Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-08-2006 18:14:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

CCP6 Demo Online

For those of you that are interested, a demo has been put online of the new CCP6 software.  This demo contains all of the functionality to be delivered next week.  This demo is a representation of the production grade codebase currently scheduled to be delivered.

There are a few items still in beta that are not shown in the demo - most notably checkout and everything behind it and product reviews.  This is a frontend demo only.  You'll have to wait until the release to see the backend in action. 

Here is the URL:  http://devel2.kryptronic.com/khxc/index.php

Some of the cooler things you'll notice:

(1) Fully standards compliant XHTML 1.0 strict code with CSS-based design.
(2) Embedded SEO functionality (look at those pretty URLs)
(3) View larger image on product detail page uses cool Lightbox effects
(4) Dynamic menus including mini-search, mini-login status, mini-cart, currency switcher.
(5) Dynamic recently viewed and popular pages
(6) New breadcrumbs and advanced store search functionality
(7) Multi-add type category and related products views (look at the Hard Disk Drives category)
(8) Best sellers, new products, products index, all products, specials and standard views.
(9) Featured items on HTML splash page.
(10) New formats for all software generated forms.

Lots, lots more.  Actually this will all seem fairly lightweight once you guys see the power of the backend.  All this and it's still 400x more efficient than CCP5.1 (which is a very good program in it's own right).

I'll be in touch early on next week.  Have a great weekend.

Nick Hendler

#2 12-08-2006 18:47:15

steveblueradio
Website

Re: CCP6 Demo Online

Hi Nick,
          Will there be a subtotal on the shopping cart?

I'm Gene Hunt, Your DCI, And it's 1973, Nearly Dinner Time, I'm havin hoops........

Cheers,
Steve
-------------------

#3 12-08-2006 18:50:27

andyM

Looking good...

#4 12-08-2006 21:19:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Yes, a subtotal on the cart is pending.

Nick Hendler

#5 12-08-2006 21:29:23

Thom
Website

Kool looking kart!!!! big_smile I kan't wait to purchase the update. big_smile
Way to go Nick!

Thom-

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - AUNTIE MAME

#6 12-09-2006 11:05:47

picstart

smart looking shopping cart , anybody spotted typo error on wish list header graphic    http://devel2.kryptronic.com/khxc/ccp0- … bf550.html   WIST LIST?,

any chance of seeing a demo with an imported ccp51 standard skin? or will it look like the demo, also does the option of currency change mean uk version of 5.1 work fully when imported into us version.

"It may be my worst nightmare at present..... but soon it will be my dream"

#7 12-09-2006 11:16:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

smart looking shopping cart , anybody spotted typo error on wish list header graphic    http://devel2.kryptronic.com/khxc/ccp0- … bf550.html   WIST LIST?,

It looks like I can't spell and the beta team is not doing it's job smile  I've corrected that.

any chance of seeing a demo with an imported ccp51 standard skin? or will it look like the demo, also does the option of currency change mean uk version of 5.1 work fully when imported into us version.

The standard skin shipped with CCP6 is what's running on the demo right now.  Because the HTML code in the 5.1 skin is far from XHTML Strict compliant, an option is in the upgrade code to import or not import that skin.  If you choose not to import it, you'll want to make changes to the CCP6 skin you see on the demo.

Concerning your currency change question, the upgrade between US->UK and visa/versa will work and import as much data as possible, however you will not have VAT, a few UK specific processors and the Royal Mail script in the US version.  On both the core and application levels you have the option to choose your base currencies.  This means you can run the KHXC in USD and CCP6 in GBP and still allow users to view prices in JPY (or whatever else they may like).

Nick Hendler

#8 12-09-2006 11:54:18

GreenbarnWeb
Banned
Website

Hi

The major difference between ccp6 US and UK are:
1. UK specific payment gateways like Protx, Secpay, Nochex, HSBC, ePDQ etc will only be available in the UK version.
2. Will understand EU Vat.
3. The standard UK version will include the Royal Mail, Parcel Force and user defined shipping.
4. The standard UK version will include the Postcode to Address functionality.
5. The standard UK version will include the Sage order export function.
6. The address and other parts customised for the UK market.

#9 12-09-2006 12:05:10

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks, Howard.  Just to note: 

The base Kryptronic CCP6 has user defined shipping in it as well.  I don't want anyone to have the impression that the software does not support custom shipping - it does.

Additional items in the base version that were previously in the UK only version include thumbnails in the cart and currency conversions. 

The base version supports international addresses as well (as CCP always has).  What Howard is referring to with UK customized addresses is the addition of UK-specific regions to the state/province listing.

Nick Hendler

#10 12-09-2006 12:35:47

GreenbarnWeb
Banned
Website

Hi Nick,

In the UK version it has the extra user defined shipping method (different from the custom shipping)

This module will also allow you to add you own service based on the following:
•    By destination country allow all, only related countries and all except related countries.
•    By destination postcode allow all, only related postcodes and all except related postcodes
•    Define if prices include or exclude Vat
•    Allows for you to charge an extra amount per weight increment over a weight limit
•    Allows for you to define a maximum weight for a service
•    Allows you to calculate the volume metric weight
•    Allows you to add delivery price bands based on any combination of volume, weight and price
http://www.clickcartpro.co.uk/html/royal-mail-admin.htm

This will include all the Royal Mail and Parcel Force services pre loaded

#11 12-10-2006 06:35:58

mbsoft

Howard

For the UK Version of CCP 6 you said it will include UK specific payment gateways like:
Protx, Secpay, Nochex, HSBC, ePDQ etc will only be available in the UK version.

Will it also include velocitypay as this is the payment gateway we use in CCP5.1

Thanks

#12 12-10-2006 11:33:02

andyM

When will the UK version be ready...same time as the main version?

#13 12-11-2006 13:10:57

rushjc

When in the shopping cart, it would probably be better to have buttons for checkout and continue shopping rather than text links.  People expect to see buttons.  Had to look for the text links too long.

Just my 2 cents

#14 12-11-2006 13:45:39

jungle juice

looks like the contact page has not change much from the old, adding a preprogrammed subject line drop down list may be helpful when sorting mails...

#15 12-16-2006 01:15:13

ambassador

-------
Dec 16, 2006

Like the other demo link posted, this demo exhibits URLs that are definitely not search-engine-friendly.

Ambassador
-------

#16 12-16-2006 09:34:22

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You probably have cookies turned off in your browser or some other cookie related issue.  The URLs are search engine friendly for anyone: (1) Who has the ability to accept cookies or (2) whose browser reports iteself as one of the fifty or so recognized robots, spiders or crawlers.

Nick Hendler

#17 12-17-2006 11:08:39

slydog

Couple questions:

If one has already the ATS SEO mod, will the URLs change again (nightmare with housands of pages already in Google)?

Will the update just overwrite the ATS mod with the same scheme?

Will the SEO URLS demonstrate the same bad characteristics of the ATS mod? -- namely, this portion of their rewrite rule - RewriteRule ^cat--(.*)\.html - where (.*) = ANYTHING. That allows your competitor or anyone else to take one of your URLs like http://www.someplace.com/cat--whatever--cat2.html, put anything they want in the 'whatever' area and still access the page -- no big deal unless they decide to submit a bunch of changed URLs that lead to the same page for you thus creating mounds of duplicate content.

Will we be able to use two-digit years? My Quickbooks uses two-digit and can't be changed.

Currently when uploading new products, I export comma delimited from Lotus Approach, copy/paste to the product.csv and FTP the new product.csv to the server -- will I still be able to do that?

The 'minor' changes we have made like the payment options display order and such -- will those be overwriten and revert to defaults etc.?

#18 12-18-2006 08:14:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If one has already the ATS SEO mod, will the URLs change again (nightmare with housands of pages already in Google)?

Concerning SEO, the ruleset is completely different.  You can point ATS rules for CCP5.1 to CCP6 in your .htaccess file with temporary rules, though - so your search engine links won't break.  The URLs have changed completely - they are more search engine friendly and have less to them.  Basically any URL generated by the system will be written in an SEO style if:

(1) The user is a web robot, spider or crawler or the user has cookies available.

AND

(2) The link has only one CGI parameter named 'ref' - or no parameters (90% of the CCP URLs).

(3) The link is not going from SSL to Non-SSL or visa-versa (we need the session var in this case to update the opposing port's cookie (CCP6 supports SSL side sessions - CCP5.1 does not).

(4) You have SEO turned on.

Will we be able to use two-digit years? My Quickbooks uses two-digit and can't be changed.

I'll look into this - I was unaware of the need for two digit years in QB.  I'll research and do the right thing.

Currently when uploading new products, I export comma delimited from Lotus Approach, copy/paste to the product.csv and FTP the new product.csv to the server -- will I still be able to do that?

Yes, but not using this methodology.  In the new system you'll use the core's RawDB admin functions to import CSV files directly into the database tables using a file upload function.  It's much simpler and provides statistics on how many rows were added/updated, etc.

The 'minor' changes we have made like the payment options display order and such -- will those be overwriten and revert to defaults etc.?

Because this is brand new software using new systems to do all of this, display changes such as the ones you mention will have to be redone.  The defaults in CCP6 are a bit different, though and you may find them quite suitable.

Nick Hendler

#19 12-18-2006 11:06:08

slydog

Thanks..

Hopefully the proper rewrite rule instructions will be posted here or made part of CCP6 documentation? Regarding Quickbooks, currently when I import, all of my invoices and payments appear in QB with the year 1986. I use an older QB Pro that can't be changed to 4 digit year. I'd really rather not have to spend $200 for a newer QB just for that (or have to edit the export file prior to import).

I'd also like to know whether the methodology we currently use for design changes (site layout, etc.) will change. Will we be able to customize the html to the same level (I don't buy skins) -- add buttons in place of text links for checkout, etc.?

Will the manual be more comprehensive and understandable, have an index of Elements along with their purpose and default locations, and management and customization be more intuitive? I've spend hours untold searching for Elements and whatnot that control displays I was trying to modify -- I've needed a CCP5.1 atlas many times!

#20 12-18-2006 11:10:28

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The answer, simply, is YES to all your questions above.

Nick Hendler

#21 12-18-2006 11:18:10

slydog

Forgot to ask...

Will we be able to better control drop shipping? Currently, the handling charge is per order - I need it per supplier. If customers purchase items coming from more than one supplier on the same order, there needs to be a drop ship charge (handling) for each supplier in the order along with the real time shipping from the supplier's zipcode.

#22 12-18-2006 12:55:54

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The handling charges in CCP6 are applied per shipping group (groups of products having the same ship method, destination and origin).  It is entered as one global rate (does not change based on supplier) but is added to each different shipping group.  Shipping groups are determined by the drop shipper location, the destination (entered by customer) and the product shipping options selected.

Nick Hendler

#23 12-18-2006 13:37:47

slydog

webmaster wrote:

The handling charges in CCP6 are applied per shipping group (groups of products having the same ship method, destination and origin).  It is entered as one global rate (does not change based on supplier) but is added to each different shipping group.  Shipping groups are determined by the drop shipper location, the destination (entered by customer) and the product shipping options selected.

Boy do I need that! All of my prods are drop ship with many suppliers. However, Nick, it would be oh so nice if the ship group could also include the supplier's variable. We could have two suppliers with the same zip code and lose a handling charge. In my case, the first two characters of the product ID designate the supplier. Any way to incorporate something like that? Maybe in the product admin another field?

shipper zip      shipper email      **shipper code  or perhaps to simplify, another admin page for setting up suppliers information so all you need is supplier's code as the only variable except for the rate calculations -- AND, some suppliers don't use real time rates. Some have flat rates. Would be nice to have the shipping all supplier specific!

Something like that could be very handy for auto generating memos on the orders and emails like -- Please Note: Shipping is calculated separately for each supplier. ABC products are drop shipped directly from the maufacturer, ABC, in the altered state of CALIFORNIA and will ship separately from other items --  ABC usually ships within 3 working days of the order confirmation.

We also have return policies etc. that are specific to supplier. So a screen with all the supplier contact information and such right in the admin would be nice and could provide the supplier variable needed to better control drop shipping.

...Slydog

#24 12-18-2006 16:37:07

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We're not going quite that far with drop shipper support in this release, but you might see that level of detail in the future.  For now, though, all of the emails and other supplier-specific includes are all written in full blown PHP - not a stripped down template system - so you have full ability to add in whatever disclaimers you like wherever you like them.

Nick Hendler

#25 12-21-2006 23:11:33

ambassador

Webmaster wrote:

"The URLs are search engine friendly for anyone: (1) Who has the ability to accept cookies or (2) whose browser reports iteself as one of the fifty or so recognized robots, spiders or crawlers."

When viewing the demo using the Internet Explorer 6 browser/Microsoft Windows XP Professional/Service Pack 2 - with cookies turned off - the URLs observed were definitely not search engine friendly.  Thus, based upon this observation, it would seem that cookies are indeed required for SEF URLs.  If this observation is not flawed in some fashion then the search-engine-friendliness of the new software is most disappointing.

Ambassador

Last edited by ambassador (12-21-2006 23:14:20)

Board footer