Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-20-2007 13:06:49

gtompkins

Catagory images on splash page on ccp6

Hi, ccp6 question

Im new to all this ecommerce stuff so forgive me if this is a stupid question!

How do I make the catagory image show on the splash page?
I have made the main catagory indicator "true" and the catagory title apears on the left of the splash page but there is no image on the splash page...
It would be great to have images of my main catagories on the splash page.

any help would be appreciated,
Graham

#2 03-20-2007 14:52:31

gabriela

Re: Catagory images on splash page on ccp6

There are two places I can find where this needs to be st

In Application Settings Menu > Catalogue Global Displays there are settings for Splash Page: Categories per row and how to display it.

In the actual Category form there is a Main category indicator. It says if this is set to true, it will show up on the splash page.

However, in my shop the categories only show up in the menu bar. Which is how I want it, but given the setting they should actually show up as image and description on the splash page.

Gabriela

#3 03-20-2007 17:53:18

Dave

The splash page is really a landing page if you will.  On the left side under the heading Online Store Menu (with the default sample store) click on Store Home and I think you will see what you are looking for.  If that page is what you want as your "landing" page log in as admin and go to

Home > ClickCartPro > Application: Profile and Namespaces > Application Profile

In the field named  select Online Store from the list instead of Web Page and you should get what you want.

#4 03-21-2007 10:20:49

gtompkins

Hi, thanks for the reply smile

I have now set my first page to "online store" and the images of catagories are displaying perfectly on that page.

Many thanks
Graham

#5 06-18-2007 16:05:29

Commsman
Website

I need to display my categories on the splash page with a little more control and the above help does not give me the look I need (too much text and images wrongly positioned etc.) - can someone give me some tips for changing this category display or for creating a web splash page with my own formatting?
I have just upgraded from the old Perl based CCP and am trying to get my mind around the PHP code in this new version. I am pretty confident in PHP but CCP is a complex bit of work and so pointers to save me time would be appreciated.
Cheers
J

#6 05-23-2009 03:34:54

sushisushi
Website

Can we bump this question as I need to do the same as the last post, plus in my Default Namespace for Application there is no option that says online store. Why would that be?

Buy sushi making ingredients, sushi party kits and Japanese food at wwwsushisushi.co.uk

Board footer