Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-08-2007 10:30:52

carasmo
Website

Presales Questions

Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade but am considering another package, which does feature the things I'm asking about in this post.  My questions are:

1. Product level navigation to the next and previous product.

2. Multiple product photos.

2a. Does this app have the ability to turn off the lightbox or moofx lightbox (whichever is used -- moofx is smaller btw) and just use a show hide div without the fancy stuff?

3. Custom category level headers and content.

4. Custom category pages (not the same template as the rest of the site). This is not a feature of the software I'm considering,  but something I was able to do with Tiki.

5. Does not require customer account.

6. Separation of content from design (objects [h1,form elements, etc.,] in divs and other tagged elements so that I don't have to go into the php to change the checkout form, for example). So basically, is the entire front end separated from the code?

Thanks!

#2 04-09-2007 04:00:33

Dave

Re: Presales Questions

carasmo wrote:

2. Multiple product photos.

Yes with modification (documented in the Wiki for Lightbox).

carasmo wrote:

2a. Does this app have the ability to turn off the lightbox or moofx lightbox (whichever is used -- moofx is smaller btw) and just use a show hide div without the fancy stuff?

Yes with modification (you can, literally, do anything you want to with how things are displayed and what is used).

carasmo wrote:

Not sure exactly what you're asking here.

carasmo wrote:

4. Custom category pages (not the same template as the rest of the site).

Again not quite sure what you're asking.

carasmo wrote:

5. Does not require customer account.

Accounts are required in the current release but Nick has said he would look at making it optional.

carasmo wrote:

6. Separation of content from design (objects [h1,form elements, etc.,] in divs and other tagged elements so that I don't have to go into the php to change the checkout form, for example). So basically, is the entire front end separated from the code?

All of the styling is done with a single CSS file.  Changing the layout of how things are presented isn't something that is, or could be, done with a style sheet but the look and feel is certainly easily changed by changing the style sheet.

#3 04-09-2007 11:01:13

carasmo
Website

Thanks!

--- Basically the ability for the category page of any given category to have a custom layout (the photo can be any size and placement of the text can be different). If you look at the site done in Tiki now, MeheraShaw.com -- the home page has it's own layout, and every single category has a different side menu and even the products inside those categories have different side menus than the rest of the site.

4. Custom category pages (not the same template as the rest of the site).

-- Number 3 explains it. The ability to make any page accept a different template, including targeting the products within a given category to accept a different template.

Also, can the layout of the check out form (I never did like the way it was set up) be changed easily without going into some php file? Can I change the element itself? I'd like the form to be completely different looking.

Thanks again.

#4 04-09-2007 11:17:03

carasmo
Website

What about 1? The back and next within the product level?

#5 04-09-2007 11:50:40

carasmo
Website

How many "elements" are required with this. The old software had an ungodly amount. These days most work could be done in divs and then one css file can do most of the design.

Thanks

#6 04-09-2007 12:04:07

Dave

The entire site is CSS driver by a single style file.  Virtually all areas of the site may have their look and feel changed in the style file.

#7 04-09-2007 12:08:24

Dave

carasmo wrote:

--- Basically the ability for the category page of any given category to have a custom layout (the photo can be any size and placement of the text can be different). If you look at the site done in Tiki now, MeheraShaw.com -- the home page has it's own layout, and every single category has a different side menu and even the products inside those categories have different side menus than the rest of the site.

It looks like each of the main categories has the same basic layout with only the picture changing in the left menu.  Something like that should be possible but it would, obviously, require modifications.  Each category may have its own "skin" so what you want to achieve should be feasible.

carasmo wrote:

Also, can the layout of the check out form (I never did like the way it was set up) be changed easily without going into some php file? Can I change the element itself? I'd like the form to be completely different looking.

For the style of it you may change it with the style file.  For where things are you would have to modify code.

#8 04-09-2007 12:09:46

Dave

carasmo wrote:

What about 1? The back and next within the product level?

Out of the box that feature doesn't exist.

#9 04-09-2007 12:34:49

carasmo
Website

I hope others will answer my other questions about different skins per section/category.

Thanks for your help.

#10 04-09-2007 13:08:37

Dave

carasmo wrote:

I hope others will answer my other questions about different skins per section/category.

What question didn't I answer? smile

Looking at your existing site accomplishing what you have in Zuma would be very easy to do.  Get one skin with the overall design done to your liking then simply clone it for the categories that you want to customize.  If it's adding a picture as in your current design it would be a simple matter of updating skin.php (which may be done easily through the admin interface) and you'd be done.

Last edited by djm0219 (04-09-2007 14:08:04)

#11 04-09-2007 13:19:07

carasmo
Website

Cool!!

I'll find out about the back and next products as an add on.

Thanks for all your help.

#12 04-10-2007 05:29:15

Dave

Thinking about this even more I suspect that the 5.1 to 6 converter script might be able to handle your overall site design correctly which would further reduce the amount of effort required to get your "main" skin correct before making the category specific skins.

Board footer