Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-04-2003 16:48:44

Shipping rate for multiples of the same item

Is it possible to add a second weight column in the products database that could be used for adding the weight of additional items being shipped in the same box to the same shipping address and making the shipping script figure the cost of the shipping on these two columns?  Right now, if you sell one item, you probably have the weight of that item set to include the weight of the box and other shipping materials.  When you sell multiples of this item, you end up adding this additional weight for each additional item, thus driving the cost of the shipment up.

#2 02-06-2003 18:21:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Shipping rate for multiples of the same item

I can't think of a good way to do that quite like that, actually.

Perhaps you can reduce the weight of all items by a bit?  Maybe by the weight of each box divided by the number of items in your typical order.

Or, you could set a box weight up and have that added to any querries.  To add a particular weight to all realtime calls, in the file ./cgi-bin/library/modules/ste_chkout.pl you would edit the routine 'ste_chkout_meth_realtime_proc' right behind the line:

my ($id,$weight,$country,$zip,$shipperzip,$length,$width,$height,$usus,$usnu) = @_;

Add the line:

$weight = ($weight + 1.000);

That would add 1.000 for box weight to your shipment.  You could subtract any box weights from your product weights using admin and use this code to do things right.

Nick Hendler
Webmaster, Kryptronic, Inc.

Nick Hendler

#3 11-26-2004 16:44:11

rockersquirrel

Isn't the cart already set up to add an additonal amount for the box weight? I thought I had reas somewhere that this was the case. If so, I'd like to change the box weight that is added.

How can I do this?

#4 12-02-2004 11:50:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

That would be done in the manage products interface by adjusting the weight you assign to the box.

Nick Hendler

Board footer