Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-04-2007 14:46:22

tiredgirl

promotional newsletters

Hi

Just about to start sending out out new HTML newsletters, does anyone have any opinions on good 3rd party services to send them out and manage the responses??? All the one's I've looked at seem to be charged per mail and since these are manily informational and don't do the hard sell, it's difficult to justify a big monthly bill landing on the boss' desk!

TIA
Leigh

#2 05-06-2007 18:55:54

grabie

Re: promotional newsletters

I'm thinking 1-2-All Email Marketing from ActiveCampaign. So far, they are cheapest with a one time license fee for lite version ($97).

Grace

#3 06-03-2007 08:36:59

AjnabiZ

I have bought OemPro from octecth. You can host it on your own website and it is very powerful.

#4 06-03-2007 08:54:18

Dave

Bit pricey smile

#5 06-03-2007 09:57:20

AjnabiZ

djm0219 wrote:

Bit pricey smile

yes, it is certianly a pricey. But after searching for months. I finally bought it as it does contain a lot of features. I also tried out aweber for a month but i hated the subscription link, it contained awebers name. The branding was expensive.

Also, you can have control if you buy a email marketing software. The third Party, are extremely strict and they might cancel your account in an instant.

#6 06-03-2007 10:02:23

Dave

I guess I'm not big on services like that.  I know something like that would be a complete waste with me since I never look at mail in HTML format and never ever allow acks to be sent. smile  I know I'm probably the exception though.

#7 07-22-2007 18:15:25

dlhalberg
Website

I've had great success with emailbrain.com with my other site GuitarGearHeads.com.  It's cheap and easy to use.

#8 07-26-2007 15:52:19

cyberws

We currently use 1-2-All ourselves after switching from an Internal application used for over six years.  However like most things in life both managed and unmanaged have their advantages.

With unmanaged you run it on your own equipment and have total control over your database.  The main two downsides are for many people working with installing applications can be confusing, but since you are here at CCP's Forum you are a step above the average Netizen.  ;-).  The main draw back, IMO, and this is based on experience is email delivery.  It seems, like it or not, email is fast headed to whitelisting.  You must pay to play sort of thing.

We have ten's of thousands of subscribers and spend a lot of time fighting with ISPs to keep our dedicated IPs clean.  We don't spam and have "won" every case.  I say "won" because the amount of time that can go into the fight can be dozens of hours and back and forth emails.  In on example we were banned by a company because one person complained after receiving emails from us for seven months.  We tracked about 1,000's other addresses and had been emailing their network for over two years with zero complaints.  Yet after one complain boom we were banned.  Yeah that is reasonable.

With the hosted services like Aweber they keep their IPs clean.  Well mostly.  Of course they have your database and not you.

We still opted for our own unmanaged solution, but it does come at a cost.  We are looking into just joining one of those whitelist companies as it looks like the future is bleak for those that don't.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#9 08-03-2007 14:20:50

goski

I use Vertical Response for all of my email newsletters.  I've had a very good experience with them.  I have also used their postcard mailing for one campaign.

#10 09-10-2008 15:57:09

posnpretty
Website

grabie wrote:

I'm thinking 1-2-All Email Marketing from ActiveCampaign. So far, they are cheapest with a one time license fee for lite version ($97).

Grace

I found this thread today when searching for email newsletter information with regards to CCP6. But, WOW the price for the LITE version has doubled in a year - it's now $189! Has anyone tried this software with CCP6?

Better yet, is there a possibility of an XMOD  will make it easy to create professional-looking HTML email newsletters? big_smile

Thanks,
Cyndi

#11 09-10-2008 20:55:15

wyattea

whatever you use, you need double opt-in or confirmed opt-in. I had 1-2-all which did confirmed opt-in, unfortunately, my provider had a 'clause' saying I couldn't send bulk mail (over 500 emails at once).

i switched to aweber.com and i'm happy with them. don't waste your time with a local solution, outsource to aweber. Any cheap hosting package usually has clauses to disallow you from sending tons of email at once (they'll consider it spamming even if it's opt-in style).

my 2cents.

James...

#12 06-19-2009 09:58:38

marker

If you don't mind free, you could try pommo.  I use it and it's great. You can control how many emails go out per hour so you don't upset your hosting company.

#13 06-19-2009 14:46:17

cyberws

It is still worth noting that you must watch your sending IP.  This is not the IP of your net connection but rather what your hosting provider uses to send emails.  If you aren't sure send yourself an email from your website and then look at the headers as the sending IP will be there.  Then you should take that IP and visit sites like http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx and see if it listed.

CCP's email program does NOT check for bounces and such and shouldn't be used for email marketing.  It is getting harder and harder to send out email as spamming gets worse and worse.  I would suggest no matter what service you use to create accounts at the major mail companies like Yahoo!, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail, etc and send yourself test messages from time to time.  We do.

However we pay for a white listed outgoing mail server which has help email delivery dramatically.  Most people just send mail from their hosting plan without any research and it hurts their efforts.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

Board footer