Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-09-2007 11:27:12

stevem

Why the multiple splash pages?

Just curious...

Under Skins, you have a splash.php page for each skin you have installed.

Yet, under Web Pages: Web Page Management > Manage Web Pages, you ALSO have another splash page.  Strangely, this splash page never appears anywhere on our store.  Instead, the store uses the splash page under Skins > Splash.php.

Why the multiple splash pages if only one is used?  And if not, when is the Manage Web Pages > Splash page used??

#2 03-09-2007 16:26:18

Dave

Re: Why the multiple splash pages?

stevem wrote:

Under Skins, you have a splash.php page for each skin you have installed.

Where do you see a splash.php under skins Steve?  There is no such file anywhere within KHXC/CCP.

stevem wrote:

Yet, under Web Pages: Web Page Management > Manage Web Pages, you ALSO have another splash page.  Strangely, this splash page never appears anywhere on our store.  Instead, the store uses the splash page under Skins > Splash.php.

Why the multiple splash pages if only one is used?  And if not, when is the Manage Web Pages > Splash page used??

The splash page under web page management is the "landing page" when a site is hit.  If your site isn't using it you may have changed the  in admin under Home > ClickCartPro > Application: Profile and Namespaces > Application Profile.

Last edited by djm0219 (03-09-2007 16:26:55)

#3 03-09-2007 20:43:37

stevem

Displays: Skins, Menus, XHTML Includes and Messages > Manage Display Skins > Update > under Includes... ok so technically it's part of my skin...

Ignore my last. wink

#4 03-10-2007 04:37:23

ZipSkins
Website

Sounds like you have one of our ZipSkins?

If so then each skin comes with it's own include...

Why?
So you can install multiple skins each with a different splash, for example you might want to install a chiristmas skin for a few weeks in which case rather than editing your main splash file you just edit the one within the skin. Then simply revert back to the original after christmas and you never have to change the orginal skin or splash include.

| Professional Quality Customisable Skins for your ClickCartPro Powered Site

-----------------------------
Certified Support Partner

#5 03-10-2007 11:21:43

stevem

yep i have a zipskin and it rocks. smile

where was the modification made to force CCP to use the includes/splash.php versus the one under "Manage Web Pages"?

#6 03-10-2007 13:40:38

ZipSkins
Website

skinfunc.php

#7 03-10-2007 16:30:30

stevem

thanks steve.

anyone looking to add a sweet new face to their cart, definitely check out ZipSkin's new CCP6 skins. smile

#8 04-09-2007 11:45:52

carasmo
Website

Are ZipSkins CSS with div tags and no/min tables?

#9 04-09-2007 12:31:13

pippins

RE: The splash page under web page management is the "landing page" when a site is hit.  If your site isn't using it you may have changed the Default Namespace for Application in admin under Home > ClickCartPro > Application: Profile and Namespaces > Application Profile.

I don't have splash page listed as above. I have multiples of many options (don't know why) I currently have it set to ONLINE STORE but I can't get into my store unless I am logged into the admin panel.
SOMETHING IS WRONG and I can't figure it out.

http://www.getupandgrow.ie
http://www.getupandgrow.ie/khxc/index.php

I'd really appreciate any help in solving this one.

#10 04-09-2007 13:52:45

ZipSkins
Website

carasmo wrote:

Are ZipSkins CSS with div tags and no/min tables?

The current set of Zipskins do use tables for 'basic' layout, but they are used sparingly and in  cases we use no more tables/cells than the default skin uses (we loose some of the tables/cells of the defult skin but use others elsewhere) and in some cases we actually use less tables than the default skin.

#11 04-09-2007 17:31:02

dh783
Website

pippins wrote:

RE: The splash page under web page management is the "landing page" when a site is hit.  If your site isn't using it you may have changed the Default Namespace for Application in admin under Home > ClickCartPro > Application: Profile and Namespaces > Application Profile.

I don't have splash page listed as above. I have multiples of many options (don't know why) I currently have it set to ONLINE STORE but I can't get into my store unless I am logged into the admin panel.
SOMETHING IS WRONG and I can't figure it out.

http://www.getupandgrow.ie
http://www.getupandgrow.ie/khxc/index.php

I'd really appreciate any help in solving this one.

Look for "Web Page" which should be the splash page.

John

#12 04-09-2007 17:58:38

stevem

carasmo,

and i know steve is working on some table-less skins as well.  if you're gonna get a skin, i'd get a zipskin - basing this primarily on the fact that i'm a complete PITA to deal with, their customer service and response time is top notch.  i'm very pleased with my skin.

Board footer