Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-15-2007 21:43:21

vwise

Need help with shipping. Unanswered elsewhere.

About 20% of my customers fail to make an entry in the residentilal/commercial shipping option. Clic Cart defaults to commercial if the box is left blank. That's a $1.80 loss if the customer is in fact residential. I use ups realtime shipping and simply want the option removed and the system to process the shipping charge as a residential delivery. I have read other threads on the subject and none of them seem to directly answer the question. Please help, its costing me about $50/week.

#2 09-16-2007 07:23:51

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Need help with shipping. Unanswered elsewhere.

In version 5.1, the software will not allow the customer to proceed to step two of the checkout unless a selection is made - it would not 'default' to commercial in the absence of an entry.  Are you perhaps using version 6.0?  If so, you need to post your question in the appropriate part of the forum.  If you are in fact using 5.1, it is possible to force the realtime processor to treat all orders as residential by modifying ste_ship.pl.  But I would need to know what realtime method you are using to know where to make the modification.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 11-04-2007 19:58:42

vwise

I am using version 5.1. I am not sure why it alows the field to be left blank. I was able to have all orders treated as residential provided that a selection gets made. Ir defaults to residential if a selection isn't made. I use UPS online. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by vwise (11-04-2007 19:59:37)

#4 11-05-2007 10:38:31

rachaelseven
Website

I have no idea why your checkout would allow the field to remain blank - you must have some modifications there and that would need to be addressed by whoever made the modification.

However, it is possible to make CCP use the residential rate regardless of what the customer enters in the checkout.  Of course, this will penalize your customers that do actually have commercial addresses, but that choice is up to you.  If you want to make the change, you will need to modify ste_ship.pl.  If you aren't comfortable modifying PERL files, please search the forum for information on the subject.  As always, back uyp before making any changes.  The change required is as follows:

Find this bit of code in ste_ship.pl, in the subroutine ste_ship_rate_upstools_proc:

Code:

if ($dest_rescom eq "R") {

$xml .= "<ResidentialAddress></ResidentialAddress>";

} ######### End of if statement.

And change that to:

Code:

###### If statement commented out to force residential rates

## if ($dest_rescom eq "R") {
$xml .= "<ResidentialAddress></ResidentialAddress>";
## } ######### End of if statement.

###### End of change

I've made the change by commenting out the necessary lines to make the mod easier to find and undo later if necessary.  But if you wish, you can simply delete all the lines that start with the # sign - they aren't necessary at all.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

Board footer