Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-15-2007 14:18:31

tiredgirl

Batch management for orders

Hi,

Will this new software have any sort of batch management for orders? I'm thinking primarily of updating order status, it takes me about 15-20 mins each day to go through and mark each order 'shipped' and the same time to print each invoice individually. It would be great if there was a way to mark a whole batch of orders shipped at once -  and even better if one could select a whole batch of invoices and send them to the printer at once - it would be heaven!

Thanks
Leigh

#2 01-15-2007 21:51:00

kiwimum
Website

Re: Batch management for orders

Batch marking orders as shipped would be absolutely fantastic.  Count me in if the cart doesn't already do this.

Jessica
:: CCP5 > CCP6 > Magento > CCP7

#3 01-16-2007 13:25:34

keyssoap
Website

Batch processing is really mandatory if you ship more than a few units a day.  We developed a highly modified version of the ATS batch processor for 5.1.  The current CCP6 batch view really does not help us and is frankly a deal breaker for us implementing CCP6 until we can batch process.

Nick, I don't mean to be rude, but clearly you do not have to ship over a hundred packages a day and your admin checkout design shows it. 

Maybe collectively we can work on this.  Unfortunately, my php knowledge is weak, so my learning curve will be steep.

Below is a list of what we implemented and have on CCP51

At the top of the page, we have a display that says Sold To Ship Total = $XXX.00 that tallies the entire batch.  We use this to cross reference to our payment gateway and create a daily sales report that rolls up to a weekly, monthlt etc report.

Here are the columns

1)  Order Status.  These are radio buttons that say - Ship Now - Shipped/Clopse - HOLD for Check Payment - Dealer Ship Now/Pending Payment - Cancelled - Failed.  All of these buttons act

2) Shipping Info.  Name, Address etc plus shipping method.

3) Product Info.  Here we list a pick list of all of the products on the order with checkoff boxes that the pick and pack person uses.  Below that is an input box that we load the tracking number into and a scroll box for shipping method.  This track number reports back to the CCP51 customer reporting system.  There is also a check box to send an email to the customer.

4) Order Info.  Here we show the order number, date, customer ID, Subtotal in $'s, Shipping  Amount and Order Total.

5) Options.  In this column we have the update button, delete, Invoice-Print and a link to our shipper that send the customer ship to information to the label.  This is Rachael's cool mod for sending info over to USPS which is our primary shipper.

At the top, we have a login tab to USPS and a Print Tab to print the batch for the pick and pack person.

Each customer has a row with all of this information that rolls to as many pages as we have order.

Our process is that we use the batch to pick and pack with a copy of the invoice going to the customer and a copy that is taped to the sealed box for ID.

We then use the batch to weigh the package, send the label info to USPS and place the tracking number into the box.  We click send email and the Shipped Closed radio button.  The customer is sent the system email and when we finish with the batc, we click submit and it sends all of the emails etc.

Now, here is our wish list.

1) We would like to be able to batch print all shippable invoices
2) Input the weight from our electronica scale into the USPS Click'nShip field
3) Pick different shippers and have the batch send over the label info.
4) Be able to do a Save As to store the batch with all information as a pdf for our files.

Besides wanting more orders, that is my input.

Regards,

Bob

Chemical-Free Skin Health
Clean Green Skincare & Petcare

#4 01-16-2007 17:36:47

kiwimum
Website

Bob, that sounds gorgeous.  We don't ship 100s of packages a day, but around 50 and your interface sounds like a dream.  Nick, I'd be happy to contribute dollars to go toward something like this.  It would save us HOURS. 

I'll add one thing - in my 5.1 I had ATS modify it so the customer name showed up instead of the customer ID, it was extremely helpful when hunting through orders to process a return or exchange.  I'd love that option here as well.  Oh nevermind, it sounds like the name shows up in the Shipping Address column?

Last edited by kiwimum (01-16-2007 17:38:41)

Jessica

#5 01-16-2007 21:19:36

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It sounds to me like there is a desire for a batch shipping extension module for ClickCartPro 6.  Does anyone else have any other good ideas or requirements that can be added to such a module?  I am interested in developing something of this nature and would like feedback.  Thanks.

Nick Hendler

#6 01-16-2007 23:15:57

meshugy

I also use the ATS Batch Shipping mod and it's saved me hours every day. Additionally, Rachel's USPS mod in invaluable. Saves me cut and pasting dozens of addresses into the USPS site everyday.

I second Bob's list....those of us with high volume really need these features!

thanks,

'm

#7 01-17-2007 08:42:15

Imacsoap

I would love to see a module that can create UPS and FedEx shipping barcodes from within CCP 6, this feature would be a great time saver for me.

#8 01-17-2007 11:02:46

VGF
Website

Nick,

I would like the batch shipping also. 

My addition would be...

I would like the batch to be integrated with Endicia.

address & weight information being pre-filled at the shipper...
we can then make any needed changes...
print the label...
have the shipper's ID (i.e. USPS), tracking number and date shipped filled into the batch ship module

That way all of our shipping information will be in CCP.

Here's the link to integrate with Endicia, the specs are here.
http://www.endicia.com/endicia-usa/soft … erface.pdf

Endicia is a USPS service that has some cool features.  Our favorite is the "stealth" postage.  The postage is printed but
it does not state the postage amount on the label only"All postage fees have been paid".

Earl

Got the Game, Get the Toy!

#9 01-17-2007 12:41:23

meshugy

Earl...thanks for the tip on Endicia! I've been looking for something like that for a while. If CCP could import shipping data into Endicia then shipping would be soooo much easier.

Right now I'm using the ATS Bach mod in conjunction with Rachel's USPS mod. That works great for Priority and Express mail. But I have to do all media mail, first class, and airmail with stamps which is a drag.

'm

#10 01-19-2007 10:11:57

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Please keep posting comments.  I'm starting to see what we need.  Thanks.

Nick Hendler

#11 01-19-2007 14:50:03

meshugy

Jungle....thanks for mentioning the ability to add or remove items from an order. The inability to do that in CCP5 drove me nuts. And as far as I can tell CCP6 can't do it either. This option would be one of the top must have mods....

#12 01-19-2007 15:42:11

kiwimum
Website

I second the integration endicia AND the ability to add or remove items from an existing order.  That would be utterly fantastic.

Jessica

#13 01-19-2007 17:00:09

keyssoap
Website

Nick,

I agree with all that I have read and we need to be looking at all sorts of interfaces. 

We are talking to QVC and HSN about featuring a couple of products.  They want us to use Commerce Hub wwwcommercehub.com  to be the clearing house for orders.  They can send us XML, EDI, CSV etc.

If it helps, the process is as follows:

1) End user buys via QVC website.
2) They batch orders to Commerce Hubs
3) Commerce Hub batches to us in the file format we prefer.
4) We pick and pack orders and generate a shipper
5) Package is weighed, shipper selected and a label with postage is generated.
6) We send tracking number back to Commerce Hub who sends it back to QVC to generate a email ship notice and tracking to the end user.

Our online orders operate in a similar way with the exclusion of Commerce Hub.

In a perfect world, we would like the store to generate a pick list, paid label and a packing slip for the customer that would be on an adheasive backed form that we could peel the shipping label off and place the packing slip into the box.  We would want the process to compile a daily ship record that would automatically send the tracking info to Commerce Hub or in the case of our customers directly to them.

The more we can automate, the better and we are willing to pay for it.  Almost does not work for us, so if it requires another piece or two of software to work, I am fine with that. 

CCP already has the capability to add weight to creat a package weight and an additional column to include package weight and dimensions is also needed to net up the final weight.  We use approximately five box sizes driven by the product sale quantity and the shipper.  USPS, for example, has effectively four sizes we use for domestic.  Two non flat rates (#4 & #7) and two flat rates.  Selection of these is weight driven.  Most of the carriers operate as a combination of dimensional and whole weight in integer pounds.  USPS is in 1/2 pound breaks.

I do agree that the ATS Batch bloats pretty easily.  My sense is that it is not as much ATS as it is the way it compiles the CCP51 orders.

To us, the ability to select different shippers and generate automatic pick & pack/label documents is about as important as it gets.  At this stage, we cannot integrate CCP6 until we can do the above.

Things are going to get more complicated for us as we migrate to a second manufacturing facility.

I hope this helps!!

Bob

Chemical-Free Skin Health
Clean Green Skincare & Petcare

#14 01-22-2007 10:40:50

GoBrushless.com

Endicia integration would be awesome.  Surprised to hear that Rachel's USPS mod wasn't built into CCP6 - that seemed like a no-brainer to me.

Concern needs to be paid to what requires the most amount of time for the user...

#15 01-22-2007 11:02:18

rachaelseven
Website

My USPS mod is really a hack... it depends on the USPS site not changing in any way.  It's not something that could really be built into a proper integration.  To be done correctly, a shipping label integration like that would have to use the proper backed API, which is considerably more involved than my website hack.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#16 01-22-2007 15:17:52

steveblueradio
Website

Hi Nick,
   three little letters that are very important RMA...lol, can we have it included in the batch management, though it mite be a big mod as you'd have to include it into the customer accounts as well. This would let customers log into their accounts, select an order, and then select an item within that order that they wish to return, with a form to fill in giving details of why they are returning the item. then in the back end order management, the admin can view these return requests, have the ability to yes yes or on, if yes an email is sent to the customer with RMA return info.

I'm Gene Hunt, Your DCI, And it's 1973, Nearly Dinner Time, I'm havin hoops........

Cheers,
Steve
-------------------

#17 01-22-2007 15:29:05

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Do we have a full list of requirements yet?  It looks like we need batch order processing and RMA support.

Nick Hendler

#18 01-22-2007 18:12:52

willp
Website

I'd like to see full order management. Create a new order in the admin interface and especially edit an existing order. Add/change/delete products with automatic cascade updates to order totals and inventory as changes are saved.

Last edited by willp (01-22-2007 18:20:58)

#19 01-22-2007 18:39:41

rachaelseven
Website

Add another vote for batch management and updating existing orders.  Even shipping 15-20 units per day would be a nightmare without at least the functionality of the ATS batch module.  And we DEFINITELY need to be able to update orders after they're placed - that happens all the time and it is just too much chance for error to do it manually in any sort of database manager.  RMA would be nice, but in my personal opinion, that would take a back seat to the other two, which are really critical to a lot of store owners.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#20 01-30-2007 19:02:54

lewaff
Website

Its great to see so many comments on the subject I thought the big K had forgot,
I myself again asked ATS, what about the best mod they ever did, and will they be supporting the CCP6 and I was so suprised that they we not.
And I must say for any one who does loads of little orders BATCH PROCCESSING IS A MUST,
and the this should have been in the the software, EBAY GOT IT right.

Lewaff

Thanks In advance
Lewis Afford 

wwwqualitechnic.co.uk   (CCP6 UK/EU Version)

#21 03-05-2007 12:15:07

SimpleUsability
Website

Would love to have some form of batch processing.

A screen with all the orders that are 'pending shipping' - as everything is always in stock 99% of the time.

I would then like all orders that I ship from this screen (tick the orders to be shipped) to get a 'your order has been shipped' email sent to the user.
Would be nice to add in tracking codes into the email sent here too.

Then, once an order is 'completed' I want this to disapear from this screen and appear on a 'completed orders' page.

At the moment the admins have to hunt out the orders - which makes me uneasy.  I'm even thinking of lashing admin screens together in Zope - as that's what I'm used to developing db screens in.

Guy

Last edited by SimpleUsability (03-05-2007 12:23:29)

#22 03-05-2007 15:35:33

GoBrushless.com

any status on this and the pending update?

#23 03-07-2007 19:07:38

kiwimum
Website

Also watching for an update.

Jessica

#24 03-10-2007 23:47:37

PinkPanther

I would love to see this added (right before product review option) - currently I am still using CCP5.1 until I get the CCP6 up and running. I have the batch management from ATS and could not...would not be able to work without it.

Please consider working this into CCP6 soon. Thanks.

K

#25 03-21-2007 11:30:19

lewaff
Website

!!Any News on this type of update!
Has I have said before….
I used ATS Batch Order Mod on CCP 5.1, and is sadly missed on CCP6.
> In fact the order processing is a step backwards on CCP6 to the 5.1 with ATS. mod <
It’s alright if you only want to process up to 10 orders a day.
But when i get 20 -30+ its not good there are too many key clicks to process.

Even though i have asked for this even if i pay for it.

Just bumming............

We I asked about updates I was given that there are 100 + sites on CCP6 working, So there no rush.

!!! But many missing the improvements done to the CCP5.1 by ATS!

Lewis Afford
wwwqualitechnic.co.uk

Thanks In advance
Lewis Afford 

wwwqualitechnic.co.uk   (CCP6 UK/EU Version)

Board footer