Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-14-2007 14:41:05

carasmo
Website

Lots of ?s: more images, moving to another server, spread sheet

Is there an easy way to move the site to another server, and if you know the secret, please share.

Also, how can I use an excel spread sheet to get the products and other things uploaded? Do I use phpmyadmin?

Can someone tell me what php code to add to link to the next and previous product in that category, from the product level? I use Zenphoto a lot and this simple php application is a photo gallery, with many categories, thumb view, and detail. On each detail page, there's a previous and next (if there is a previous and next). I would think that CCP should be able to easily have a back and next product in the product detail view.

Is there a way to have the option of having more product photos per product, say if you have the option to show 2, 3, and 4 product images per product and an automatic way. See this page at the jcrew site for what I mean.

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jh … =cat170125

There's a spot for up to 8 different shots.

Then when you click "View Larger Image" it does the same thing in another window. It's super nice.

Thanks!

#2 04-14-2007 15:05:03

Dave

Re: Lots of ?s: more images, moving to another server, spread sheet

carasmo wrote:

Is there an easy way to move the site to another server, and if you know the secret, please share.

Simply run the installer on the new site to get everything in place then dump your database, phpMyAdmin would work for that, and load it into the new location replacing all of the default tables and data.  You'd also want to copy over your customized skin folder and all its files (if you've customized a skin).

Alternately you could dump the database and all of the directories and put them on the new server.  Going with the fresh install and copying your database is probably going to be quicker and "safer" though.

carasmo wrote:

Also, how can I use an excel spread sheet to get the products and other things uploaded?

See  and  in the Wiki.

carasmo wrote:

Do I use phpmyadmin?

You could but you don't really need to.

carasmo wrote:

Can someone tell me what php code to add to link to the next and previous product in that category, from the product level?

That would need to be a custom mod.  That isn't something that's included in the base code.

carasmo wrote:

Is there a way to have the option of having more product photos per product, say if you have the option to show 2, 3, and 4 product images per product and an automatic way.

See  in the Wiki for details on how to have multiple images with Lightbox.

#3 04-14-2007 15:30:28

carasmo
Website

Thank you for all your wonderful answers.

I did submit a quote request for the back and next link a number of days ago and haven't heard a thing.

#4 04-14-2007 17:28:21

Dave

Patience smile  We believe Nick is neck deep in a rather major update and if history is an indication he'll respond to everything that's been queuing up when the update gets released.

Board footer