site/ and list their URLs the way I showed (and you showed in your last post), CCP will change the image URLs to pull them from the secure URL during the checkout process. It includes every image in the Site HTML Layout, including the logo, menu links, background images, and the credit card images at the bottom... every single graphic in the Site HTML Layout page.  Trust me, you've had this problem ever since you did the site layout - that wouldn't change with anything the host did, nor would it change by itself.  The only way it could have changed is if someone edited the Site HTML Layout.  It sounds like a lot of work, but if you copy the contents out of the Site HTML Layout update page into a text editor, you can do it in a couple minutes with find and replace type functions.  Moving the images should take a couple seconds with any decent FTP program, so this really isn't that big a deal.  Trust me, I've probably spent longer explaining the problem than it will take to fix it.

Rachael Katz

#5 11-23-2007 10:21:46

morettina
Website

Thank you!  I can do that all pretty easily in Dreamweaver, and since I have my site downloaded there, I'll go do that now.

Thanks again!

Marie

#6 11-23-2007 12:00:38

rachaelseven
Website

You're welcome! Good luck with it and let me know if it works for you.

Rachael Katz

#7 11-26-2007 18:21:12

LetmebeFrank

I have a similar problem but I checked the site HTML layout and everything seems to be as you recommended above. Also some of the images are not on the site HTML layout and are in a different file like media/images/store
Sorry I'm an ignoramus about this stuff but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by LetmebeFrank (11-26-2007 19:34:02)

#8 11-26-2007 20:00:56

rachaelseven
Website

Any images linked from page content and elements must also be in the format I've shown in order to switch automatically from regular to secure URL.  Also look for scripts and CSS files that might not be using a secure URL.  The Web Developer toolbar for Firefox helps with a lot of this stuff, including list all the assets on a page and what URLs they are called from.  That's a real quick way to find out what is insecure on a page that is causing a warning.  If you want to post a link to your site, I'll take a look and see where the problem lies.

Rachael Katz

#9 11-26-2007 21:25:35

morettina
Website

I have gone in and changed all the images on the Site HTML Layout page to point to the secure pages, and from what I can see when I look at the source code, I got them all.  But the checkout pages still are not coming up secure.

When I look at the source code, I see this in the middle of the page and wonder if that's not part of the problem:

<!-- DISPLAY ERROR: SUBROUTINE ste_custom_pagebegin COULD NOT BE LOCATED -->

I see that it's being called, along with several other elements (ste_exec_pgtitle, ste_exec_message, & ste_exec_element) towards the bottom of the Site HTML Layout page, but I can't find any of those elements anywhere and have no idea what they actually are.

Typically, when I make changes to those pages, I don't do it through the administrative interface, because it just takes too long.  So I use Dreamweaver to edit the actual .txt file and then upload it.  So far, that's never been a problem.

Anyway, what's my next step?  When I attempted to checkout, I actually saw the site try to go secure, but then the lock was broken and it was back to the same insecure site I saw a few days ago.  I'm going to find the Web Developer toolbar for Firefox so that I can start using it because it sounds like it would be helpful in this case.

Thanks for all your help!

Marie

#10 11-26-2007 21:54:08

rachaelseven
Website

Hi Marie,

You got the images right.  Now its your javascript and stylesheet that are still causing the problem - switch_nav.js & css_pm.css.  For the javascript, you can use the format:

Code:

(CGIVAR)common_url_javascript(/CGIVAR)/scriptname.js

The javascript would then have to be located in the directory ccp51/media/javascript.  I'm not 100% sure of the right format and location foe stylesheet.  You can certainly use either the javascript format/location (I did) or the image format/location and it will work fine.  There might be a more proper way for CSS (Zipskins would know, if they care to join the thread), but either the javascript or image method will work just fine and should get you there.

Rachael Katz

#11 11-26-2007 22:10:08

LetmebeFrank

rachaelseven wrote:

Any images linked from page content and elements must also be in the format I've shown in order to switch automatically from regular to secure URL.  Also look for scripts and CSS files that might not be using a secure URL.  The Web Developer toolbar for Firefox helps with a lot of this stuff, including list all the assets on a page and what URLs they are called from.  That's a real quick way to find out what is insecure on a page that is causing a warning.  If you want to post a link to your site, I'll take a look and see where the problem lies.

I downloaded the toolbar for Firefox but it's probably going to take me a while to learn how to make good use of it. My credit card info page doesn't trigger any message about insecure items with Firefox only Explorer. wwwflynchsupply.com

Thanks
Frank

#12 11-27-2007 00:06:48

rachaelseven
Website

Firefox doesn't give that warning popup, I don't think.  At least I've never seen it.  You can tell by the broken lock in the address bar though that the page isn't totally secured.  Your images don't seem to switch to the secure URL, but it doesn't stop the page from being secure in my FF... very odd.  Looks like maybe there is something up with the configuration... CCP should have switched those URLs.  I can't think of what it is at the moment though... too tired.  I'll try to take another look tomorrow.

Rachael Katz

#13 11-27-2007 06:36:10

LetmebeFrank

I seemed to have fixed the problem. I changed the path to secure site media directory URL to https://plus26.safe-order etc. and also changed to using secure checkout for the whole checkout process. I had tried changing the URL there many times but the images would not show up but I guess I never tried that and switching to secure checkout at the same time. Everything seems to work right now.

Thanks
Frank

Last edited by LetmebeFrank (11-27-2007 06:36:51)

#14 12-11-2007 22:39:28

morettina
Website

Rachael,

I just finally got around to moving my javascript and css, and updating the Site Layout, and finally, my checkout is secure!  Thank you so much for your help!

Now I wonder how many more little glitches like this I'm going to discover before I can finally go live?  I've learned more about CCP51 than the web designer who originally set it up for me ever knew, and she no longer will support anything.  But I'm determine to go forward.  I think it's a great cart, and I just want to be able to go live with it.

Thanks again,
Marie

#15 12-12-2007 08:20:27

rachaelseven
Website

Hi Marie,

Glad to hear you finally got it secure.  You're very welcome.  One thing I like to do is have someone else test my site without me really telling them much.  I find they tend to do things I wouldn't have and thereby discover mistakes I might have missed.  Of course at some point, you just have to bite the bullet, go live, and find any final errors the tough way (by the customers telling you).  I have had a few sneak through to where the customer had to tell me - usually something with a browser I don't have (can't get Safari to run on a PC yet).  And that reminds me, always test your site in as many browsers as possible - some have their quirks.  At a minimum, you have to test in Internet Exploder and Firefox; but if you can, it's also good to test with Netscape, Opera,  & Safari also.

Good luck!

Rachael Katz

#16 12-12-2007 13:50:50

Dave

rachaelseven wrote:

(can't get Safari to run on a PC yet

The beta of Safari is available for PCs Racheal.  See  to get a copy.  Works pretty well too.

#17 12-12-2007 14:29:37

rachaelseven
Website

Thanks, Dave.  I'll give it another try.  Last time I installed the beta, it installed fine, but crashed on launch.  Went straight to a Dr. Watson debug the moment I tried to start it.  Maybe it will work better this time.  Thanks again!

Rachael Katz

#18 11-17-2008 14:33:05

goski

I am having a problem with nonsecure items on my checkout page.  I have checked the source code and every image is https.  The only references that I see to http are the links below my banner, for my category pages, user defined pages and the google analytics link.  I have internal javascript on the page to rotate the banner at the top.  It seems to convert to https for those images even though they are not in the "ccp51/media/images/site/" directory.

The links use a number of path variables such as (CGIVAR)seo_base_url(/CGIVAR), (CGIVAR)common_url(/CGIVAR),(CGIVAR)common_url_checkout(/CGIVAR).

My website is wwwcorpgolfusa.com.  Any ideas what my be causing the nonsecure warning.

#19 11-17-2008 14:40:33

rachaelseven
Website

Your Google Analytics (urchin) script is causing the problem.  You need to check with Google to see how to source that script from a secure site.  I don't know the exact procedure off-hand, since I don't use Google Analytics, but I'm sure the question will show up in their FAQs, as it is something that comes up pretty regularly.

Rachael Katz

#20 11-17-2008 17:30:50

goski

I found some new tracking code at the Google Analytics site that handles the https correctly. 

http://www.google.com/support/analytics … swer=75129

Thanks for your help.

Board footer